Why are y'all surprised you got banned?

@Laep said in Why are y'all surprised you got banned?:

Honestly it's hard for me to understand why anyone would buy meseta in this game, and this is coming from someone who has RMTd heavily on ArcheAge (along with literally everyone else playing it) since it's launch and other games, this game is just too easy to make meseta in even if you don't buy AC scratches.

It's so easy to play the market and you're flooded with items with good augments that sell fast if you just play the game, and if you do decide to buy AC scratches you can literally just sit on items the block 1 """""players""""" fawn over for a month and then sell it for a hugely inflated price once it's out of rotation. They'll pay a fortune for anything to get their nasty little like4likes and pq visits. And this isn't taking into account using alt characters and huge amount you can get quickly from dailies / weeklies.

Wait, how is Like4like and PQ vists nasty?

@TEN-SQUARE-3 It's one thing to legitimately like a player, or want to visit their quarters after seeing the amount of work put into their characters, it's another thing entirely for them to farm for likes, when they didn't exactly earn them. Like4like is a bit on the more annoying side of the game, as they are only trying to use what's cool to farm SG, instead of genuinely just trying to make a cool character based around their tastes. I can't speak for Leap, and It doesn't directly affect me, so I don't bother those players, but it does kind of annoy me, because it just reminds me of those spam accounts on Xbox Live that do like4like, and it's another major reason I avoid social media, as it reminds me of users that seek clout.

The one in general seems like fake bait honestly.

Please GMs remove this thread it is a topic that shouldn’t be discussed!

Please delete thread!

@Anarchy-Marine said in Why are y'all surprised you got banned?:

@TEN-SQUARE-3 It's one thing to legitimately like a player, or want to visit their quarters after seeing the amount of work put into their characters, it's another thing entirely for them to farm for likes, when they didn't exactly earn them. Like4like is a bit on the more annoying side of the game, as they are only trying to use what's cool to farm SG, instead of genuinely just trying to make a cool character based around their tastes. I can't speak for Leap, and It doesn't directly affect me, so I don't bother those players, but it does kind of annoy me, because it just reminds me of those spam accounts on Xbox Live that do like4like, and it's another major reason I avoid social media, as it reminds me of users that seek clout.

Well I can’t speak to everyone that’s high up on the lookbook list or uses lile4like tag, but I’m currently sitting 5th on mmost likes on ship 1, and I put a ton of effort into making my matoi clone. Literally hours upon hours in the saloon, never mind the months of farming I did to get SG for the scratch so I could get all her outfits. The whole char is built around my tastes, and i certainly don’t do it for the SG, I passed those milestones a long time ago, I do it purely cause I enjoy it, I’m not even a player that hangs around in populated blocks, just my alliance home block, so most people never even see me.

While I can understand it being annoying if people were spamming in the lobbies all day, that’s hardly the case the most I’ve ever seen is being put up a status underneath their name when they go afk, which you can very easily ignore. You don’t even have to do that, you can just use the search feature on lookbook and send out likes that way, which is what I do. I specifically only search for Like4like, so anyone that doesn’t want to participate isn’t constantly getting likes from me. Which does bring me back my initial question how is Like4like nasty and annoying when, if you’re not interested in it at all, apart from a couple of status with Like4like or visit my PQ, you can completely ignore?

@Anarchy-Marine

I feel the same way. I’ve been given Likes by those people and I just ignore them with that tag, it’s just fishing for more likes. Look I have too much time on my hands too but the effort for those Likes is nuts to me. If I like your look then I’ll give you one, that’s it.

@Milk I usually only give a like to a person, if I like the work put into their characters. Even the like4like ones, otherwise I too ignore them.

@LapisWave Interesting. How do you know it's because of the VPN? Although it could be, it seems this recent wave of bans were for RMT and player activities involved with duping items and money.

@FANtasyStarOnline There's no explicit reason given for any of the bans. All of the responses I've seen have been due to "A violation of the ToS" with no further elaboration. VPN use was a bannable offence in JP but it was generally only doled out for obvious globetrotting or if the IP addresses assigned via the VPN were shared. That said I believe both VPN use and Virtual Machines are forbidden in the ToS. It "could" be a reason is all. The no explanation/appeal thing is what is really worrying going forward.

No body knows what the real issue is or why they were banned.

I truly believe this thread needs to be deleted and very surprised it been up this long. Forum GMs are not doing there job in my opinion. Thread topic like these need to vanish! Not understanding why it been up this long?

We don’t need to give these exploiters any platform in Sega stage!

If you are not reporting this thread you part of the problem!

@RainGnyu said in Why are y'all surprised you got banned?:

No body knows what the real issue is or why they were banned.

I truly believe this thread needs to be deleted and very surprised it been up this long. Forum GMs are not doing there job in my opinion. Thread topic like these need to vanish! Not understanding why it been up this long?

We don’t need to give these exploiters any platform in Sega stage!

If you are not reporting this thread you part of the problem!

someones triggered. but it seems this is a discussion people want to continue. if u dont like it dont reply

@Akonyl said in Why are y'all surprised you got banned?:

@SuperND420 Where have people been complaining about being banned?

There's one thread here on general of someone who was apparently totally oblivious, but if you go to the Tech Support forum there's a few threads with a decent chunk of people in them.

I stay away from tech support, because I noticed a pattern of user error, so I never bother going there. That's not to say all issues are user end, but a good majority are.

In general it's also better to just submit a ticket through the "contact us" feature on this page. 😉

@RainGnyu said in Why are y'all surprised you got banned?:

Please GMs remove this thread it is a topic that shouldn’t be discussed!

Please delete thread!

People are free to discuss and express opinions on this topic. It will be deleted if it becomes an issue in terms of hostility or language, as some other threads have.

@RainGnyu While the topic creator of the other active thread discussing this issue in general, seriously or in jest, admitted to a breach of the ToS it does not appear to be the case in regards to other threads on the forum/twitter. The problem is once again down to the reason for their bans not being communicated. You could consider that they have all lied and know what they've done/deserve their ban and in certain cases I'm sure that is true but consider that if the same were to happen to you, me, or anybody else without due warning or explanation this coming wednesday . . . I'm sure the first question that we'd want answering is -why-.

Edit: Clarification regarding TC.

Hmmm we got a guy in our alliance who said his account got suspended... im wondering if this is the reason. Ahh well serves them right.