Boss monster next to teleportal right after teleport from ship to the area.

Is boss monster suppose to be next to a teleportal right after you enter the Bewitched Woods. Right after I entered Boss monster started attacking me before even got to move yet and I was only group there at the time. Is this some kind of bug doing it ?.

random bosses can spawn anywhere in the map even in front of the landing teleport and depending of the boss they will attack you right away they see you, also you need to consider that when you are loading into the map the server is already registering you in the map and enemies will attack you even through they can't hit you until you finish loading the map.

I had a nasty run in the Bewitched wood were is was just waves of boss fights right after I teleported in, these things happen with procedural generation systems.

I had that happen with that train monster in Tokyo spawning on my head before I loaded in, basically got kicked across the street before I could see my character. Spawns are random, sometimes you’re very unlucky.

There's a safe zone in place around all teleportal locations that disallow enemy spawns within a small radius around them, but this is pretty small. But any enemies that are already spawned can walk up to the teleportal as they random roam about.

My first time in the woods I encountered Apprentice Omega in the immediate area away from the gate and it was just me and three NPCs...wasn't fun. I did not expect monsters to have THAT much HP.

@CalvinaCoulange bosses in Bewitching Forest are in the same level of Ultimate Quests so if you are not ready they will beat you hard

I went in blind and learned that the hard way. I can at least say I know what to expect now.

@Milk said in Boss monster next to teleportal right after teleport from ship to the area.:

I had that happen with that train monster in Tokyo spawning on my head before I loaded in, basically got kicked across the street before I could see my character. Spawns are random, sometimes you’re very unlucky.

The Train Gidran was probably abandoned by someone who left as you entered. Some people will leave when their points are full, I've had them ditch an EH Gidran battle on me.