Castrum Demonicas Arx Demonicas.. really?

I can get behind calling the castle enemies "Castrum Demonicas" cuz latin can be cool. however calling the demon barrier an "Arx Demonicas" as well sounds awful going together with the Castrum. Please change the demon barrier's name to something like "Demon Wall"

See the underlined red bits on the right side:

alt text

Keep in mind, some of the localization / translation team didn't have contextual clues when they made these.

I'm aware of what it means. I'm saying it doesn't sound good. Really hardly rolls off the tounge. you gotta question if the localization is done by english speakers at all, or just google translate.

@ZeeHero9271 said in Castrum Demonicas Arx Demonicas.. really?:

I'm aware of what it means. I'm saying it doesn't sound good. Really hardly rolls off the tounge. you gotta question if the localization is done by english speakers at all, or just google translate.

Google Translation also won't pick up on contextual clues either unless provided with them. So it wouldn't matter if it's a human or machine doing it if no context is given. This actually happened with some localizations and translations of Gen 1 and 2 of Pokemon.

I didnt say google translate would be any better, I was saying the localization isn't any better than google translate.

Google Translate isn't accurate at all for Japanese, you have to use DeepL. The translation team has been far better than Google Translate can ever hope to be, while being worse than DeepL in some cases.

Still not much better than a computer algorithm. Why would SEGA not even bother hiring real english speaking people to do this?

@ZeeHero9271 said in Castrum Demonicas Arx Demonicas.. really?:

Why would SEGA not even bother hiring real english speaking people to do this?

What are you even talking about? The translators credited speak English... I doubt someone who didn't would be able to come up with "Raven" to replace "Slave" because that kind of poeticism would likely be lost on someone who did not.

Not to mention most of them have English websites and Twitter accounts so...

I understand if you hate the localization but you're clearly just making stuff up at this point.