Our power is never going to be enough!

@coldreactive

Oh thanks! I’m a nitwit when it comes to this game sometimes. Prices aren’t insane like I was dreading but there aren’t a lot for sale and potency seems low.

@DDDDLife said in Our power is never going to be enough!:

At some point , At leas in my mind , I was under the impression that in order to get the best gear, you first have to level up. As you do so, your power increases and maybe , just maybe , Be able to supersede those monsters that , At some point brought you thru the wringer. That's were I stand now, getting the very best weapons and the very best armors , only to be time and time again , have my ass handed to me on a silver platter, It's frustrating to say the least and I've concluded, What is the point of getting to max level, when its still isn't enough To give them what for, and make them run with their tails in between their legs.?

Yes, and maybe you will tell me that , this game isn't made for solo players, its made to be able to be played in Groups or parties. Thats all fine and dandy, but- I want that luxury to be able to do so, To run solo and come out on top. I just think that when you reach level 90, Monsters are beefy and remind me that what im using to subdue them is merely just a pee -shooter.

It's an action game. Gear makes a difference but ultimately it is the player that matters the most.

TL;DR: Learn to play.

Might be OT, but what is this?!?!Screenshot_2020-10-20-21-04-13-345_com.android.chrome.jpg

@Scerms77 I put [REDACTED] into the zalgo generator: https://lingojam.com/ZalgoText

Keep in mind, that's all text. (Specifically, that zalgo generation added an extra 540 or so extra characters just onto that one word.)

The boss at the end of the [REDACTED] Urgent Quest coming with Episode 6 is extremely tough.

I can't say what [REDACTED] is, because that's spoilers.

Ok,thanks for response...but since english is not my first language,i didnt understand what you just wrote...😆

@coldreactive

I got the tech customs! Nabarta is absolutely amazing, I just shared your tip with my techer friends and they wanted to thank you, too. This is a game changer for all of us.

Laughing at people who think skill matters in this game. It's a JRPG at it's heart. It's about stats and how high you can get them. Also the fact that there are multiple ways to heal yourself, automate exists on a few classes for the lazy and atlas weapons can have life leech. Everyone can carry Moon Ato's so dying means nothing since that's up to 12x5 rezes. Oh and the fact that the vast majority of content can be zerged. That's right instead of waiting for a rez, even during most UQ raid bosses, you can go back to the gateway ship and run right back into the fight. There is no skill involved when you can just throw yourself at the fight constantly because death has no true penalty. There are a few examples of you not being able to do this like the 4 player Deus Esca but the vast majority you can die as much as you want, no skill involved and still beat the boss provided you have the gear to do enough damage in the time limit. This is not a skill based game, not even close. There's a few challenges but levels, gear, stats and the right class can make it all significant eaiser before skill comes into play.

@Milk probably want to take a look at the techter section of the forum, like this thread pinned by the forum mods

https://forum.pso2.com/topic/1165/cathy-s-techter-guide

Tech crafting is the basics of any class that uses tech - and ideally all your techs that you frequently use should be customized

@HarmlessSyan

Good idea. I was using a melee based build that might have been outdated because it didn’t cover anything related to custom tech and covered very little for tech itself so I didn’t think my build would even use them. I understand now that I’m going to have a harder time unless I make changes.

@Sparhawk said in Our power is never going to be enough!:

Laughing at people who think skill matters in this game. It's a JRPG at it's heart. It's about stats and how high you can get them. Also the fact that there are multiple ways to heal yourself, automate exists on a few classes for the lazy and atlas weapons can have life leech. Everyone can carry Moon Ato's so dying means nothing since that's up to 12x5 rezes. Oh and the fact that the vast majority of content can be zerged. That's right instead of waiting for a rez, even during most UQ raid bosses, you can go back to the gateway ship and run right back into the fight. There is no skill involved when you can just throw yourself at the fight constantly because death has no true penalty. There are a few examples of you not being able to do this like the 4 player Deus Esca but the vast majority you can die as much as you want, no skill involved and still beat the boss provided you have the gear to do enough damage in the time limit. This is not a skill based game, not even close. There's a few challenges but levels, gear, stats and the right class can make it all significant eaiser before skill comes into play.

Why are you trying to use the most casual content to show the game isn't difficult?

@RainGnyu said in Our power is never going to be enough!:

How do you gitgud?

Bosses will just git gudder and do max damage if you miss time one dodge.

@RainGnyu said in Our power is never going to be enough!:

How do you gitgud?

You're not going to get a satisfying answer to this question just by asking it like this, because in order to get good you first need to understand what exactly you're bad at. Different people will understand different aspects of the game differently, they have different gaming backgrounds, differently developed reflexes, they pay different amounts of attention to different things.

If at this point you can't take some specific parts of the game (whether it's some boss fight, a class weapon, or even a particular repeated occurence that leads to your failure) and ask yourself "What am I doing wrong there", a good start would be to record yourself playing different kinds of content. You might be able to figure something out on your own, but it's better if you have other people look at it.

I've seen people do some really bizarre mistakes, like holding technique charges for 4-5 seconds, saying that they couldn't memorize the timing, even though at that point they could just react to very clear visual and sound cues. I myself for the longest time preferred staring at my character to hit JAs instead of memorizing the timings so that I can pay attention to mobs that are trying to kill me. Managing attention overall is a very important skill (in life in general, even); in modern world people have their attention directed on autopilot to whatever may provide an immediate dopamine fix. Modern games in their rush to provide satisfaction as quickly as possible end up encouraging tunnel vision, and quite a few complaints about combat I've seen on this forum (like animation locks or enemies not having health bars) are often a result of people not being used to thinking ahead of what's right before them in any given moment

@Valinda So like Phaleg?

@Sparhawk said in Our power is never going to be enough!:

This mentality is why I support the expert matching system. Having players go through solo quests that disables scapedolls and dark blast filters out this zombie zerg mentality. It's crazy to me that people are reporting fails on the black dragon on global with the current state of the game. JP took on this dragon at level 80 cap, without a lot of the class balancing and 3 deaths for the party = fail.

Expert matching as implemented on JP is an awful, horribly flawed system which should never be brought to NA. you want people to be able to set their own expectations copy FF14's party finder tool.