A list of changes that I think PSO2 needs in order to be more inclusive and appropriate for more players.

@Moei As long as you accept it then it's fine. But when people start demanding that things are changed behind a veil of "inclusivity" it's a problem and they generally don't see the hypocrisy in their own ignorance of not "including" those who want to dress their own characters like that.

@Meow2835 I think it is fine to have suggestions that are related to inclusivity. Though, true inclusivity requires talking to people that are left out(maybe hiring), identifying what factors actually make them left out, and doing a survey of the population to remove variability of individual responses.

It is important to understand that inclusivity isn't something that is achieved from the viewpoint of a single person. Just as any "righteous" talking point can easily be construed for the oppression of a group of people.

Voices from the groups that needed to be included are of course very important. I just wouldn't want to talk for a cultural group, unless I was actually citing sources(their voices).

@Not-A-Bear said in A list of changes that I think PSO2 needs in order to be more inclusive and appropriate for more players.:

@GM-Deynger said in A list of changes that I think PSO2 needs in order to be more inclusive and appropriate for more players.:

@Irisundone said in A list of changes that I think PSO2 needs in order to be more inclusive and appropriate for more players.:

I really only agree with two points: Cutting down on the lewd/NSFW symbol arts and having hair/accessories/outfits/etc available for everyone since there are some male outfits that looks really cool that I want but can't use for my main (I have a male character that I don't use as much, though). All of this other stuff just reminds me of Tumblr circa 2012-ish and it makes me cringe a little.

I think there are more who have replied who also might feel this way. So even though it seems like many of you may not agree with OP's other points, it does seem that there are a few ideas that may be helpful. This is why we support the expression of all opinions, as they can bring up related issues. For those of you who fear that this could become fact, just know that we do take note of quantities of players who feel a certain way as well.

Deynger out.

If the quantities of players matter, then why do you guys keep censoring stuff? Because the actual people who play the game don't want any of this kind of crap.

Unfortunately I'm not aware of what criteria are used to evaluate localization.

Also, I just want to say that I appreciate the calm discussion going on in here, as well as people clarifying themselves if it seems others took what they said out of context.

@Moei I'm more or less with you in the whole skimpy outfit thing. And like you, I simply accepted it exists, and use the game's limited tools to hide it from my screen. Would love it if there was a toggle option that made everyone in my screen to look like a default character or something, but there is not, and that's why I don't remain in lobbies for long.

I mean, I'm not violating anybody's rights by exercising my right to do the virtual version of looking another way when someone with an extra skimpy outfit is pole dancing in a lobby. I'm not telling them to wear something different nor to stop doing what they are doing. Whatever floats their boats. Just don't include me in that stuff. So I'm just choosing to not look at them. Do note, I'm not a super prude either who doesn't like SOME skin if elegantly shown. I'm just not in league with the more blatant skimpiness that doesn't do much to show an effort in making at least an elegant looking ensemble.

As for pink cute stuff...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z0wEYtmmuFQ