Account suspended permanently

@n_n well... I bought a Safoie from him and didn't get banned so maybe this is isn't why he got banned.

I honestly doubt Sega is banning people for buying the cheapest items on the market surely. Even if the cheapest items are dupes or from bots that isn't really on the player at that point. The prices filter by descending for crying out loud. Anyone is immediately going to go for the lowest cost.

@Gamers-are-so-oppressed said in Account suspended permanently:

I honestly doubt Sega is banning people for buying the cheapest items on the market surely. Even if the cheapest items are dupes or from bots that isn't really on the player at that point. The prices filter by descending for crying out loud. Anyone is immediately going to go for the lowest cost.

Yeah, it's very possible these are just RMTers who got caught and are blaming it on cheap AC item purchases. But then again, it's SEGA we're talking about here, so who knows. shrug

@n_n it most likely is, as it happens a lot, people do lie, you know, and considering buying meseta is a fully shameful act, they will of course not admit it so easily and just say I DON'T KNOW HOW IT HAPPENED!"

@ApollosAmour said in Account suspended permanently:

@FANtasyStarOnline They definitely do. I think it works fine in Japan, but it doesn't translate that well to a global audience. You end up with a lot of these obnoxious perverts obsessed with loli/shotacon getting mad that the game is straying away from their fetish.

I made a girl character recently and I was honestly surprised at the lack of variety in their clothing compared to the guys. I just wanted a T-shirt style innerwear like the base male innerwear for an outfit and it doesn't exist.

There's T-shirt+pants basewears if that helps. I think they're pre-PC AC scratch content though.

@AiC-L There are some pretty decent basewears, you're right. The problem is I was working with a basewear with a LOT of skin exposed and I wanted to make it look like there wasn't. I found a way to pull it off, but it was a real challenge. I was close to resorting to full-body paint, which was too much coverage lol

@ApollosAmour yeah i did, they just said they won't be accepting any appeals and the suspension on the account will remain permanent.

@Tri-Edge Yikes. That probably is about it then. I know they've had the same stance on people mimicking the RMT bots in lobby (stuff like "GO TO stinkyyyyyyewwwww.pso2.tri" lol)

@ApollosAmour I agree with the players who are permabanned for acting like rmt bots... I mean it being a true permaban. @Tri-Edge However, I think with so many players claiming they're innocent... let's hope this "permaban / no appeals" is a just a delay, a long long delay.

@FANtasyStarOnline Same, especially now. It's tempting to mock them, but it doesn't excuse it. We'd have to be psychic or micromanage the market to avoid getting certain botted items. I'd prefer if they froze the account in question and removed the item instead.

@ApollosAmour If that happens, then I know you work for Sega! Haha, learned your secret!

@AiC-L said in Account suspended permanently:

There's T-shirt+pants basewears if that helps. I think they're pre-PC AC scratch content though.

I think the only female basewear that qualifies in that description is Froid Gallows F from Crimson Dawn:

861d3a84-4843-4002-a3b0-9cd180a11a0a-image.png

The best part is it was just rejected for revival in Throwback Collection, as has been mentioned in other topics lately.

I wouldn't say male tshirt + pants basewears have had it much better though. We had Premium Cargo Pants in Virtual Stars (so available to PC, barely) but that was missing a tshirt or any kind of shirt entirely. Beyond that there was nothing similar until Cargo Pants arrived as part of the Sakura Memories set.

@n_n said in Account suspended permanently:

Yeah, it's very possible these are just RMTers who got caught and are blaming it on cheap AC item purchases.

It'd be pretty abusive of RMTers to do this, as it'd be taking advantage of their knowledge that GMs won't publicly reveal the specifics of their legitimate ban while sowing doubt and concern about the reliability of the cheat detection into the minds of rule-abiding players and potentially gaming news writers.

I don't want to believe anyone is a liar as a default position, but as a player it'd certainly be the more comforting thing to do. The thought of an immediate first-strike unappealable permanent ban and the stigma of being thought of as a cheater for either a reasonable activity (buying from player shops where none have verifiable legitimacy) or a false positive (potentially even a frame) is probably the scariest thing I can imagine in account-based gaming.

GMs, while it's clear you cannot individually refute any false claims to innocence with proof, it would nevertheless be reassuring to legitimate players if you were in a position to make a statement that all of today's bans were manually verified with their reasons clearly communicated to the now former users. That would inform us that nobody who claimed to not know the reason for their ban was being truthful.

Meanwhile if the standard employed for these bans has fallen short of ensuring that only genuine cheaters can be banned, it would be more reassuring to hear that potential mistakes in detection could be appealed.

i definitely didn't mess with RMT, and i didn't get any specific information on why i was banned. The only thing i can think of is buying a large amount of items from the duping bots on the playershop for my clan raffle that got me flagged or something. Besides that, i honestly have no idea why i'd be banned. I've warned my clan mates now to be careful and avoid all PN # shops on the player shops. I'll see if i can appeal at a later date and hopefully be able to come back before NGS. If not, was fun playing with you guys on ship 1 and in pvp.