RMT bots and users are being punished now!

https://pso2.com/news/server-info/accountmeasures1020

Sounds like Sega tracked down users of these RMT sites and are taking them down too.

I still never buy any items I want that are the cheapest when I see stacks of 15-25. I’ll just buy the person above them.

I just read somewhere that the bots are using the credit cards people used to buy Meseta on the sites and buying up in-game items with it.

Not surprised. I suspect part of the reason for the delay of first time steam purchases is to catch this.

They sure don’t get rid of the obvious people who have been doing this for months.

PN2743848966 has been sitting ok 38 slyphos masks, 18 prowler hats etc etc on ship 2.

@Cult

That 966 guy is also on ship1. He's been crashing stuff really hard these past few weeks and has a 20-50 stack of various items from the recent scratches. He also does 999 recycle badge dumps and undercuts aggressively.

This account really needs to be banned and looked into. Until then, I suggest adding him to your blacklist if you are selling AC stuff... His undercuts are annoying.

Edit: Here is a pic I shared with a friend last night.

https://i.imgur.com/fMZMQbf.png

The mag device was going for almost 10m easily, but Mr. PN came in with his massive wall of 50+ and kept undercutting every new listing and ultimately brought it down to 1.8m very quickly.

Please do something @GM-Deynger

FWIW, this isn't the first time they've done this, this "account measures for dishonorable acts" thing where they ban bots/RMTers has happened a few times now.

While it's nice that they're doing something, the fact that we've still been seeing frequent bots/RMTers shows that even with this wave I doubt you'll see much of an effect.

I can understand the motivation of people who buy meseta considering the price it is in real money versus the effort it takes to make it in game. I however don't condone it knowing that to offer it for so little means that it likley comes from botting hacking or scamming.

@FANtasyStarOnline Yeah, they do that, since people who buy meseta already are Low IQs to begin with, it's easy for them to get their cards stolen, and then they use those, this happens in most MMOS with a currency system.

I just don't buy anything from any PN names at this point well the obvious pm name bots, like with no message, etc. although real players with pn names on store are sorta uncommon.

Ah damn. I’ve sold stacks of new AC stuff before for far below anyone else when I wanted a certain item badly enough. I thought selling for rock bottom would sell faster but I had reduced sales when I sold too low. Did people think I was cloning items or something? For example I was selling Alma Ball for 10m when the average was 18m and other than one sale I didn’t seem to sell them until I raised the price to 14m. I guess now that makes more sense, I had no idea what was going on.

Ship 2 has had no such undercutting but then again I don't sell stuff often. I will have to keep my eyes out for this one.

@n_n said in RMT bots and users are being punished now!:

@Cult

That 966 guy is also on ship1. He's been crashing stuff really hard these past few weeks and has a 20-50 stack of various items from the recent scratches. He also does 999 recycle badge dumps and undercuts aggressively.

This account really needs to be banned and looked into. Until then, I suggest adding him to your blacklist if you are selling AC stuff... His undercuts are annoying.

Edit: Here is a pic I shared with a friend last night.

https://i.imgur.com/fMZMQbf.png

The mag device was going for almost 10m easily, but Mr. PN came in with his massive wall of 50+ and kept undercutting every new listing and ultimately brought it down to 1.8m very quickly.

Please do something @GM-Deynger

A few weeks ago, I have pointed out those bot shops. PPL r still defending them, claiming some "whales" that out of imagination lol.

Undercutting is not really the issue. Its when you see a shop with 30 of said expensive AC item that is undercutting everyone. Typically you could spot the RMT ones because their player ID was still the generic PN# and they had lots of stock and undercut everyone.

When this first popped up. I remember asking if this was normal and some at first thought it could be whales. I reported it ether way.

@DarkstalkerX99

Then I’m lucky because I didn’t learn I could change my id name until a week ago. I had a bot name, no symbol art and no store greeting while selling stacks of stuff for usually half price. I’m in agreement it looks a little fishy now so I’m really relieved no one reported my shop.

@Milk nah probably some did report you however you can't be punished if you didn't do anything wrong