What suggestion can we give the Sega team that makes the NA platform distinctively different than the JP platform? Something even JP veterans didn’t see coming.

@RainGnyu well this is kind of lame from the veterans, a lot of things were changed as a veteran they must know how to adapt and help others to be prepared for whats to come, if as veterans they are not doing that, well they absolutely failed at the game.

@RainGnyu said in How can we make NA different from JP that JP veterans get upset?:

How can we make NA so different that JP veterans get upset about it?

Suggestion please!

Can I suggest you, I don't know, not do that? What's the benefit of just randomly upsetting a group of people, exactly?

@RainGnyu said in How can we make NA different from JP that JP veterans get upset?:

Can we have cross over content that originated in the USA?

We did.

I get annoyed when the JP veterans spoil Story content and get the jump on in game items, because they know what to look for and prepare.

I can't say I've really encountered the story spoiling thing, and I'm one of them folk that realised the opening jingle from the Episode 5 cinematic is the start of the intro to the original Phantasy Star from 1987. If people you're in regular contact with are the type to be spoiling you - especially if you've asked not to be - you might want to re-evaluate that regular contact.

The advantage in knowing upcoming content and having an advance idea on which ones will become valuable to play the market better does detriment other players, sure. For the most part I would suggest that's not a JP player thing but an aggressively proactive player thing, and the two characteristics probably have a bit of overlap. Some of the items that become valuable are also pretty easy to predict anyway; I've had a couple big marketeering successes in the last few months and everything new we get is 100% new to me so it's definitely not required to have played JP before.

Guess what I am looking for is that everybody is in the same boat type of environment/atmosphere with the forums conversation leading to conjecture.

The adventure of the unknown as a community. Not the path already experienced.

Since NGS is global launch I'm guessing everyone will be on the same page then/maybe before. I can't imagine them making NA that much different since it is just a clone of JP with some differences and content that is not "unlocked" yet. I think the limits of unique content will be exclusive cosmetics/colabs and maybe NPC's and lobby's. I don't see them making exclusive quests unless its is a modified version of a seasonal for some US Holiday like 4th of July.

Also just FYI knowing ahead isn't exactly a NA issue as JP has livestreams that show off new content ahead of time. Along with people looking through the game files and spoiling stuff months before release.

Overall i'd say spoiling isn't exclusively a NA issue it's just there's more people that are able to spoil it by just looking up story/info online from the JP servers.

I don’t want the same environment in NA as they do over on JP! How can we make NA so different that JP veterans get upset about it?

Suggestion please!

Make Slave weapons be called Raven.

Don't release Cast parts every AC scratch.

Limit character size.

And the worst of all: Have NA players being NA players AKA ruin content through lack of skill and dedication.

The correct response to someone claiming everything is easy, especially when many people struggle with said thing, is doubt, pointing fingers, and laughing.

Difficulty is, to a degree subjective, but some things cannot be said to be hard, while others cannot be said to be easy.

People regularly claim hard things are easy just to ego trip, if someone does this, just ignore them as they are not someone you'd want to deal with in real life or online.

Considering the strive for parity between regions as the overarching goal heading toward New Genesis. . .

. . .How about we just enjoy the game and not worry about who has what that the other doesn't have? The game is plenty fun in its own right, whether you know what's different/exclusive or not.

@ZeeHero9271 Im not laughing at all, in fact i help most of the people that come to me with questions, or people lost in the lobby that isnt even on my alliance, is my job as veteran to share my knowledge of the game, and it should be like that for all the ones that came from jp, the content is easy, we dont have lvl locks, we were given early end game weapons/units for every episode, leveling is far easier and if people have problem struggling have people for every type of language that know how to do things and can help them to know what and when to do something, so yeah, NA is easy mode. Except for affixing, affixing is and always ll be a nightmare.

@Rolph-Rhega Oh I didn't mean laugh at people who have trouble, I was referring to the sort of egotistical children you see in a lot of other more "Serious" MMOs with raiding scenes, the ones who spend a week progging one boss then claim its "Brain dead easy" to anyone who hasn't beaten it yet.

You know the type, low IQ, low maturity, low decency.

I was referring to dishonest veteran players who claim everything is too easy.

@ZeeHero9271 Think you have a misconception that people in this thread is saying the game is easy - what people are saying is that if you consider the original JP version the "normal" mode - the global version is the "easy" mode. Whether it is EP5 and 6 combat balancing (it's all buffs) early on or having character levels+equipment much more powerful for the content that was originally intended for. Not to mention global been pretty generous doing gear hand outs through campaigns and badges.

@HarmlessSyan said in How can we make NA different from JP that JP veterans get upset?:

@ZeeHero9271 Think you have a misconception that people in this thread is saying the game is easy - what people are saying is that if you consider the original JP version the "normal" mode - the global version is the "easy" mode. Whether it is EP5 and 6 combat balancing (it's all buffs) early on or having character levels+equipment much more powerful for the content that was originally intended for. Not to mention global been pretty generous doing gear hand outs through campaigns and badges.

I used to play on JP server, and tbh I find it more difficult on NA due to lacking stuff JP has had already. Theres not really so much difference.

@ZeeHero9271 Other than crafting that was delayed for 2 episodes for some reason (?), what is global lacking compared to JP at content release. Even the Ability Transfer Pass that was just introduced this March on JP already made it to global well before its time.

@ZeeHero9271 We dont have troubles about the lvl lock, that i think it was the most annoying part of the game, i remember the old times when you had to enhance a 13* weapon to +35 to unlock lvl 75-80 and the only 13* weapon that you could get that time was the ivlida from the collection folder or the ray with the weapon badges 2016 (i think i dont remember well)... and collection folder/weapon bagdes means lvl 30 enhancement lock. I had some hard times on JP.

@Rolph-Rhega I would hardly call extra tedium "Difficulty"

Tedium and Difficulty are in no way related.

Tedium is making something more grindy or boring to achieve, difficulty is making a fight mechanically tougher or require better timing, ideally both.

@ZeeHero9271 But, even if it was annoying i liked that, you had some barriers to go trough to achieve what you wanted, even if that was just leveling. The lvl locks mostly were there for you to be prepared and learn what you have to do and how to do it. Now people have us that had to go trough that to teach them the ways of the game, and i kind of like having people that want to learn and i have seen a lot of players grow enough to defeat phaleg with an S score that never played JP. For me, im happy that i had the chance to create my alliance and know all that people and help them to grow... and now they help me when i want to be lazy xD