Sup guys, Noob question about bouncer...

I am interested in making a bouncer alt to play with my tech mag. I have 3 characters and each character has a different kind of mag, tech, melee and ranged. right now I have my force/tech as main class on my tech mag character, but I saw that Bouncers also use tech mags then I am willing to switch to this class. But I saw something in personal shop that made me really confused. All weapons that are affixed on the market are affixed with Melee power. 150+ melee power, 170+ melee power. I realized that the bouncer weapon has high stats for either melee or tech power, so my question is... Should I play bouncer with my tech mag or melee mag?

I recently got a dropped weapon from enchanted forest, halloween event, and I enchanted it to +35 and it has 1937 base tech power and around 1800 base melee power. I want to use this weapon for my bouncer if I start playing it, how should I affix it then, melee or tech and why?

Before anything, I want to let you guys know that I am pretty new to the game and it is a lot of information for me to keep up with, so that is why I am here making some noob questions ^^

You want to use DEX on Bouncer.

@OlsenSan As @coldreactive said, typically, you want a DEX Mag on a Bouncer due to Bouncer's Skill that converts the DEX on a Mag at a 1-to-1 rate into both TEC-Pwr and MEL-Pwr (so a 200 DEX Mag is the same as having a 200 TEC Mag and 200 MEL Mag equipped at the same time).

That said, you can still play with either a MEL or TEC Mag depending on what weapons you are going to use.

If you plan to only use Jet Boots (with Soaring Blades as a seldom used back-up), you can use a TEC Mag with no issue since Jet Boots by default use TEC-Pwr to deal Melee Damage; you can also do a Jet Boots only build with your MEL Mag, but you would also want to take the Bouncer Skill Switch Strike since it will make your Jet Boots use MEL-Pwr instead of TEC-Pwr.

If you plan to use Soaring Blades either by themselves or alongside Jet Boots, then you can use your MEL-Mag.

You also have to consider the subclass you will be using as Bouncer meshes best with Hunter and Fighter due to their high Melee Damage multipliers, with Hunter serving more as a bulky build that serves using both Soaring Blades and Jet Boots, and Fighter being a higher damage potential build that is squishier than Hunter and best for a Jet Boots only build since it does have multipliers for Techs and its Chaser Skills mesh well with Jet Boots.

@AndrlCh said in Sup guys, Noob question about bouncer...:

@OlsenSan As @coldreactive said, typically, you want a DEX Mag on a Bouncer due to Bouncer's Skill that converts the DEX on a Mag at a 1-to-1 rate into both TEC-Pwr and MEL-Pwr (so a 200 DEX Mag is the same as having a 200 TEC Mag and 200 MEL Mag equipped at the same time).

That said, you can still play with either a MEL or TEC Mag depending on what weapons you are going to use.

If you plan to only use Jet Boots (with Soaring Blades as a seldom used back-up), you can use a TEC Mag with no issue since Jet Boots by default use TEC-Pwr to deal Melee Damage; you can also do a Jet Boots only build with your MEL Mag, but you would also want to take the Bouncer Skill Switch Strike since it will make your Jet Boots use MEL-Pwr instead of TEC-Pwr.

If you plan to use Soaring Blades either by themselves or alongside Jet Boots, then you can use your MEL-Mag.

You also have to consider the subclass you will be using as Bouncer meshes best with Hunter and Fighter due to their high Melee Damage multipliers, with Hunter serving more as a bulky build that serves using both Soaring Blades and Jet Boots, and Fighter being a higher damage potential build that is squishier than Hunter and best for a Jet Boots only build since it does have multipliers for Techs and its Chaser Skills mesh well with Jet Boots.

Thanks a lot for answering, this deffo cleared my doubts in such well written explanation 🙂 I plan to use jet boosts since it is what I have as weapon and also some nice weapon camos waiting to be used. Thanks a lot!

You'll also want Soaring Blades, not just Jet Boots. Otherwise how are you gonna defeat Anga? Therefore you definitely 100% want a DEX MAG.

@Kurumi-Tokisaki Again, you can do Jet Boots (with Switch Strike) and Soaring Blades with a MEL Mag with no issue.