Is there a problem with fun scratch tickets?

Just spent about 120k fun without a single personal shop drop. Is it glitched or is my luck just that bad? Just wanna find out before I go through the pain of opening another thousand scratch tickets.

RNG being RNG for you. Even an item with a 50% of dropping also has a 50% chance of not dropping at all.

I'm always reminded of FFXIV's RNG whenever someone talks about RNG:

If it's not 100%, it might as well be 0%. (This is mostly a joke but also not, because even high chances, like 90% for gathering nodes in FFXIV, can end up failing to gather 4+ times in a row.)

0.49% is the chance of getting it per roll

@max-torrent said in Is there a problem with fun scratch tickets?:

Which means you need to roll the FUN Scratch at least 205 times.

@coldreactive That's not how probability works.

I’m Premium so I don’t honestly know if I just never get one because of that but I’ve spent 12,000 FUN and have never gotten one. I do know the drop chance is insanely low.

Try one by one roll. The chance is higher compare to 10 times one roll. At least less chance for another 999 stacking grinder.

@Fighter-Fairy said in Is there a problem with fun scratch tickets?:

Try one by one roll. The chance is higher compare to 10 times one roll. At least less chance for another 999 stacking grinder.

that is just a myth the chances are exactly the same if you do 1 roll or 10 roll the only huge variation is your inventory won't be full of random stuff that fast

Its just rng. I play since march and only got one shop pass from all fun scratches i did. Yesterday i drawed 20 tickets and got two shop passes. I dont care that much about it,since i even bought premium when it was a bit of a hassle back then,when european players couldnt just buy AC ingame... But yeah,the chances are low,sometimes it works straight away,sometimes not. The calculation that 200 tickets guarantee a pass is still wrong. If you are not lucky you can draw over 1000 tickets and dont see a shop pass...

@coldreactive said in Is there a problem with fun scratch tickets?:

@max-torrent said in Is there a problem with fun scratch tickets?:

Which means you need to roll the FUN Scratch at least 205 times.

No.

I think somehow its intended. They added lots more stuff in the new fun scratch and maybe changed the drop rate???? As the one shows in game might be different than the actual one

Funny thing is, How everyone mentiones RNG, Well then someone explain to me how one of my guild mates on PSO2 day was able to get 4 rappy arks suites in row.? Is that RNG? Maybe and maybe not, Chances are I will never get that lucky. Also, this person was NOT using any sort of booster of any sort.

@DDDDLife said in Is there a problem with fun scratch tickets?:

Funny thing is, How everyone mentiones RNG, Well then someone explain to me how one of my guild mates on PSO2 day was able to get 4 rappy arks suites in row.? Is that RNG? Maybe and maybe not, Chances are I will never get that lucky. Also, this person was NOT using any sort of booster of any sort.

What you're describing is literally RNG. RNG stands for Random Number Generator, which js practically, luck. Are you lucky/unlucky enough to roll and/or not roll X multiple times over Y attempts? Literally RNG.

@DDDDLife

This happens in any game, some people can open 500 loot boxes and get nothing and someone could get it their first try. One old game I used to play had this cool mount, people were griping on the world chat about opening 400 boxes and no mount, then my name popped up on the screen and people demanded to know my number. My loot box count was 2. RNG is entirely luck, there’s no trick to it. Likewise I’ve had abysmal luck not getting anything. Your friend had a really lucky day.