Old AC pack collection coming this week!!!!

Yes! finnaly i can buy that Skull Headband when it returns again for a good amount not the insane billions that they ask today

Glad its for one week only and no ticket after 30 scratches.

Gacha it up whales.

@Shiro22 Good point, mm... this is no good, i guess sega likes to revive the Fallen Heroes incident or the Mission pass one

Considering recent changes in the way these scratches are presented, the fact there's no fun scratch accompanying this, leaves me to believe this might not be the "only" scratch we're getting this week for ac. We'll see.

@Nerzarn said in Old AC pack collection coming this week!!!!:

Considering recent changes in the way these scratches are presented, the fact there's no fun scratch accompanying this, leaves me to believe this might not be the "only" scratch we're getting this week for ac. We'll see.

Maybe all the old themes will return for fun scratch. Gothic theme etc.

I'm just going to be blunt: I hate this.

A mixed revival has so many drawbacks compared to just re-running older AC scratch sets.

Most importantly, it means we some of the pre-PC AC scratch content will likely never come back now. Some notable examples:

• There were 10 CAST sets in the four AC scratches prior to PC release. This revival contains just 2 of them. What about the other 8?
  • Mikoto Ensemble and Miraseria from Urban Lifestyle, along with Void Recorder and Innocent One from Heroic Wanderer. These are key NPC outfits!
  • Alternative colours for the Big Tail accessory, depending on preference.
  • Half a dozen emotes, some of which notable and expensive (21: Pose 4, 41: Swing Light 3, 208: ARKS Pose, 228: Air Slash, 353: On Standby 4 and 515: Flight Pose)

But also, the mixture means we have some rather nasty revival methods for some items, particularly bonus ones. Rappy Head: Yellow needed 15 scratches before, now it needs 30. But it's the emotes that take the cake here; 256: Cheer 1 needed 20 pulls before, now it needs 80, meanwhile 253: Pull Out Camera 2 needed just 15 pulls before and now it needs an astonishing 90.

Imagine if we'd just got a simple repeat of Crimson Dawn (for the Trick or Treat outfit PSE bonus). Next month we could have had a simple repeat of Recruit Line, a month later a simple repeat of Urban Lifestyle and the month after that a simple repeat of Heroic Wanderer. No item would have been left out potentially forever, PC players would finally have the full coverage of the AC scratch history once promised by that deleted tweet, and nothing would have suffered going a 600% markup on scratches to unlock it as a bonus.

Why would that have been a problem, exactly? πŸ˜•

there's no fun scratch accompanying this

Nor was there going to be. FUN scratches always last either 1 or 2 weeks. The one we've got right now happens to be one that lasts 2 weeks, ending on the 28th.

@Miraglyth said in Old AC pack collection coming this week!!!!:

there's no fun scratch accompanying this

Nor was there going to be. FUN scratches always last either 1 or 2 weeks. The one we've got right now happens to be one that lasts 2 weeks, ending on the 28th.

Whopes! I totally forgot that's bi-weekly. Might be alright then. Please disregard that likelihood of a dual scratch. Though the new AC is a week long so i'd still keep tabs on it.

Cant you just be happy that at least some of those items are available again? Jesus Christ!!!

@Shiro22 said in Old AC pack collection coming this week!!!!:

Glad its for one week only and no ticket after 30 scratches.

Gacha it up whales.

That is the Sega I know and love.

Thankfully I already got all the stuff I wanted in there. Depending on market under-cutters I might buy a few things but definitely not spending any money.

I need float and Poll dance. Possible space jump.

Froid gallows F is missing...? That's extremely disappointing. Sucks to see the male version get revived while the female version doesn't. πŸ˜• At least there's a few accessories I'll be able to buy now, but... oof.

@Scerms77 said in Old AC pack collection coming this week!!!!:

Cant you just be happy that at least some of those items are available again? Jesus Christ!!!

Presuming you're addressing my negativity here: Not really. My hope was always for everything to have been available or affordable to PC players at least once. A mishmash partial revival makes it harder, not easier, for that end goal to ultimately happen.

I can agree that reviving stuff at all has upside, such as making it less profitable to hoard old items and less safe to hoard items that were in older AC scratches. But we would have still had that upside if the revivals were perfect re-runs of the old sets. In fact, it would have been better with perfect re-runs since hoarders couldn't have survived if the items they held happened to never be revived. So this silly mix still has no advantage over what would have been the better - and easier! - solution.

@Tarina said in Old AC pack collection coming this week!!!!:

Froid gallows F is missing...? That's extremely disappointing. Sucks to see the male version get revived while the female version doesn't. πŸ˜•

If anything is an accidental omission from the website listing, it'll be that. Froid Gallows F is on the Trick or Treat PSE outfit bonus list so it's definitely worth checking the prize list when this set appears in-game on Wednesday.

@Tarina said in Old AC pack collection coming this week!!!!:

Froid gallows F is missing...? That's extremely disappointing. Sucks to see the male version get revived while the female version doesn't. πŸ˜• At least there's a few accessories I'll be able to buy now, but... oof.

They tend to leave some stuff off yet still add it so I guess we shall see. It’s definitely killing off the hoarder markets.