We need more Twitch streamers of Pso2 NA!

I would like to see more Twitch streamers of the NA version/platform!

Then you have two options.

One, become a successful Twitch streamer and stream the game regularly in a way that encourages others to do so.

Two, watch and donate to the streams of players who are streaming the game, because if the existing streams aren't getting viewers or donations, why would they bother?

Personally I don't think PSO2 is a game that lends itself well to streaming. Much of the content is grind-based which makes it repetitive without the kind of variety you see in games like Fall Guys (random minigames) or Among Us (random player roles), and as a possession-based MMO players with an interest are better off playing rather than watching someone else play.

This isn't unique to PSO2 either; Final Fantasy XIV for instance has just ~2,900 viewers at this moment. MMO itself is towards the bottom of the popularity-driven filter list on Twitch.

Sure, the lack of streaming popularity does mean games like this get less passive advertisement, but that's one of the things New Genesis seems to be working to address so I'm not sure it's something we can or even should really do much about for now.

Never understood the streaming thing myself. Why would I want to watch someone else play a game when I could just play it myself?

If you really want to see people stream PSO2, consider submitting speedruns of content for PSO2, now that we have an official western release of this game. This will become more of a thing once we get the boss rush quests. (Not Time Attack.)

PSo2 is never a popular one for streaming, both on twitch and youtube platform, the views for streaming pso2 arent that great compare to other games. Thats why not many actually willing to dedicated themself to stream full time. Mayb once in awhile some youtuber willl stream.

Well, I try.

I don't think there's an audience willing to watch someone play an 8-year-old JRPG full of gacha mechanics, but prove me wrong.

@BFGesus-0 said in We need more Twitch streamers of Pso2 NA!:

I don't think there's an audience willing to watch someone play an 8-year-old JRPG full of gacha mechanics, but prove me wrong.

People stream FFXIV all the time and it's the same age as PSO2. (well the ARR version is). I think it's about fanbase and the PS community is just smaller by comparison..

@YoRHa-No-2-Type-B said in We need more Twitch streamers of Pso2 NA!:

PSo2 is never a popular one for streaming, both on twitch and youtube platform, the views for streaming pso2 arent that great compare to other games. Thats why not many actually willing to dedicated themself to stream full time. Mayb once in awhile some youtuber willl stream.

PSO2 is fairly popular among the JP streams, it's just the western side of the world aren't too aware of people streaming it nor have people dedicated enough to stream. Which lies the problem, the amount of people knowing about/are interests in PSO2 streams and the amount of streamers who want to stream it. There's no drive for either side on EN because time is needed to invest in to start off, since sometimes expectations are set too high. Sometimes those trying it out seem to try it and lose motivation because they're getting low counts of viewers then they end up quitting.

But people who are new to streaming also need to know that it takes time to gain traction, it's a matter of being consistent with your video content. So don't expect a lot of viewers in such a short time frame. 1~2 viewers as a start goes a long way if you keep at it.

I don’t know how you make it interesting though.

The content is too repetitive. What makes a good streaming game is high stakes, uncertainty on what’s going to happen next, and a simple to understand system that’s easy on the eyes. PSO2 has basically no stakes, and the bosses/content throws out the same stuff each engagement. If you’ve seen one run of a UQ you’ve seen every run. If a character dies then at worst you reset and go again. It’s kinda mindless, and hence the reason people tend to get bored unless content is out on such a fast pace.

So the question is then how do you retain an audience? The real answer is you don’t. There’s a reason the more successful content creators are on places like Youtube. The PSO2 content loop is: content released, rapid period of exploring content, grinding loop of specific rewarding content begins, wait for new update begins. That’s fine for update videos or guides, but for streaming no one wants to watch the grind period. There’s no tension there.

@BronzeAgeBrain said in We need more Twitch streamers of Pso2 NA!:

I don’t know how you make it interesting though.

The content is too repetitive. What makes a good streaming game is high stakes, uncertainty on what’s going to happen next, and a simple to understand system that’s easy on the eyes. PSO2 has basically no stakes, and the bosses/content throws out the same stuff each engagement. If you’ve seen one run of a UQ you’ve seen every run. If a character dies then at worst you reset and go again. It’s kinda mindless, and hence the reason people tend to get bored unless content is out on such a fast pace.

So the question is then how do you retain an audience? The real answer is you don’t. There’s a reason the more successful content creators are on places like Youtube. The PSO2 content loop is: content released, rapid period of exploring content, grinding loop of specific rewarding content begins, wait for new update begins. That’s fine for update videos or guides, but for streaming no one wants to watch the grind period. There’s no tension there.

Gotta agree here and even at best Endless quests are not even that fun to watch either despite being really fun to play for me since it tests my skills on killing bosses and completing different missions. Same goes for Divides they are all boring to view in a stream and guides are the best content that can be produced from them. (I tried streaming PSO2 before to only fall flat on my face in viewership)

@Valinda said in We need more Twitch streamers of Pso2 NA!:

People stream FFXIV all the time and it's the same age as PSO2.

Do we really think that sweet sweet 2.9K views is going to dramatically promote the game?

I think the thing with PSO2 as someone who's streamed a touch of it. Is the content isn't quite as interesting to watch as other MMO's. A lot of the more popular stuff tends to either be PvP/eSports or Raiding content, of which the first is definitely plausible PSO2 twitch content however PVP being as easy as it is to Stream Snipe due to the small playerbase isn't ideal but for PVE unless it's the solo barren blossom, or phaleg fight I can't imagine a lot of what would bring viewers. PSO2 isn't bad for chill and chat streams though if you've got a decent viewership as the game as a whole is pretty relaxing.

I think once we hit Episode 6 with Remnants of Other Worlds quest available, we might see more NA/English streamer. I can see this as fun thing to watch.

[PSO2 JP] Remnants of Other Worlds [Depth 999] - Hero (5m54s)

@Miraglyth said in We need more Twitch streamers of Pso2 NA!:

@Valinda said in We need more Twitch streamers of Pso2 NA!:

People stream FFXIV all the time and it's the same age as PSO2.

Do we really think that sweet sweet 2.9K views is going to dramatically promote the game?

..I'm not sure what channel you're looking at, but the game is streamed all the time, and its all raiding content.