Just wanting to air out some concerns/get a better understanding for a mentality that I have been noticing pop up

First off, I know that this will probably not get a response from the GMs due to the NDA/gag order/whatever you want to call it that is preventing them from saying anything on the PC release or details for it. That said, they are releasing and giving all these rewards for Xbox players and its honestly concerning that PC will just be thrown into the game and get nothing even that players on PC have waited so long for it to come to NA just like everyone else. Just wanted to get that off my chest.

The other thing that i feel is a little concerning, there seems to be a mentality from some that is very dismissive of concerns and stuff that have been said by PC players and that we should just be happy we are getting it at all later. This I do not get, for an MMO, the Xbox players should be eager and wanting PC to join in cause that means more people playing, more people to do quests with, more people to interact with. Maybe i am missing something that is causing this thinking, Just wanting to get others opinion on it or if I have just been reading too deeply into the vocal minority sort of thing.

Welcome to the world where everything is not equal. Call of Duty Warzone had exclusive skins/extras for Playstation that PC and Xbox won't get because they pay for the extra goods. This is kind of how consoles work where getting exclusive things is a way to bring people to their ecosystems. Microsoft has thankfully started to put their games out there on PC but some special DLC things might remain exclusively.

No one really knows anything of what PC is getting when it does launch so it's simply a wait and see type thing. I'm willing to bet while Xbox is doing the open beta they are gonna have a small group testing the crossplay features making sure all is well.

We do want PC players to join us.

We don't want PC players saying it isn't fair XBOX was finally given a bone in the MMORPG and the JRPG world.

Exclusives are just a part of gaming. PS4 Monster Hunter World has items and quests I can't do on XBOX.

Rocket League alpha and beta testers got items (pc only) that sold for way too much real money.

As much as it sucks that it happens that way, competing companies make it that way.

@John-Paul-RAGE said in Just wanting to air out some concerns/get a better understanding for a mentality that I have been noticing pop up:

We do want PC players to join us.

We don't want PC players saying it isn't fair XBOX was finally given a bone in the MMORPG and the JRPG world.

Exclusives are just a part of gaming. PS4 Monster Hunter World has items and quests I can't do on XBOX.

Rocket League alpha and beta testers got items (pc only) that sold for way too much real money.

As much as it sucks that it happens that way, competing companies make it that way.

Except Windows 10 and XBOX are not competing companies, since they are both Microsoft. That is one thing where the argument of other systems having exclusive stuff falls apart, since Windows 10 and XBOX One are essentially the same platform, except one is multipurpose, and the other is streamlined for gaming and streaming.

@Ragnawind they are the same, but Xbox One is their gaming console, so that would be the target for sales.

Most people already have a PC.

I get the whole exclusive thing, I do, its a bit irksome cause i would have loved to get the photon halo set for my character when I do start playing, but not buying a console and paying a monthly fee that won't go to supporting the game. My bigger concern with the exclusivity is that making the GMs unable to say anything about PC, to be able to clear up misconceptions or to reassure the PC players that things are being worked on beyond the boiler plate 'its coming in Spring 2020' just feels like its actively hurting them trying to get people excited for the game cause the moment someone brings up PC, its "Coming spring 2020" then silence.

@Ragnawind Thats part of what is confusing me about delaying the PC thing, Xbox and Winows 10 are, for lack of a better way to put it, under the same company umbrella, so there is no direct competition. Infact I would hazard to guess that releasing both at the same time would bring a sizeable number of people into the ecosystem. Like for me, i have never used the windows 10 store for anything, but if it was to get this game downloaded, I would hands down use it to download and play the game and I am fairly confident that others would be willing to do the same to a degree.

With the complete radio silence on the PC version and all the marketing efforts focused on Xbox One version, we have no facts and can only speculate. My best guess, Microsoft is trying to clear out old console inventory and get a few more last minute Xbox One sales before new console holiday season starts. You're not wrong Microsoft Store is also Microsoft, but I think it's possible they might have given up on it same as GFWL.

Just how the chips fall, really.

@John-Paul-RAGE said in Just wanting to air out some concerns/get a better understanding for a mentality that I have been noticing pop up:

You did get plenty of JRPG exclusives. Tales of Vesperia, Blue Dragon, Eternal Sonata (Timed), etc. In fact, there were news articles stating Japanese players destroying their xboxes/etc. when they heard the news of Tales of Vesperia (and other JRPGs) coming to PlayStation. Bandai Namco went on to state that all future Tales games would be made available first on SONY Consoles.

@Havox3 said in Just wanting to air out some concerns/get a better understanding for a mentality that I have been noticing pop up:

but I think it's possible they might have given up on it same as GFWL.

I'm just glad Bethesda altered Fallout 3 to function without GFWL. Unlike Microsoft and Fable 3, which they simply pulled from existence altogether when GFWL died, and don't plan to re-release it without GFWL.

@Havox3 said in Just wanting to air out some concerns/get a better understanding for a mentality that I have been noticing pop up:

With the complete radio silence on the PC version and all the marketing efforts focused on Xbox One version, we have no facts and can only speculate. My best guess, Microsoft is trying to clear out old console inventory and get a few more last minute Xbox One sales before new console holiday season starts. You're not wrong Microsoft Store is also Microsoft, but I think it's possible they might have given up on it same as GFWL.

A f2p game is not going to move a large number of consoles. This is all Sega, and whatever deals may have been made. We don't know. They are choosing how it's handled and what times what happens. Based on how they posted info an hour or so before obt release....they simply prefer to not say things until its happening.

@SamuraiCrazy said in Just wanting to air out some concerns/get a better understanding for a mentality that I have been noticing pop up:

A f2p game is not going to move a large number of consoles. This is all Sega, and whatever deals may have been made. We don't know. They are choosing how it's handled and what times what happens. Based on how they posted info an hour or so before obt release....they simply prefer to not say things until its happening.

100% disagree. I dont think sega is that dumb.

@Z0DIAK-BRAVE agreed. I'm sure there was plenty of market research and forethought put into all of this.