What suggestion can we give the Sega team that makes the NA platform distinctively different than the JP platform? Something even JP veterans didn’t see coming.

@RainGnyu said in How can we make NA different from JP that JP veterans get upset?:

Aren’t we dismissive! Why is it important for you to label me? You do remember that they didn’t release the game over here until 6 years later? Is that not a slap in our American faces. Maybe they didn’t want our culture influences?

If you done a bit of research, you'd understand why PSO2 never had a western release until MS stepped in. Sitting here and beating that dead horse doesn't help your argument nor support it. On top of the fact that you feel compelled to baseless accusations/assumptions. Your entire argument only not expose your ignorance but also, arrogance.

@Maxwell said in How can we make NA different from JP that JP veterans get upset?:

@RainGnyu NA already has its own uniqueness when compared to JP. You have lazy flavor text ranging from weapons, cosmetics, and room items; to even little to no limited quests and bugged filled drops (Yamato still can't drop a 14 star because it wasn't added yet lmao).

You even have people on NA complaining a weapon had the name "slave" in it, or complaining about our servants calling us "Master", or the censor on height limit because people tried to make it a big deal; the list goes on, I even heard talks about censoring "UwU" lmao.

True! I must admit!

@SeriPSO2 said in How can we make NA different from JP that JP veterans get upset?:

@RainGnyu said in How can we make NA different from JP that JP veterans get upset?:

Aren’t we dismissive! Why is it important for you to label me? You do remember that they didn’t release the game over here until 6 years later? Is that not a slap in our American faces. Maybe they didn’t want our culture influences?

If you done a bit of research, you'd understand why PSO2 never had a western release until MS stepped in. Sitting here and beating that dead horse doesn't help your argument nor support it. On top of the fact that you feel compelled to baseless accusations/assumptions. Your entire argument only not expose your ignorance but also, arrogance.

Ok.......I thought it was creative indifference? Am I wrong?

@Kitsunefox412 said in How can we make NA different from JP that JP veterans get upset?:

Actually the only thing that pisses me off, is the lack of contents comparing to the jp version but i can live with that.

hope it was helpfull, and good luck!

Except the speed EN gets contents are much faster than JP, I honestly don't see the point why people complain about the amount of available contents in EN and try to compare it to JP when there's actually no waiting time at all. In addition, there's no filler event or empty gap before more contents are released.

EN is currently in first part of EP5, and will get second part down the line. The average player is given enough time to prep for when the second part comes.

There's more than enough content/activities on EN to keep you busy. And if you don't want to do them, that's on you.

Also I think some people are misunderstanding the leading statement and confusing the emotional intent?

Let me say it this way!

What suggestion can we give the Sega team that makes the NA platform distinctively different than the JP platform? Something even JP veterans didn’t see coming.

@SeriPSO2 said in How can we make NA different from JP that JP veterans get upset?:

The Polygon article How Sega took eight years to bring Phantasy Star Online 2 west has a pretty direct headline in regards to this matter. Obviously as part of the interview with the game's director that question came up:

We wanted to release PSO 2 in North America shortly after the release in Japan, but our reason for the delay of the U.S. version was the structure of the operation team necessary to operate an online game. We couldn’t risk releasing the game in a new territory without the right infrastructure in place, so it took some time to set up operations for North America. [...] Things like a way to communicate service updates, policies for in-game promotions, communication tools for maintenance notifications, having a team in place for monitoring both the servers and users, as well as a customer service team. These operational tools were not in place or were below the standards of what was offered for PSO 2 Japan.

So either that or unconvincing financial analysis would rule out it being the cultural influence idea you had before.

@RainGnyu said in What suggestion can we give the Sega team that makes the NA platform distinctively different than the JP platform? Something even JP veterans didn’t see coming.:

It would make no sense to work on improvements exclusively for Global; if it is an objective improvement - anything from UI to content - then why shouldn't they put that on JP as well?

And it would make no sense to have a totally distinct set of class and weapon balancing either, not least because that would be a nightmare to keep track of. We already have some diverging content provisions, like the Ivlida, Supernatural, Val and Jutus collection folders and exchanges to condense and simplify the progression to 15* in the reduced time we have. Apparently that's not enough of a difference for you.

As another example you've forgotten about this whole thread, only Global had the Mission Pass setup for several months before JP got it, and even now for JP it is an SG sink that only provides consumables rather than the catch-up of outfits and accessories we get.

So... what do you want here? It feels like what you are fundamentally asking for is making PSO2 not be PSO2. Nobody who actually wants to play PSO2 wants that.

And the elephant in the room that you keep ignoring is that Global was always intended to catch up to JP, at which point the idea is to maintain parity so JP players won't have any kind of knowledge headstart. This was the case long before New Genesis was announced, and clearly that is going to be new territory for every player regardless of region. So the ultimate solution for your issue here is just waiting patiently.

At least when NGS comes out it will be an even playing field for everyone, I’m really looking forward to that. We can learn new stuff together, from story to builds.

@Miraglyth said in What suggestion can we give the Sega team that makes the NA platform distinctively different than the JP platform? Something even JP veterans didn’t see coming.:

The Polygon article How Sega took eight years to bring Phantasy Star Online 2 west has a pretty direct headline in regards to this matter. Obviously as part of the interview with the game's director that question came up:

We wanted to release PSO 2 in North America shortly after the release in Japan, but our reason for the delay of the U.S. version was the structure of the operation team necessary to operate an online game. We couldn’t risk releasing the game in a new territory without the right infrastructure in place, so it took some time to set up operations for North America. [...] Things like a way to communicate service updates, policies for in-game promotions, communication tools for maintenance notifications, having a team in place for monitoring both the servers and users, as well as a customer service team. These operational tools were not in place or were below the standards of what was offered for PSO 2 Japan.

So either that or unconvincing financial analysis would rule out it being the cultural influence idea you had before.

@RainGnyu said in What suggestion can we give the Sega team that makes the NA platform distinctively different than the JP platform? Something even JP veterans didn’t see coming.:

It would make no sense to work on improvements exclusively for Global; if it is an objective improvement - anything from UI to content - then why shouldn't they put that on JP as well?

And it would make no sense to have a totally distinct set of class and weapon balancing either, not least because that would be a nightmare to keep track of. We already have some diverging content provisions, like the Ivlida, Supernatural, Val and Jutus collection folders and exchanges to condense and simplify the progression to 15* in the reduced time we have. Apparently that's not enough of a difference for you.

As another example you've forgotten about this whole thread, only Global had the Mission Pass setup for several months before JP got it, and even now for JP it is an SG sink that only provides consumables rather than the catch-up of outfits and accessories we get.

So... what do you want here? It feels like what you are fundamentally asking for is making PSO2 not be PSO2. Nobody who actually wants to play PSO2 wants that.

And the elephant in the room that you keep ignoring is that Global was always intended to catch up to JP, at which point the idea is to maintain parity so JP players won't have any kind of knowledge headstart. This was the case long before New Genesis was announced, and clearly that is going to be new territory for every player regardless of region. So the ultimate solution for your issue here is just waiting patiently.

You are right! Guess I just get ready with my gear and accessories over here.

Question? If you know the answer.

Is New Genesis exclusive to NA or is JP getting it before NA?

If your thread's intention were actually for creative indifference...Mind expanding on why there was a need to mention or antagonize JP vet, or the act of provoking them? I see no point in even mentioning them at all other than to insinuate drama and also ranting about information any player can get their hands on if they put in the effort to find it.

Because to me, from the initial post to the rest...It seem to me that you want to be the one having a headstart and you're angry at the fact that people who've play JP or know others who have played, get a headstart on you. But why do you and many others I've seen treat the game competitively when there's no competitive element at the core of the game. The issue I tend to see a few of EN players have are the fact that they feel it's unfair to them the person next to them have knowledge, but forget that the information is already out there and effort is just needed to find it. There's a multitude of resources out there to get you ready for what's to come.

People forget it's inevitable that there will be players with information about future contents and what to expect from any game especially for a game with a preexisting regional version and a newly released version playing catch-up.

Get out of the competitive mindset because it only hurts you and you alone because what other players does or do in the game doesn't affect you nor your experience. PSO2 isn't a race, it's whatever your pace is. There's no need to try and make EN's pso2 unique because there's no point to start with.

Question? If you know the answer.

Is New Genesis exclusive to NA or is JP getting it before NA?

Its global launch for the 3rd time.

A Thanksgiving / Harvest Event (if there isn't already one.)

To be honest, this would probably be the way a Kitsune would be advertised in the west. Since Cherry Blossom viewings / etc. aren't really a big thing in the west.

Having an autumnal forest scenery change pass would also be nice for this. Leaf piles as well.

@SeriPSO2 said in What suggestion can we give the Sega team that makes the NA platform distinctively different than the JP platform? Something even JP veterans didn’t see coming.:

@Kitsunefox412 said in How can we make NA different from JP that JP veterans get upset?:

Actually the only thing that pisses me off, is the lack of contents comparing to the jp version but i can live with that.

Except the speed EN gets contents are much faster than JP, I honestly don't see the point why people complain about the amount of available contents in EN and try to compare it to JP when there's actually no waiting time at all. In addition, there's no filler event or empty gap before more contents are released.

EN is currently in first part of EP5, and will get second part down the line. The average player is given enough time to prep for when the second part comes.

There's more than enough content/activities on EN to keep you busy. And if you don't want to do them, that's on you.

What part of "i can live with that" you didn't get?the "i can"? the "live with that"? I'm not complaining at all.

@SeriPSO2 said in What suggestion can we give the Sega team that makes the NA platform distinctively different than the JP platform? Something even JP veterans didn’t see coming.:

There are two variants of the content complaint I've seen, one is that a player burned through content, skipped the entire story, and did everything there was to do in less than a week, and is now complaining.

The second, which is the more common, is not that content isn't coming out fast enough, but that some content is censored, or outright missing, based on when said content was released in Japan, and also how it was released. If after episode six comes out, and at the very least the censorship isn't reverted, you will still see these complaints on a regular basis.

@Anarchy-Marine said in What suggestion can we give the Sega team that makes the NA platform distinctively different than the JP platform? Something even JP veterans didn’t see coming.:

There are two variants of the content complaint I've seen, one is that a player burned through content, skipped the entire story, and did everything there was to do in less than a week, and is now complaining.

The second, which is the more common, is not that content isn't coming out fast enough, but that some content is censored, or outright missing, based on when said content was released in Japan, and also how it was released. If after episode six comes out, and at the very least the censorship isn't reverted, you will still see these complaints on a regular basis.

I did everything and watched all the story available on NA at JP server years ago, there's no reason for me to watch it over again, however, i have no reason to complain about that since i made the decision to not watch it so i'm totally ok with the story part.

when i say lack of content, i mean the solo pd trigger, soul receptor/extreme receptor on units, i know the receptors were exclusive from es, and since NA won't have es it would be nice if the dev team gives us a method to get those. not to mention the voice tickets but i understand there's a reason they haven't bring it up.

the rest i'm totally ok for now.

would you take this as a complain? because seems like you guys takes everything as a complain and i'm not even allowed to say what i want.

@Kitsunefox412 Doesn't seem like a complaint to be fair. It seems like a reasonable request.