Is Margaretta Aurora or not?

It's never clearly explained and only made more confusing by Luther saying she's not the same Apprentice as the one we knew before even though that the two Photon Falzes recruited before her have the same memories as the Dark Falzes that they're the counterparts of, as do Florent and Fleur.

Margaretta is not Aurora, Margaretta is the second Apprentice that was the one that ended up being devoured by Double/Gemini while Aurora is the original Apprentice that still exist because Matoi sealed her with Apprentice's power

so technically she is the same Apprentice he met but her personality is different

@Jamesmor None of that is correct. Euclyta is the second Apprentice who was created when the first Apprentice had her power weakened by Klariskrays II (who was technically a different person from modern day Matoi as she had amnesia and developed a new personality because Klariskrays II was always alone and thus had a somewhat asocial (if not borderline anti-social like her successor) personality as a result and Matoi wasn't always alone and is thus one of the nicest characters in the game, this distinction between them was hinted at when your character interacted with Klariskrays II in the past) and tried to use Euclyta as a new vessel, only to be eaten by Gemini and the transfer being incomplete is what made Euclyta into the second Apprentice.

Klariskrays II never "sealed" Apprentice's power because if that were true, simply using another vessel wouldn't fix that problem... Even if she did, that wouldn't magically create a second Apprentice.

Close-ish. The Apprentice hosts, in order, are Aurora (she states this in Episode 3 at some point, if I recall correctly), Margaretta (who is the dark skinned woman and the first instance you have with Apprentice), Euclyta, and at some point after that Aika and Rina were both hosts for a time. Aika is revealed to have been a host sometime in Episode 4 and I'm not sure about Rena, tbh.

So, in a round about way, no, Aurora and Margaretta are two different people to answer your question.

Aurora is the original Apprentice, while Margaretta is a subsequent host.

Margaretta-as-Apprentice shares some very distinct features with Gettemhult-as-Elder that contrast the other "Original" Falz (ie. Luther and Gemini), particularly that their skin darkened and their hair color drastically changed from their original forms. Euclyta, Aika, and Rena were only partial hosts (since KK II sealed half of Apprentice on Lilipa and Gemini consumed the portion that hadn't yet transferred to Euclyta), so that is likely why we didn't see those features in them.

Due to the fact that Omega is within the Akshakic Record (ie. the collective knowledge across time), it is entirely plausible that the version of Margaretta that we see is an earlier version of her (one that better fit the role she was playing), thus why her personality is slightly different from what Luther remembers.

@Mattwo7 you got it wrong, when Matoi sealed Apprentice power it wasn't Aurora the host of Apprentice it was the original Margaretta, in AP 228 Apprentice host was not Aurora anymore now why that happened I don't know or I even know if Sega ever explained why she changed body but Euclyta was the third host not the second.

@Irisundone Rina was a host but Aika was not, she was posessed for a short time but Matoi was there when it happened and interfered you can see how that happened in the Phantasy Star Online animation the one that is not the Oracle arc

@Mattwo7 here is another proof that Aurora was not the host of Apprentice that we saw, these are lines from episode 3

Aurora: What's with the cold shoulder? Fine, I'll just explain what my thinking is here.

Aurora: That giant mining rig is whittling down the power of the [Apprentice] to keep it sealed here, right?

Aurora: ...Not that I really know anything about that machine or this planet.

Aurora: This moment in time, this entire location... they're completely alien to me.

Aurora: Plus, I can't sense the existence of any Photoners here, or anywhere, on the entire world.

Aurora: They really were wiped out. They're just... gone.

as you can see she doesn't know anything of the time that episode 3 happens or even Lillipa

@Jamesmor said in Is Margaretta Aurora or not?:

@Irisundone Rina was a host but Aika was not, she was posessed for a short time but Matoi was there when it happened and interfered you can see how that happened in the Phantasy Star Online animation the one that is not the Oracle arc

Ah, yea, that'd make sense. I haven't gotten around to watching the anime yet, got a little mixed up there. Thanks! (❁´◡`❁)

@Irisundone said in Is Margaretta Aurora or not?:

Aika is revealed to have been a host sometime in Episode 4 and I'm not sure about Rena, tbh.

Both of them are from PSO2: The Animation though that happened to Aika off-screen at some point during a timeskip in the final episode and her hair color change wasn't fully explained until Episode 4 came out.

@AndrlCh said in Is Margaretta Aurora or not?:

Margaretta-as-Apprentice shares some very distinct features with Gettemhult-as-Elder that contrast the other "Original" Falz (ie. Luther and Gemini), particularly that their skin darkened and their hair color drastically changed from their original forms. Euclyta, Aika, and Rena were only partial hosts (since KK II sealed half of Apprentice on Lilipa and Gemini consumed the portion that hadn't yet transferred to Euclyta)

darkrina.jpg darkaika.jpg

Also if they were only partial hosts why did [spoilers] bother to summon them to cause havoc in Epyk when considering who he really is, he should have been aware of this? I mean Euclyta I sort of understand because Aurora can't really fight on her own anymore but the rest?

since KK II sealed half of Apprentice on Lilipa

Oh right I got a few wires crossed there trying to make sense of what Jamesmor meant.

it is entirely plausible that the version of Margaretta that we see is an earlier version of her (one that better fit the role she was playing), thus why her personality is slightly different from what Luther remembers.

Except that Margretta and Apprentice were two separate entities, Margretta is clearly younger than Apprentice, Apprentice even says she's an older version of her.

you got it wrong, when Matoi sealed Apprentice power it wasn't Aurora the host of Apprentice it was the original Margaretta

That's not what you said before:

Aurora is the original Apprentice that still exist because Matoi sealed her with Apprentice's power

Granted what you're saying now sounds more correct.

@Irisundone Rina was a host but Aika was not

That's not true, Rina's hair color didn't even stay changed but Aika's did.

1597655712320-capture.png

I'd say "permanently changed" like what happened to Euclyta (who unless I am mistaken uses the same exact cosmetics for episodes 3-6 after being purified) but they didn't make a separate asset for Aika's hair in the game to reflect the change which makes it a bit dubious at best.

Also again, she was summoned to Epyk as one of the former hosts of Apprentice.