Possibly unpopular opinion on Affixing.

For me this is possibly one of the best crsfting systems I've ever engaged with. I feel like I can make meaningful choices. As the best affixes on the most slotted units are gated behind preposterous amounts of luck and resources. (Probably because jps long intervals between updates i know). Who knows msybe everyone likes it lol.

Making meaningful choices and RNG have literally zero to do with each other.

Remove ALL of the luck from the system, and make it grind based only, that would be miles better than how it is now, even if we'd need to grind longer.

RNG is NEVER a good thing for endgame progression.

Removing the RNG will just end up with everyone having the same stuff. Some people prefer that but others likes to be able to show their min-maxing. Can see this is other games like FFXIV, you have a BiS set for each job - and all the top players will have the exact item with exact same materia melds.

I prefer the PSO2 system where most people will have different gear and affixes. Some people will go for high HP/PP while others focus on offensive stats depending on playstyle - and affixing things with RNG chances involved further separate those that are willing to take risks to be better vs those that just want casual safe stuff.

Removing RNG will do nothing of the sort of the system is balanced at all. Meaningful choices are based on actual choices, and nothing to do with RNG which is not choice in any way shape or form.

There is no real argument for RNG being a part of this system, aside from a selfish one.

I'd prefer a simply grindy upgrade system like in Warframe. I like progression where I can see myself getting the things I need/want. Not hoping to get it or the game tries to punish me.

I'm fine with the RNG system cause PSO2 is a grindy farmy game at it's core. The game need a resource sink to make people run content. Imagine if we have everyone with same gear and BiS Affixes after a few months of JUST grinding whatever mission that give out units. Once everyone have their shiny new item then they have nothing to play for. Players market will be overrun with fodder items that noone will buy because NO RNG to be a fodder sink hole.

People currently need to run UQ / Exploration maps , etc to farm for their fodders because there is RNG involve.

The rng in the system has basically already been removed, between S augs, transfer passes, and aug protection, you can make an ult 8 slot weapon, and soon units too with zero rng

Albedo gets it

and tbh - PSO2 affix has already been getting easier over the years to accommodate people that dislike the RNG. Starting with 13 star and greater SAF giving you 100% transfer rate, then S-class abilities which are also 100% transfer rate even upslotting and able to switch in and out without having to re-affix the item. The Ability Transfer Pass was only implement March this year on JP (8 years without on JP!) further reduced the risk blowing up affix on your items and is easily abuse-able with affix aid items.

Give a bone to the players on the other side that prefer the risk factor and able to have affixes unique to them.

But honestly none of these are getting carried over to NGS, and NGS being marketed towards a global audience rather than just the Asian countries which many of these RNG gear progression games are common, I feel they may drop the system.

I understand that the Rng for God tier units is pretty high as us 8 slotting items but that us to me that's part of what adds the choice. The other choice you have us to do a safe affix or let it all ride on dudus skillz. I honestly understand the hate for it I personally hate mash craft button and harvest button until lvl is maximum ooga booga

I'm okay with the RNG of trying to get a Unit with that perfect affix to transfer over - I'm not okay with the fact that unless you're using an Augment Pass, your Affix can not only fail, but your unit can also lose a slot as well, that's just salt in the wound.

I'd rather it work either like Diablo 3's system, where you can reroll a single, locked in augment on a unit to try to get something better at an increasing cost of Meseta, but have the option to retain your existing augment, or keep the current system of affixing augments to units, but have a failure only result in the loss of resources in the attempt, rather than the fodder unit, the augment, and the potential slot as well.

@Blade-Syphon said in Possibly unpopular opinion on Affixing.:

I'm okay with the RNG of trying to get a Unit with that perfect affix to transfer over - I'm not okay with the fact that unless you're using an Augment Pass, your Affix can not only fail, but your unit can also lose a slot as well, that's just salt in the wound.

I'd rather it work either like Diablo 3's system, where you can reroll a single, locked in augment on a unit to try to get something better at an increasing cost of Meseta, but have the option to retain your existing augment, or keep the current system of affixing augments to units, but have a failure only result in the loss of resources in the attempt, rather than the fodder unit, the augment, and the potential slot as well.

That’s what aug protection is for, it’s not exactly cheap so it’s only really worth using on stuff like Vet Resolve, Astral etc. if anything fails you get everything back

The problem with RNG is that it's a terrible way to make a game more grindy, lucky people will skip most of the grind with RNG.

If you wanted to make it grindy, RNG is the worst way to do it.

I am sorry but how do you skip the grind with RNG? If you are talking about getting lucky and score14-15* loot from RNGesus then you still need to affix it because it doesn't come with min max affixes. With affixing its only rng if you go above 6s if you are upslotting correctly. 5s and under you can get 100% with a 40% augment. In my opinion it only gets RNG if you really want to get endgame fixes and max slots. Since it's endgame it shouldn't be easy to get in the first place.