Old AC pack collection coming this week!!!!

Heres to not getting old scratch bonus rewards.

@Cult said in Old AC pack collection coming this week!!!!:

There could still be another pack. Due time!

If it's anything like JP - and on this showing, our future revivals will be exactly like JP - the next revival will be in another 3-6 months and mostly feature content from newer sets than the ones this revival includes.

So you can probably expect the next revival will contain the likes of one Winged Excellence [Ou] colour, Hylow Circle and 423: Umbrella Dance from Oracle Celebrations, one Combat Raider [Ba] colour and 357: “Rock on!" from Military Line, and little to nothing from the first scratch sets.

Realistically, if it was ever their intent to revive everything from the original sets, they wouldn't have run this revival the way we got it.

I submitted a feedback ticket making my complaints known. I encourage everyone else who's dissatisfied with the way this revival turned out to do the same. See this thread if you'd like to see how to go about doing that: https://forum.pso2.com/topic/6205/informational-want-your-feedback-heard-use-the-tools-we-have-to-your-advantage

@Miraglyth

Kinda torn on the situation. On one hand it sucks that if you missed out on something and you don't have the meseta to buy it at current price (if it's even up in shops) that you won't get it because of how revival scratches work.

On the other hand It makes sense to me on how it works. Popular items get "refreshed" for people who were poor or weren't around then. If a revival scratch was say 3 full scratches from the past that would severely bloat the ticket which would make trying to get something you want even more difficult to obtain.

And if they just re-sold one scratch at a time people would likely accuse them of just recycling content without giving new stuff. I don't think a perfect solution exists. I'm choosing to be thankful that I have a chance at getting somethings I missed out on rather than never having a chance at all.

Well, my enthusiam for this revival was killed pretty hard when it turned out none of the alt colors were put in. Seems kinda goofy to put in a set to reduce the prices of mega-expensive items and then only include the basic color, and not all the alts that may be just as expensive. I guess there's still one or two items I want in it.

Like I said before, the one week thing, will likely mean that the following week will have other outfits mentioned in the Halloween event, such as Froid Gallows F. Damn near all of their Scratches have been planned around the events, and episodes in game, with few collaborations. And even the collaborations seem to have been tied to the other content in some way. That said, if you don't have a Halloween bonus applied during most of the event, you are missing out. I'd say be patient, and see if what I'm saying is accurate. If it's not, you can cuss me out in private, and file whatever complaint you want.

Edit: The color variation also seems tied to black, orange, and red, and overall tied to the Halloween event, with a couple minor exceptions.

@Anarchy-Marine

If that were going to be the case then pc would've found that out already. Froid gallows F was included in the Halloween boost outfits for legacy players who might not have access to the other stuff. It's not proof that it will be in a revival ticket.

@Knight-Raime PC players aren't all knowing, so to say that they'd know is a heavy handed inaccuracy

Edit: I'm not either, but I'm going based off of patterns of AC scratches being related to content, and the fact both male and female Froid, Evile, and Duskwake etc. were all directly mentioned in the Halloween event. I'm not the type of person to believe in coincidence.

I was personally really happy with what I got. Maybe they intentionally left certain things out so previous buyers can keep some of its value? I’m not sure. I do think full outfits would have made more sense, maybe not every color variation even though I wanted it. There was a nice variety of stuff and a lot of ground to cover for the most coveted items in the past, many things that were over 500m at the cheapest a week ago. A lot of new players have hope again of getting something they didn’t think they would ever have.

I will say the 253: Pull Out Camera 2 is a lame bonus item. You literally whip out a selfie stick. I’m never using this. Can’t complain over something free but ugh.

@Milk said in Old AC pack collection coming this week!!!!:

I will say the 253: Pull Out Camera 2 is a lame bonus item. You literally whip out a selfie stick. I’m never using this. Can’t complain over something free but ugh.

This was originally a 15 scratch bonus for a scratch that was most likely inaccessible to PC players due to time of release and Microsoft store shennanigans. I personally would have loved this emote, but it's not worth spending 180$ USD in AC just to get it, nor is there any other way around it because it is not tradable.

@ShaofRiches

I really wish I could just give you mine.

@ShaofRiches said in Old AC pack collection coming this week!!!!:

@Milk said in Old AC pack collection coming this week!!!!:

This was originally a 15 scratch bonus for a scratch that was most likely inaccessible to PC players due to time of release and Microsoft store shennanigans. I personally would have loved this emote, but it's not worth spending 180$ USD in AC just to get it, nor is there any other way around it because it is not tradable.

But we did have to spend 180$ USD to get them all in the first place...

@Knight-Raime said in Old AC pack collection coming this week!!!!:

Kinda torn on the situation. On one hand it sucks that if you missed out on something and you don't have the meseta to buy it at current price (if it's even up in shops) that you won't get it because of how revival scratches work.

For what it's worth there's very little I wanted and didn't put in a ton of work to buy back in June (and boy howdy am I glad I did that now). What angers me about this incomplete reminder is everyone was shouting at PC players on Twitter back in February to April for the grievous crime of... being upset that they couldn't do AC scratches. Revivals will make it all right, they said, over and over. We just had to be patient!

This... does not make it right.

If a revival scratch was say 3 full scratches from the past that would severely bloat the ticket which would make trying to get something you want even more difficult to obtain.

I don't think a perfect solution exists.

Yeah. What they could and should have done is filled the gaps left behind after one-week enhancement scratches with an as-was revival of a pre-PC set. They'd only need to do the first four, and that would have covered them off at no cost. As far as I'm concerned they're welcome to carry on with this incomplete mismatching mixture with 90 scratches to get a formerly 15 scratch bonus emote nonsense after that.

And if they just re-sold one scratch at a time people would likely accuse them of just recycling content without giving new stuff.

And they'd be right. But there are two points to make about that. First, this mixed-up revival scratch is already just recycling content without any new stuff. Second, why would that be a problem? If they were here for the first run, lucky them! On top of other benefits it means they've been able to play longer. They should be happy that the historic exclusion of others is brought to an end.

@Anarchy-Marine said in Old AC pack collection coming this week!!!!:

Like I said before, the one week thing, will likely mean that the following week will have other outfits mentioned in the Halloween event, such as Froid Gallows F.

Pretty sure that's the only old AC scratch item that didn't make it into this revival, unless you define "old" as much more recent stuff like Rappy Suit: Knight from Designer Dreams. All other old items are from sources other than AC scratch, for instance the Tylor Replica M and F sets which came from SG Shop sales.

It's quite doubtful they're going to run a one-week "Part 2" next week with just Froid Gallows F, even if they could pad it with other things they left out like two of the eight other old CAST part sets, the 6 other emotes, the blindfolds, the boots, maybe a second assortment of layered wear and accessory colours, and no scratch bonuses because pretty much all of them were crammed into "Part 1". If they were going to split it into two parts like this we would have had fewer emotes and bonuses this week.

@Anarchy-Marine

They know everytime an update happens. That's why we knew about the revival before it was announced.

@Miraglyth

Would be an issue if it took place of a new ticket. But I've no idea if they re-run tickets or if revivals are it.