Arks League

ok finished testing Harukotan TA, the mobs there do not count as supernatural.

A friend of mine has reported the same.

If we suppose a Grade 1 BQ Free Match takes 5 minutes include all the wait times, the theoretical maximum would be 4,500 kills. To get more than that, it'd have to come from something other than the UQ/BQs and it seems once again like Enchanted Woods VH PSEs are the only remaining possibility.

I noticed something about timing. I got into a room for a grade 1 5 minutes before league started and we didn’t start the fight until league started. We got a full run in, I checked the score board and it said...nadda. I had 0 kills and first place had 2 kills. So it doesn’t start on time, or it didn’t for this one.

If it had started on time, I would’ve had at least 300 kills after my first buster run.

Also I got into a good party farming medals and we worked well together so we were in and out, really enjoyable run. I placed first in league by at least 1600 kills last I checked.

Yeah you have to be in a league before starting the quest.

After our first Grade 1 Free I was 100 behind someone else, so they clearly had a headstart. Tried joining a couple Woods games quick but the first few groups either had no idea how to be efficient or weren't trying to play the league anyway. So I returned to Grade 1 Frees and unless there was a last-minute surge finished about 350 behind 1st so they kept pace in their Grade 1 games and I had no way to catch up to them anyway.

I'll say it again, supernatural leagues aren't competition. They're basically a "who joined the league first" contest which is stupid and against the spirit of the setup. I'm glad we're done with them now.

Supernatural was lame. I don’t like being at the mercy of a room filling up and I’ve had bad experiences in the woods so I avoid it. I wish they just made it all falspawn.

I’m a little sad it’s over before they could work out the kinks, the competition was fun.

@LashettePSO2 said in Arks League:

ok finished testing Harukotan TA, the mobs there do not count as supernatural.

Thanks for the info. Then i got this wrong and was answering to the wrong topic. Sorry to everybody who got confused because of this.

I'm pretty sure it is since VH Woods counts, I found another map earlier with a smaller loop where the zones on that looping path was all supernatural spawns. So if a group of 12 find something like that, and sticks on that same path and gets bursts then 5000+ is easy.

@Miraglyth said in Arks League:

Yeah you have to be in a league before starting the quest.

After our first Grade 1 Free I was 100 behind someone else, so they clearly had a headstart. Tried joining a couple Woods games quick but the first few groups either had no idea how to be efficient or weren't trying to play the league anyway. So I returned to Grade 1 Frees and unless there was a last-minute surge finished about 350 behind 1st so they kept pace in their Grade 1 games and I had no way to catch up to them anyway.

I'll say it again, supernatural leagues aren't competition. They're basically a "who joined the league first" contest which is stupid and against the spirit of the setup. I'm glad we're done with them now.

It is entirely possible to catch up. I got registered at the start of today’s match, then wasn’t able to start for 15mins, has something came up, by the time I got into the woods I was 900 points behind, within 30mins I had caught up and won comfortably. I’ve won every league with the supernatural easily in woods, all in completely random parties. It’s just a case of learning the spawns quickly and finding the most efficient route, then communicating with everyone in the mpa to make sure everyone is on the same page. Has long as you’re polite about it, people will listen and catch on very quickly

@TEN-SQUARE-3

That’s really impressive! I think a good party always helps.

Another Arks league. Where did you guys place? I wasn’t feeling well so I joined really late, last I checked I was in 6th but might’ve climbed into 5th.

I'm with you on the feel-bads. Coupled with serious lag today I 've dropped off and am getting a little PSO2 fix here.

Last I checked, I was at around 3200 and the second place like 2300. That was two minutes before the end. So... I'm confident I placed first.

Wasn't expecting that, I was falling behind at first, like 800 to 600. Either switching to Harukotan did the trick, or my competition went into the Urgent Quest and fell behind due to that.

Either way... my fingers need a break^^'

@Kodiakmax-101

I’m just playing around in the salon with accessories, not feeling it today. I only placed at all because of Trick or Treat. Meh

@Zoe

Congrats! Yeah my fingers start to cramp from League. It’s tough work getting 1st, I usually hop off immediately and relax.

I've been bedridden all day. Just dragged myself out to eat. Missed the league entirely, making it the only one I missed. Ah well, recovery is more important than a handful of SG, even if it was a falspawn one I would have had a realistic chance of winning unlike garbage supernatural ones.

@TEN-SQUARE-3 said in Arks League:

It is entirely possible to catch up. I got registered at the start of today’s match, then wasn’t able to start for 15mins, has something came up, by the time I got into the woods I was 900 points behind, within 30mins I had caught up and won comfortably.

Yeah, when you're 250 points behind in a supernatural league there are literally only two ways to have any chance to catch up:

1. Everyone ahead of you either screws up hilariously badly or more likely simply stops due to internet outage or some real-life incident.
  2. An excellent Enchanted Woods game.

I’ve won every league with the supernatural easily in woods, all in completely random parties.

The completely random parties I found during my brief foray in Enchanted Woods all had at least 6 NPCs and generally didn't even know what ARKS League was. When you're 300+ points behind 1st but 300 points ahead of 3rd and 4th with 20 minutes left in the league and after 5 minutes of looking through the only games to have more than 3/12 in the MPA, you are left with a rather difficult decision:

1. Try to convince people who seem oblivious and whose games you have invaded to care about what you want to do?
  2. Create your own game and hope people will both join in the first place and read the party name, or that any other random parties joining will care more and leave NPCs out?
  3. Get back to Free Match BQs and protect 2nd place knowing that it's too late for the others to do either of the above and catch up?

On my experience it feels to me that the first two options are putting 40 SG at very high risk for a very unlikely chance to gain 50. That dilemma happened twice for me (both times self-created because it wasn't known and hadn't been shared anywhere online how BQs/UQs compared) and I don't regret choosing the third option both times. With 20 minutes left any effective Woods MPA is likely 12/12.

My point here being that the existence of Free Match BQ Grade 1 as an incredibly fixed-rate gain for kills not only made supernatural leagues uncompetitive, but gave an often insurmountable advantage to people who joined a league in the last 45 minutes just as someone else already in that league was about to start the first Defense wave.

And if you've arranged with 12 human players to group up and co-ordinate to find an efficient Enchanted Woods game to run for the whole 90 minutes, firstly congratulations because that's basically guaranteed 1st place unless two of you end up in the same league, and secondly that means anyone who even runs one Buster Quest to go with the stable kill income is completely eliminated out of any chance at 1st, so I don't see how this is meant to be competitive either.

So while "it is possible to catch up" may technically be true, it doesn't change my point: In every supernatural league I was in without exception, the 1st to 5th standing with 20 minutes to go was how it ended, with no overtaking having taken place, even when people were a mere 50 kills apart. Their presence limited to just two unique quest formats means supernatural leagues are surely the least competitive possible enemy type to make a kill league on, by a considerable margin.

@Miraglyth

Meh don’t feel too bad, I didn’t know we were even having one today and I just didn’t care. It’s a sleepy, feel like crap kind of day today. 1st place in my league beat everyone by a landslide, even if I had went full ham on it there’s no way I could’ve caught up being so late.