Regarding Personal Shop

Is there something wrong with the personal shop? I'm trying to search for the "Sylphos Mask" and I'm not getting a result for it. Even for the Sylphos Mask and other items, I'm not getting hits for them. Any reason for this?

Edit: I'm positive they were in the shop because I saw them myself.

Are you clicking the right search button or the one at the bottom of the dialogue box? Because the search button right of the text entry at the top is meant to give you suggestions on what to search for. The suggestion list is based on a cache of items that have been looked at recently by players. The multiple search boxes right of that are for augments only (IE: ARKS Fever), not item names.

Unlike the Japanese release, PSO2NA/Global doesn't have partial search support, and you must enter the item name PERFECTLY (Dashes, asterisks, proper spacing, everything.)

@coldreactive It's weird. Here's the thing. I used to just type in part of the item name, hit search, and I would get multiple hits, but now, it was severely reduced. After reading your reply, I decided to search for the Sylphos Mask again, but instead of hit the search button next to it, I went to Search by Price and I found it. So now, when I search for it in the search bar, it's like it has been put in the queue. It was never like this before to me, or at least, I thought so. Your comment helped me figure it out.

@coldreactive I will repeat, the Japanese version has the same partial search issues that the Global version has as they both use the same item name cache system, it just seems that the Global version's cache is smaller/clears out more frequently.

@Rule-34-Salazzle Basically you have discovered the way that the item name cache works. Partial search works off of a local cache of items names, but it doesn't hold them all, so it purges them after while, and the only way to get the item name back in the cache is to see the item in game, whether from a direct search, a general browse, or from seeing it in a Scratch's Prize List.

You will need to discover the item first like when you discover a map location in a video game, and then it will allow you to automatically do the search, OR you have to type exactly what it was written and it should appear if there is any stock of em.

@coldreactive said in Regarding Personal Shop:

Unlike the Japanese release, PSO2NA/Global doesn't have partial search support, and you must enter the item name PERFECTLY (Dashes, asterisks, proper spacing, everything.)

This isn't true, global ignores spaces and symbols, if you want to search for an item called "Nocturnal Mists: Ruby [Ba]" you can type in nocturnalmistsrubyba and it'll show up in the search, both the partial name-completion search and the actual search that searches the shop. The exception is special letters, like é, which you still need to be able to type in since they aren't ignored.

@Akonyl said in Regarding Personal Shop:

@coldreactive said in Regarding Personal Shop:

This isn't true, global ignores spaces and symbols, if you want to search for an item called "Nocturnal Mists: Ruby [Ba]" you can type in nocturnalmistsrubyba and it'll show up in the search, both the partial name-completion search and the actual search that searches the shop. The exception is special letters, like é, which you still need to be able to type in since they aren't ignored.

You are correct here as I have ran into this before when searching for items on the shop.