Main Match VS Free Match?

I get several times as many medals from free match than main match, every time, with all observable other variables being the same. Why do Main Match at all?

Because Free Match doesn't drop items. Just Buster Medals. There's also significantly less EXP gain. (IE: 3 people in a party at level 83 = 103k EXP from final kill. Free match gives nearly 40k or more less. For the same amount of people.) Also Free match enemies are level 20-30ish, so they won't count toward certain client orders that require level 41+ enemies.

Your characters are also synced down. Special enemies like Omega Elder also won't spawn in grade 1-2.

But if you want to get EXP Tickets, then sure. You need 670 Buster Medals to get enough 15,000 EXP Tickets for one 1,000,000 EXP Ticket.

Actually right now still getting the units, but I'm at 2/3.

@ZeeHero9271 said in Main Match VS Free Match?:

Actually right now still getting the units, but I'm at 2/3.

What are the units used for anyway? I haven't really seen any NPC take "Sub / Add Spirit D" as payment for anything. Zig doesn't take them either for units (and some unit exchanges for Zig requires units that require exchanging for units at Zig, meaning it's impossible to get them without them dropping elsewhere.)

Since you need the booster mats anyway, you might as well keep doing Grade 3.

no no I mean there are 3 units a character can equip, and I bought 2 of them.

no no I mean there are 3 units a character can equip, and I bought 2 of them.

They're in the limited exchange, I didn't look in there. But I had so many Cleasis Boosters from running Grade 3 / etc. that I didn't need buster medals to upgrade them. We probably won't get the next upgrade until Episode 6.

Oh I can upgrade those units with cleasis boosters?

Oh I can upgrade those units with cleasis boosters?

Yeah, go to Zig and choose "Get Units."

@coldreactive ok so apparently I need like 100 cleasis booster and still only have 13, where do I farm these?

@coldreactive ok so apparently I need like 100 cleasis booster and still only have 13, where do I farm these?

I got them all from Fellwyrm (More so) and Buster Quests. But I've done like 40-60+ Buster Quests at Grade 3 (not counting the Grade 1-2 ones I did to get to Grade 3.)

Buster medsls are also useful for affixing if you want a sentence mod on your finished product you can't transfer it without the sentence receptor unit from 100 buster medals.