We need more Twitch streamers of Pso2 NA!

Off the top of my head I know first clear statics on ffxiv have been a big deal but I don’t know many mmorpgs that get a lot of attention for streaming.

Best way to build the community is Streaming and great for recruiting.

Really surprised this game isn’t streamed more because of the character creation. Best way to ask and answer questions about builds, augments and classes.

@Valinda said in We need more Twitch streamers of Pso2 NA!:

@Miraglyth said in We need more Twitch streamers of Pso2 NA!:

@Valinda said in We need more Twitch streamers of Pso2 NA!:

People stream FFXIV all the time and it's the same age as PSO2.

Do we really think that sweet sweet 2.9K views is going to dramatically promote the game?

..I'm not sure what channel you're looking at, but the game is streamed all the time, and its all raiding content.

All of them. Combined.

12e26e5e-a306-4c53-95da-fa92680cf106-image.png

@RainGnyu said in We need more Twitch streamers of Pso2 NA!:

Really surprised this game isn’t streamed more because of the character creation. Best way to ask and answer questions about builds, augments and classes.

Well, then your only pulling from the native PSO2 audience, which is not how games get big on streaming. For instance: I’ve never played Dead by Daylight, but I have watched probably hundreds of hours of it. I recently purchased StarCraft 2, and that’s because watching it on streams made me excited to play the game. Never played an ounce of Fall Guys or Among Us, yet watch some of that on occasion.

PSO2 might make a moderately decent wind-down game for a streamer after a more intense game, or as background noise for an internet personality. Even then though it’s awkward alliance system and stuff doesn’t make it the perfect game for community building/establishment. It’s ok at it for sure, but it’s old, and lacking a full suite of features where personalities could park their audience.

It’s an old game, and it’s fundamentally designed for a casual 1-2 hour play session a few times a week or so. That’s fine.

Wannabe streamer who streams exclusively on Twitch and calls themselves a tuber here HI I stream whenever I feel like it!

Well there has to be at least 7 people who can make Pso2 entertaining to watch if you don’t want to play. We really need about 10 people to focus on this alone! Don’t have to be the best in game but fun to watch with nice vocals and such.

Really like to see a cool respectful guild show us life in a real alliance situation.

PSO2 NA and respectful guilds are polar opposites. I've only heard nothing but drama from any big guild in this game. It's literally no different from PSU.

@BFGesus-0 said in We need more Twitch streamers of Pso2 NA!:

PSO2 NA and respectful guilds are polar opposites. I've only heard nothing but drama from any big guild in this game. It's literally no different from PSU.

Every single online platform has "drama" mmo's are no exception, The difference is that this is a MMO not facebook i really could care less what "Drama" is going on, I'm here to make meseta and level not build a buisness and lasting relationships through social media.

@RainGnyu said in We need more Twitch streamers of Pso2 NA!:

I would like to see more Twitch streamers of the NA version/platform!

Go for it!

I tried the whole twitch thing, and It takes away form my enjoyment of playing. Has nothing to do with skill or personality (even charisma).

Just luck, (easier if your a female for obvious reasons) and being able to sell yourself, which comes easier for some people.

@YoRHa-No-2-Type-B said in We need more Twitch streamers of Pso2 NA!:

PSo2 is never a popular one for streaming, both on twitch and youtube platform, the views for streaming pso2 arent that great compare to other games. Thats why not many actually willing to dedicated themself to stream full time. Mayb once in awhile some youtuber willl stream.

I'm feeling this one. The PvP isn't that fun to watch and there is no cool raids that can be done at a specific time so you can schedule in advance. If the streamer wants to show off any of the UQs they would need a trigger and even then they aren't super thrilling to watch sadly.

I think another aspect is these people are generally doing content normal/casual players might never see like savage raids or mythic raids or whatever it is called now days. PSO2 doesn't have a whole lot of content like that.

@Miraglyth Definitely depends on time as well. For example WoW is at 41.1K right now on a Tuesday as it is maintenance day. FF14 might have higher numbers on say the weekend or something. Currently at 4.4K at the time of this post. PSO2 is at 281 and Ragnarok Online is at 423 somehow....

Streaming a grind game is pointless. No one wants to watch someone do the same thing over and over in an mmo. Especially one without a relevant pvp scene.

Even popular streamers lose a ton of viewers if they try to stream something like mhw too often. They'll be on they're way down if they do it full time with a mmo like pso2.

Maybe a single streamer could do it if they were charismatic enough to engage the viewers during admittedly boring missions.

One of my good friends streams full time but I can’t even get him to try this game, he doesn’t like MMO’s unless it’s FFXIV.

The UQ schedule would make for some erratic streaming from a guild. There isn’t a whole lot of exciting content when you’re just grinding, not from a viewer point of view.

@Milk said in We need more Twitch streamers of Pso2 NA!:

Maybe a single streamer could do it if they were charismatic enough to engage the viewers during admittedly boring missions.

One of my good friends streams full time but I can’t even get him to try this game, he doesn’t like MMO’s unless it’s FFXIV.

The UQ schedule would make for some erratic streaming from a guild. There isn’t a whole lot of exciting content when you’re just grinding, not from a viewer point of view.

The thing is it has a story line as well has game play. And I believe is safe for proper viewership.

What do you do after the story? There isn't content for people to stick around. Do people want to see you run dailies and recs? The same maps with little change and see you one shot everything? There isn't even enough big pulls in rare drops to keep people waiting for the "big money" I'm sure people would be all pogchamp the first couple times they see a rainbow popup, but when you don't play it up because 99.9% of the time it will be mats or garbage.

I know a lot of big streamers who will visit a game for a couple of days and leave. Unless its a big release. PSO2 is not a big release. If a middle of the run streamer or a big streamer would to be like "we're playing this game" I can assure you that their daily viewers and subs will go down. Unless you do it as a "i'm doing it for fun", I would never suggest this game as a streaming game. You don't have anything to talk about in game. You don't have crazy moments that will get your viewers excited.

Right now if I go to twitch and look up PSO2 there is 200 people watching. I know i'm not looking at evening times, but there is 200 people watching. Final fantasy 14 is sitting at 2k. Path of exile is sitting at 23k For both a game with story and a game with grinding for loot, these games blow pso2 out of the water.

P S O 2 W I L L A L W A Y S B E A N I C H E G A M E

But please, try to stream it.

There just isn't enough for people to be invested. Don't get me started on "but people stay for the streamer" You won't have personality on a boring game to watch.