Why are y'all surprised you got banned?

@FANtasyStarOnline said in Why are y'all surprised you got banned?:

@Scerms77 said in Why are y'all surprised you got banned?:

Hello, just chiming in. I saw some people here talking about players getting banned for purchasing items from bot sellers in the player shop. Is that somehow confirmed (Link please) or is that just some guessing or hear-say? I mean, most players dont read this forum and dont have a clue that they shouldnt buy from playershops where the owner has just a PN... Most people just buy whats the cheapest and dont ask whats going on"behind the scenes" It would be very rude to ban these players who simply used a ingame function... If that truly is the case, its on Sega to take out these shops (and i mean on a daily basis, not only during maintainance once every two weeks or monthly) so players cant be "trapped" to buy from these shops.

For now, this is all hearsay. Sega hasn't really been forthcoming about why the mass bans (other than what's shown on the monthly ban posts).

@SilverRathalos @Shine I'm not so sure Sega is trying to ignore this issue or the players... I mean, Sega doesn't seem to be that incompetent.

But as someone else pointed out, it's Billions... maybe less, Millions(?) of accounts over 6 Months on three platforms. Even if a player did only one personal shop transaction a day, that's... a huge number to sift through! Plus, they can't use the same filter they used to catch the actual RMT hackers...

On top of actually running the game, they probably need someone to go through all the gameplay, personal shop and economy records to review for innocent players who got caught along with actual confessed RMT hackers. My point is, even is Sega did announce that they are reviewing everyone's case, I don't see how any of this is going to be fixed soon.

Thanks for the info 👍

We have a banned post link?