FINALLY! I am (sorta) no longer ARKS Trash

pso20201018_184429_003.jpg

This dang boss gives me flashbacks to Soulsborne/Sekiro and the WoW Legion mage tower challenges

Mad props to the crazy people on global who can somehow S rank her with weaker weapons than mine

it's kinda stupid that we get no acceptable explaination for her powers. Is she trained in forbidden Chi techniques? immortal like the Earth Guide guy?

@ZeeHero9271 I think someone said something like if Adam is the bible Adam, then this makes Phaleg Ives...the bible Eve

Wouldn't be surprised if that was the case given she's supposedly lived as long as Adam

To me episode 4 was basically a side story with its own universe trying to connect the animation to the main game/episode oracle canon

Oh god... I fought her yesterday at Casual mode and like... I seriously didn't expect her to deal 100 dmg per hit nwn

I died 2 times, cuz of carelessness, I don't even wanna imagine how she is at Hardcore mode...

can't really say much about her story, since I haven't finished Episode 4 yet

@Jochira-the-Dark-Falz the fight you did is not the one in the image, this one doesn't have casual mode only hardcore mode and she is way stronger than the one you did in hardcore

@Jamesmor said in FINALLY! I am (sorta) no longer ARKS Trash:

@Jochira-the-Dark-Falz the fight you did is not the one in the image, this one doesn't have casual mode only hardcore mode and she is way stronger than the one you did in hardcore

oh, so it isn't the one with Huey, huh?

@Jochira-the-Dark-Falz nope this one is 1v1 against her and only appears after finishing episode 4

the Phaleg fight in the Duel mission is basically possible only with many, many attempts, and by living next door to the server so zero ping, and reacting perfectly to almost everything since healing is cut by 90%.

Also it throws all the rules of the game out the window, so... yeah not even fair design. Theres a difference between difficulty and bullshit, Phaleg easily crosses the bullshit line.

Dark Souls is hard, but fair, which makes it real. This.. is not fair lol. especially not to people who live more than a few hundred miles from the server.

@ZeeHero9271 said in FINALLY! I am (sorta) no longer ARKS Trash:

the Phaleg fight in the Duel mission is basically possible only with many, many attempts, and by living next door to the server so zero ping, and reacting perfectly to almost everything since healing is cut by 90%.

Also it throws all the rules of the game out the window, so... yeah not even fair design. Theres a difference between difficulty and bullshit, Phaleg easily crosses the bullshit line.

Dark Souls is hard, but fair, which makes it real. This.. is not fair lol. especially not to people who live more than a few hundred miles from the server.

most of the damage is counted from the players end than from the server so unless you are having something like 1000ms or higher you not gonna be affected by distance from the server even more when there are people who already had done this fight in the Japanese server that don't live in Japan.

@ZeeHero9271 Pretty sure whatever ping I'm sitting on at US East Coast was just fine. Sure, it took many attempts and some attempts made me go "wtf?!?!" when I got hit by something I was 99% sure I shouldn't have, but for the most part lag was not an issue

Hardest part though is the heal reduction. Getting hit hard by UQ bosses is recoverable with Resta and/or consumables, esp with Mate Lovers on a unit. But here? Mistakes can be deadly

@Jochira-the-Dark-Falz The fight you have with Huey (even on hardcore) is a cakewalk compared to this. She may use similar moves but she hits WAY harder and is WAY more aggressive, oh and no partner or whatever to grab aggro so you can recover.

On top of that, you have a HUGE heal reduction. Trimates that normally heal you to full only heal you for like...1/4 of your HP maybe?

This is a fight that is supposed to be a side story post-episode 4 but for some reason the global version got the buffed version of Phaleg that's scaled for episode 6 instead of the appropriate episode 4 meaning that eve right now we're at a serious disadvantage for this fight.

I seriously underestimated this fight when I saw JP players wipe the floor with her in like 2 minutes...only to realize that they were videos from like 3 years ago when she was still scaled for episode 4. The fact that people could S rank this before episode 5 on global amazes me

@Jamesmor said in FINALLY! I am (sorta) no longer ARKS Trash:

@Jochira-the-Dark-Falz nope this one is 1v1 against her and only appears after finishing episode 4

Oh, I only finished Episode 4 yesterday, so I might give that quest a try tomorrow...

@WutsKraken said in FINALLY! I am (sorta) no longer ARKS Trash:

@Jochira-the-Dark-Falz The fight you have with Huey (even on hardcore) is a cakewalk compared to this. She may use similar moves but she hits WAY harder and is WAY more aggressive, oh and no partner or whatever to grab aggro so you can recover.

On top of that, you have a HUGE heal reduction. Trimates that normally heal you to full only heal you for like...1/4 of your HP maybe?

This is a fight that is supposed to be a side story post-episode 4 but for some reason the global version got the buffed version of Phaleg that's scaled for episode 6 instead of the appropriate episode 4 meaning that eve right now we're at a serious disadvantage for this fight.

I seriously underestimated this fight when I saw JP players wipe the floor with her in like 2 minutes...only to realize that they were videos from like 3 years ago when she was still scaled for episode 4. The fact that people could S rank this before episode 5 on global amazes me

oof, i'm 90% certain I will fail, still have a lot to learn about the game mechanic, since I've only been focusing on Story since I started 🙂