Trigger Quest should have a lobby

Activating the trigger quest item only to join the quest where your the only player. And leaving the lobby isnt a option as the the trigger has been used and therefore it would be wasted.

how about A Join feature that lets trigger users know how many are joining for the trigger quest.

Or you know, you could form parties in the lobby area BEFORE using it? That's what people usually do...

@Mattwo7 said in Trigger Quest should have a lobby:

Or you know, you could form parties in the lobby area BEFORE using it? That's what people usually do...

People are so used to MMOs that have a matchmaking / queue system now. TERA and WoW actually didn't have such systems at first, and they added them later. The Elder Scrolls Online actually has a really bad matchmaking system, as it... instead of sending you into the dungeon when it finds people, it forms the party first and has the party leader queue you up for the dungeon manually after.

Final Fantasy XIV will likely continue to have the best match-making system of all MMORPGs.

@Mattwo7 Thats like telling a player in FFxiv To Use Public Chat To Do Raids. When A Party Match Making feature should be made. We Have This Feature For Battle Arena.

@Golden_Syrup said in Trigger Quest should have a lobby:

Thats like telling a player in FFxiv To Use Public Chat To Do Raids

Not even close. FFXIV doesn't have a convenient lobby area with 50+ people in it at any given time... I mean there's always the Quicksand on Balmung though lol.

Honestly I've seen people recruiting for triggers in by the quest counters every now and then. Get used to it, that's how they are meant to work.

You could always try finding an actually active alliance that has room for you too, good luck with that though lol.

@Mattwo7 Their using Public Chat To Recruit For Quests.

Their using Public Chat To Recruit For Quests.

I meant when there's no Urgent Quest active. People only ever recruit for urgent quests, either active ones or trigger ones.

or I don't know you can create a group chat for those triggers like what most people do, I seriously don't like match making.

@Mattwo7 match Making is more convenient as the game system will automatically recruit players. Than Manually doing so via public chat.

@Golden_Syrup I don't think you understand how matchmaking works. Trigger quests can be activated at any given time so even if they did implement matchmaking, there'd be no guarantee other people would be doing them or if there'd be enough people in general or if there'd be enough people to divide into to make multiple MPAs with.

It's comparable to what will happen Buster Quests once Episode 6 comes out, Divide Quests when NGS comes out or Challenge Quests right now when there's no web panel reward boost or in PSO2Global's case, campaign event.

@Mattwo7 These are some serious mental gymnastics you're resorting to to justify not including such an obvious QoL feature.

First of all, Trigger Quests as a category will always be relevant, because new ones get added almost every new Urgent, and, as such, will always have relevant rewards, even if individual quests get outdated.

Second of all, the fact that you can't even browse Trigger Quest parties in other blocks than the one you're in is a massive hindrance to forming groups. You've acknowledged yourself that Trigger Quests can be activated at any given time, so why wouldn't you want more people to see them when they are active to increase the chances of the group filling up?

And the third point, the one that OP highlighted very clearly, a Trigger Quest that wasn't started is a trigger wasted. Triggers are scarce, so it's only natural that you'd want to keep the trigger if you don't actually end up using it for its one and only, very intended purpose - actually running the quest. If, as you've said, "there'd be no guarantee other people would be doing them or if there'd be enough people in general", why not have this extra security?

This suggestion is nothing but positive, and implementing it wouldn't be that hard: consume trigger only when the quest has actually started, and add a "Browse all Trigger Quest parties" menu at a quest counter

@uB You seem to be at the start of the discussion right now, the topic being debated currently is matchmaking which is a completely different concept:

@coldreactive said in Trigger Quest should have a lobby:

People are so used to MMOs that have a matchmaking / queue system now. TERA and WoW actually didn't have such systems at first, and they added them later. The Elder Scrolls Online actually has a really bad matchmaking system, as it... instead of sending you into the dungeon when it finds people, it forms the party first and has the party leader queue you up for the dungeon manually after. Final Fantasy XIV will likely continue to have the best match-making system of all MMORPGs.

@Mattwo7 Thats like telling a player in FFxiv To Use Public Chat To Do Raids. When A Party Match Making feature should be made. We Have This Feature For Battle Arena.

@Jamesmor said in Trigger Quest should have a lobby:

or I don't know you can create a group chat for those triggers like what most people do, I seriously don't like match making.

@Mattwo7 match Making is more convenient as the game system will automatically recruit players. Than Manually doing so via public chat.

In fact it's entirely possible that this is what Golden Syrup meant the whole time considering as I already established, they have no clue how matchmaking actually works.

@Mattwo7 said in Trigger Quest should have a lobby:

@uB You seem to be at the start of the discussion right now, the topic being debated currently is matchmaking which is a completely different concept:

In fact it's entirely possible that this is what Golden Syrup meant the whole time considering as I already established, they have no clue how matchmaking actually works.

I've played a bunch MMORPGs without proper match-making systems (I'm looking at you Ragnarok Online (and 2), Lime Odyssey (Never released), Angels Online, Guild Wars 2, old TERA and more), I just brought it up because people are definitely used to it nowadays. I really don't mind if we keep triggers the way they are, as they're special and give special drop-rates.

@Mattwo7 First of all, you've never actually stated that you even agree with an idea of automatic group forming (as opposed to "matchmaking"), so telling me that I'm behind the conversation on this is disingenuous. The OP does not in any way mention anything more complex than just grouping people together, and you went on to disagree with it on that premise right from the start and have never given any ground on it - because of this my concern is still valid.

Second of all, fundamentally, "matchmaking" is just that - automatically grouping people together with a queue-like system. Skill-based matchmaking you see in PvP games or role-based matchmaking you see in your average MMO are simply modifications of that basic principle. PSO2 doesn't need those particular modifications, but a simple queue system would still be beneficial even for regular quests (let alone Trigger Quests), as with current system there are too many cases where multiple non-filled instances would exist across different blocks (or, sometimes, even in the same block), and people would either wait excessive amounts of time or give up on the quest entirely, because the alternative would be to check the quest counter constantly and rally multiple parties to move blocks, taking even more risks to end up without a group in the chaos of people constantly leaving and joining across all the blocks

as someone that doesn't participate in alliance or has a group to play with, a dedicated lobby or join-system for quest triggers would be ideal. maybe a quest tab for it that is more visible?