Old AC pack collection coming this week!!!!

It’s an odd mix for sure but I’m sure it’s still going to make a lot of people happy. Shooting Star alone was going for 500m, now the revive lets people actually have a chance at these hot ticket items.

I'm really happy that PC people will get a chance and the prices should come down on so many items (it really is crazy how much some go for).

I think my only complaint/concern, and this comes from someone who did play on Console even if I wasn't able to as much as I'd have liked, is all the items available through bonus rolls where you need to do 90 Pulls on this Scratch to get everything.

I know I missed some items due to Xbox Live issues and I may even want some of those, but there's little I want/need from the Scratch and that feels like way too many required pulls. In general, I've wished the bonus items could be traded-- I'm sick of how many items (especially ones that are just vanity based) are bound to the players. It's so unneeded.

Guess I'll be the one to bring up that the scratch bonuses from those old scratches are up to 90 draws. It's 90 draws (180 USD in AC) to get the camera 2 emote when it was previously a 15 scratch bonus.

alt text

As much as the scratch is a means to make old items potentially be available without paying excessive meseta, I feel like this is a massive price gouge for those that want items that are exclusive to a period where PC players had no access to the game. And yes, Career line was available for a week on PC launch, but it was also plagued with microsoft store issues that most players couldn't even play until an alternate means was available.

@ShaofRiches I actually mentioned it briefly right above your post 😛

But yeah, it's really expensive and there were a handful of issues at times at the start as well. And heck, even some stuff we got, we didn't get everything (As a personal note, I'm still waiting for the other colors of the Classic Series -_- ).

I've never particularly liked the bonus Scratch stuff beyond the "You can choose the item you want" thing, but having so many stuck in like this on top of not being able to trade/sell any (I have some of these-- I do not want them again) really sucks. It's just way too expensive and I highly doubt there's many people who want all of those bonuses.

@Miraglyth said in Old AC pack collection coming this week!!!!:

@Scerms77 said in Old AC pack collection coming this week!!!!:

Cant you just be happy that at least some of those items are available again? Jesus Christ!!!

Presuming you're addressing my negativity here: Not really. My hope was always for everything to have been available or affordable to PC players at least once. A mishmash partial revival makes it harder, not easier, for that end goal to ultimately happen.

I can agree that reviving stuff at all has upside, such as making it less profitable to hoard old items and less safe to hoard items that were in older AC scratches. But we would have still had that upside if the revivals were perfect re-runs of the old sets. In fact, it would have been better with perfect re-runs since hoarders couldn't have survived if the items they held happened to never be revived. So this silly mix still has no advantage over what would have been the better - and easier! - solution.

@Tarina said in Old AC pack collection coming this week!!!!:

Froid gallows F is missing...? That's extremely disappointing. Sucks to see the male version get revived while the female version doesn't. 😕

If anything is an accidental omission from the website listing, it'll be that. Froid Gallows F is on the Trick or Treat PSE outfit bonus list so it's definitely worth checking the prize list when this set appears in-game on Wednesday.

That doesn't mean it's returning. They hand-pick items to return for the revivals and it's usually the more popular stuff. Never heard of anyone I know wanting the Froid Gallows.

This is cool and all, but how about a return for previous Mission Pass stuff?

Are the Rare Drop Earrings the glowing rainbow version?

Riad Headgear is not present, I crai.

@IronTsunami23 said in Old AC pack collection coming this week!!!!:

But understanding why tickets aren't there; perhaps as a way to attempt to preserve some form of value for those who already have the items?

I will never understand this, especially in a digital-only product that has zero real world monetary impact (since they cannot be freely traded for real world currency). The removal of selection tickets is a very clear slight against the consumer, and arguably should not have been done, considering the precedent set by all prior NA Scratches; including the SG ones.

Even in cases where the items do have real world monetary value such as Magic: The Gathering's Reserved List (a list of cards that are never to be reprinted), it is damaging to the game and debatably pointless to do so, as it just creates artificial scarcity, disallowing the items to actually be used as intended.

In PSO2's case, there is little to no good reason for SEGA or Microsoft to give any care for sustaining hyper-inflated meseta prices. Whether the AC items are traded / sold or not doesn't matter, as long as real money is spent on generating them.

The latter reason is why they are choosing to have this Revival Scratch be a large hodge-podge of items available for only a single week. The intent is blatantly clear for anyone who has seen that time frame, and it's rather disheartening.

I wholly agree with @Miraglyth that these Revival Scratches should have been done in a more complete and paced manner, instead of jumbling items together for a very short-lived, consumer-unfriendly gacha.

The heavy reliance on F(ear) O(f) M(issing) O(ut) as practiced by PSO2 Global is extremely insulting to its players. Yes, NGS is coming soon(TM), but this consistent abuse is unnecessary, in my honest opinion.

However, I will praise the fact that the last few Scratches have been paced more generously and will not end back-to-back; as it consistently was prior. For that, I give my sincerest thanks to whomever made that so.

@Miraglyth If they need to know, I also have a cast F and a cast M. So yeah, bring more cast parts.

Ahh it’s like waiting for Christmas morning!

What are you guys most excited about?

I really want Valkia! I also plan to get a second Amalti hair/Darkness wings and two Shooting Star. Cherry Blossom Flurry is my absolute excitement, I NEVER thought I’d ever get a chance to have this since it was never tradable

This is probably it for me for the year though, winter is a time for giving, not playing scratch tickets. This is something just for me.

The free tickets to choose what I want would be nice and I don’t honestly care about the bonus items other than Cherry Blossom Flurry but that one item is worth it. So worth it!

If any one thing catches my interest, it's Wings of Darkness B.

I hope they bring back the Emote and Fashion Sets again.

@LiquidSencha said in Old AC pack collection coming this week!!!!:

@IronTsunami23 said in Old AC pack collection coming this week!!!!:

But understanding why tickets aren't there; perhaps as a way to attempt to preserve some form of value for those who already have the items?

I will never understand this, especially in a digital-only product that has zero real world monetary impact (since they cannot be freely traded for real world currency). The removal of selection tickets is a very clear slight against the consumer, and arguably should not have been done, considering the precedent set by all prior NA Scratches; including the SG ones.

Even in cases where the items do have real world monetary value such as Magic: The Gathering's Reserved List (a list of cards that are never to be reprinted), it is damaging to the game and debatably pointless to do so, as it just creates artificial scarcity, disallowing the items to actually be used as intended.

In PSO2's case, there is little to no good reason for SEGA or Microsoft to give any care for sustaining hyper-inflated meseta prices. Whether the AC items are traded / sold or not doesn't matter, as long as real money is spent on generating them.

The latter reason is why they are choosing to have this Revival Scratch be a large hodge-podge of items available for only a single week. The intent is blatantly clear for anyone who has seen that time frame, and it's rather disheartening.

I wholly agree with @Miraglyth that these Revival Scratches should have been done in a more complete and paced manner, instead of jumbling items together for a very short-lived, consumer-unfriendly gacha.

The heavy reliance on F(ear) O(f) M(issing) O(ut) as practiced by PSO2 Global is extremely insulting to its players. Yes, NGS is coming soon(TM), but this consistent abuse is unnecessary, in my honest opinion.

However, I will praise the fact that the last few Scratches have been paced more generously and will not end back-to-back; as it consistently was prior. For that, I give my sincerest thanks to whomever made that so.

FOMO drives sales, and it's a good way to stay unique in a game with so many character customization options. You want to look totally unique, like nobody else so that people can tell who you are even if they hide character names and FOMO helps with that.

It something that needs to be done for the steam community......only fair.