Who tf picked the music for the Trick or Treat event?

It sounds like friggin' Tom Jones https://youtu.be/k-HdGnzYdFQ

I love it, it reminds me more of Toy Story. The song is "This Is My Happiness" from Space Channel 5, an older SEGA game.

I kinda like it. I mean, to each their own. But some days when you're feeling like drek, that upbeatness is a bit of a perk-me-up, ya know?

That song is the lifeblood of this game! Ok not really but it makes a lot of people happy, that cheesiness is addictive. I run Trick or Treat just for that dumb song, I don’t care about the loot.

And I may or may not have looped it on Youtube so I could listen to it outside the game...

@Ignigknawt said in Who tf picked the music for the Trick or Treat event?:

It sounds like friggin' Tom Jones https://youtu.be/k-HdGnzYdFQ

The track is actually called "This Is My Happiness (Tom Jones A-Go Go Mix)". It's one of a handful of official remixes of a track from Space Channel 5, another of which was sung by Takenobu Mitsuyoshi (singer of "We're ARKS" at the ARKS Dance Festival concerts).

This remix has a history of appearing in Phantasy Star. It was used as the music for the Club area in Phantasy Star Universe, which to my knowledge was only accessible during one event (1Up Platinum Cup) on the western servers.

I still think it should've been pumpkin hill, but that's just me.

Sega has a history of using these old songs in PSO games. I'm hoping we get the Burning Rangers theme. I always loved that one along with the Carnival song from Samba de Amigo.

@MiyenHalo i would love to have burning rangers playing in my personal quarters.

@MiyenHalo said in Who tf picked the music for the Trick or Treat event?:

I'm hoping we get the Burning Rangers theme.

Speaking of which, the Japanese vocal version of that which has appeared in both Online and Universe is also sung by Takenobu Mitsuyoshi. The more you know!

In spite of that, I'd really like for us to get the awesome Dennis St. James English vocals from the original Saturn localisation of Burning Rangers instead. Every time the track has appeared in localised Phantasy Star it has been the Japanese version. (Fun fact: I even modded the English version into Universe, going as far as to match the first-verse loop.) Online 2 has put a focus on localising its songs (Quna, Rare Drop) so this version finally getting the official recognition it deserves would be a fantastic marriage of historic and present localisation.

Edit: I'd better suggest it, just in case.

@Thedovahmon said in Who tf picked the music for the Trick or Treat event?:

I still think it should've been pumpkin hill, but that's just me.

Right??

I keep hearing "Sweet holm Alabama." Though TBH I don't care for this soundtrack to fit the event.