Instead of telling people not to use allies in Ultimate Quests/Bewitched Woods...

Can you not be disgusting af lmfao? Once again pot calling the kettle black. As if I needed to know you were taking a dump. Do you get off on other people being aware of it? Anyways, as for disparaging mentally disabled people, That word isn’t even used in regard to them anymore and it hasn’t been in well over 30 years. There are words that are derogatory and words that are informal but you’re not my grandma nor are you mentally disabled and this is not a formal setting buddy. As for facts I was only listing what people had said they do here on this post so you can ask them yourself if they’re facts. Next, you’re dismissed

@baboonized Based on that logic, since Mormons made it possible for us African-Americans to go to heaven in 1989, there isn't racism anymore and the N-word is not a racial slur since everyone's using it

@Just-True-Combo Tbh, I don't know what's going to get through to him, but hey, I don't care, I got more buster quests to do. Also @baboonized nice name, really fits.

I've once joined a guy with active recruitement once, I think it took over 45 minutes before someone decided to join via the "Join quest in progress" while some other peeps were asking to leave some room for other players to join. Party leader declined affirming they were being usefull for healing and Buffing, Except we aleready had a Techter/Bouncer doing that exact job...

It's also realy frustrating when you try to get in a lobby and when you arrive, you see a guy with 2 techter or something, then comes around a 2nd person with the same setup, and yet, It takes AGES to kill any boss mobs you come across because of the huge lack of DPS... Plus The "Join a lobby in a other block" tend to send you toward lobbies that are about to get full. There,s been a few times where I tried to find another lobby to not get stuck with some "Slow runs" as i call them, only to get into an empty lobby (1-2 players out of 12) then try again to get shoved back into the same game with the guys running bots.

Anyway.

Instead of using bots for "Clearing the boss", you can simply ask the teammates you are with if they want to warp up the laps you're running around with them. Most of the time, they will just agree and help you kill the boss before hopping in another lobby. I've never seen someone refuse, and if they aren't happy with it, There's two solutions;

1. Leave the party and wait for slots to open up. when they do, Place a telepipe down, Summon bots, get back through telepipe then straight to the boss. ...Even doh this method has alot of flaws as; 1a: The Castrum demonica has no "Aggro" to speak of, only huge AoEs. Making bots useless as meatshields. (Plus you'd do so much damage they woulnt even hold aggro.) and 1b: Bots Damage are reduced by a good 3/4 and wont use techs/PA as often as they should.
    Heck, Giving your mag the ability to buff yourself randomly and feeding it before going into the fight would be more efficient.

2. Join the map with Aliance members. Usualy if you are in good terms with them, they wont be too stuborn and will probably decide to stick with you.

Oh you can also go solo the boss, I mean... I did it plenty of times. If you're propely equiped for it, It should be finished under 3 minutes and you wont risk dying either. The boss ususaly deals about 20-30% of my life in a single hit, Leaving me plenty of time as well to recover some HP with Resta or a -Mate item / Star Atomizer when i'm dry on PP cauz of a error of judgement. Plus I'm more than certain that 2/3 of his HP is located on his head, So once the two arms falls off, it's only a question of time and patience until you get through it. Certenly beats leaving through the ship even doh I thought than doing so still gives you your Dark Blast EXP...

... I know im rambling more than anything, but to make my point clear;

I think SH difficulty is no place for Bots. If i would see them in SH, Sure why not. because you don't absolutely need efficient teammates to succeed, but UH ABSOLUTELY requires efficient teammates to proceed, especialy since maps like UH Woods , Corrupted Navarius, Etc... are mostely farming maps, it feels realy selfish to see someone go with bots for something that will only benefit them.

Or in other terms; This is a MMORPG. Later Content for the game scales for Multiplayer in mind, Thus, "Solo player" Is a term frowned uppon.

Heck, Even I, as a Level 90 Hero, +35 Atlas Talis, +35 Atlas Sword, +35 Dual Birds (All 14 star weapon) , Along with +10 Units , I know that i can't solo bosses without wasting over 3-5 minutes per encounter in those kinds of maps and NEED players to help me out. If you want to solo that bad, There's also an option to allow Only friends/Guildmates to join. Just enable it.

EDIT: Oops. I meant UH, not XH. Also meant that my weapons were 14 Stars, not 15 stars, lmao.

I dislike and avoid most other players because they are garbage people. I use the bots for a few extra heals. Either way, I give everyone else the mutual courtesy of locking the door every time I start a game so we don't have to be bothered by one another. I'd rather solo ultimates than babysit eleven children.

While I do take bots into high level content, I allow people to join my party to replace the bots and I'll join other people's parties. By the time there's nine spots filled in the instance (though I've only ever seen that happen in Corrupted Investigations and not in Bewitched Forest) I've either invited enough people into my party for there to be mostly humans in it or I've joined someone else's party. The problem players are the ones that refuse to dismiss the bots/party with humans.

@Meowd-Lion-0 said in Instead of telling people not to use allies in Ultimate Quests/Bewitched Woods...:

While I do take bots into high level content, I allow people to join my party to replace the bots and I'll join other people's parties. By the time there's nine spots filled in the instance (though I've only ever seen that happen in Corrupted Investigations and not in Bewitched Forest) I've either invited enough people into my party for there to be mostly humans in it or I've joined someone else's party. The problem players are the ones that refuse to dismiss the bots/party with humans.

They shouldn't be problematic because if you didn't want bots you shouldn't be in a lobby that allows ally calling. They have a right to use bots if you're in regular matchmaking with the setting turned off. Not everyone is super hardcore on the farm and when you just wanna relax with bots you can, that's why there's two separate matchmaking options.

Reading this thread was a trip.

I'm not someone who uses ally calling personally. But if people want to use them then I tend not to care too much. The only time it's frustrating for me is when I end up with 6 bots and it's a huge slow down.

When that happens I'll politely ask if they don't mind dropping them to try and encourage others to join, and if they decline then I'll politely see myself out if I'm not in a party; or ask the party if they want to do the boss and then make a new lobby.

People have a right to use bots and we all have different play styles. I don't think hating on players for their choices is at all the right thing to do.

Also; if you're complaining about people who are using bots then my advice is:

A) Stop being elitist. It's a game. Let people have FUN as that is the point of it.

B) Be an awesome player and push your DPS to the next level and make up for that drop in DPS that the bots aren't covering.

C) Don't go into lobbies with bots. That's really easy. Just search the parties before going on.

I'm surprised this thread got so angry because really there is an easy solution to the entire thing. Ship 1 doesn't have an issue with this stuff from what I've seen. Ship 2 having an issue with it is... Genuinely not that surprising to me.

@Kurumi-Tokisaki oh, I thought I was siding with you, but you DON'T want players in your party. Please create a new room as to not disrupt other players, and don't whine at them if you don't and they ask you to dismiss the bots to allow more players. Bots are absolutely helpful as you wait for a room to fill, however you shouldn't kill an area just because you don't want to party with people.

@Meowd-Lion-0 said in Instead of telling people not to use allies in Ultimate Quests/Bewitched Woods...:

@Kurumi-Tokisaki oh, I thought I was siding with you, but you DON'T want players in your party. Please create a new room as to not disrupt other players, and don't whine at them if you don't and they ask you to dismiss the bots to allow more players. Bots are absolutely helpful as you wait for a room to fill, however you shouldn't kill an area just because you don't want to party with people.

nandato? I have active recruit on when I have a full team of bots, but my main goal in bot lobbies is to slay the Devil's Castle, which is easier to S-Rank with other real players.

@Kurumi-Tokisaki I reread your initial reply and now believe you misunderstood me. I was arguing bots are fine as long as you don't kill the lobby with them, even suggesting a good amount of combatants in the area to make sure you're properly partied with others, especially if the goal is farming elsewhere.

I noticed you put the exact same complaint in the Steam discussions, and I will say the same thing here.

If you don't like people using NPCs in your runs, lock the instance so only elitists like you can enter it, I will continue to run my allies/bots as I see fit (the max I run with is 3), the only exceptions is in UQs and similar runs.

@baboonized

You sound... ridiculous. Calm down.

Currently I'm bringing bots into super hard where a few of my chars are locked out from XH, where there is hardcore farming going on. Otherwise, players like you with your particular ideas of how it should be played, should in fact be laughed at, mocked and or ignored entirely.

The only thing I've argued about bots is that techer bots constantly use highest level shifta/deband which is extremely valuable even when you have techters around because they are not babysitting the teeam 24/7...it's not a fun playstyle. Otherwise their usage is merely for enemy distraction.

Generally speaking, players who think you have the paucity to tell others how the game is played is laughably looney.

I was doing some XH runs and someone was like GET THAT GUY A SLOT. Some times I like to play the sides and not disrupt a team in case I need to be afk. But whatever.

So, I hope everyone is doing OK. 🙂

First, it isn't good to spread elitism throughout the game, as it contributes to both a toxic atmosphere as well as a barrier for entry for new players.

That being said, the issue with bots being not as good as actual players is somewhat, but not entirely, legitimate. At the point where a player is joining some of the hardest content available, it is recommended that everyone contributes together such that the quest can be accomplished without too many frustrations.

Along with this is that Bewitched Woods is considered a difficult/challenging, yet rewarding, farming ground, similar to Ultimate Quests, and that slowing down progress may indeed be frustrating for some who are trying to maximize their time. However, although it isn't ideal, when it becomes difficult to find mpas full of people to take the quest on, bots could be used as good filler until the mpa becomes more populated, in which case the player can simply run back to the gateway ship and disable bots to let other players join in on the farm.

On the argument of players being antisocial, it's a separate matter and one that is unfortunately difficult to answer. Antisocial people joining difficult content probably may need to play in locked mpas for their own benefit, as this prevents other players from joining. Should they intentionally join an mpa that is nearly full, bring in their bots, and refuse to remove them, that becomes an issue of selfishness in my opinion.

My stance is that I believe others playing with bots in a full lobby is less than ideal, but isnt game breaking. I won't berate them harshly for doing so, but if the mpa starts becoming really slow or frustrating because of them (which may be rare), or others are trying to get in but are blocked by bots, I would kindly ask if the player can remove their bots for the benefit of others and the mpa.

For those who are mean to other players that do this, please don't. We want a nice comfy game! For those who are adamant about playing with bots in a full lobby, please know that you may want to remove them due to the aforementioned reasons. Most of the time other players are nice and welcoming, and you get a bigger party boost with 3 other real players! Plus you might meet some new friends along the way 😄

@baboonized said in Instead of telling people not to use allies in Ultimate Quests/Bewitched Woods...:

and they’re not for the new expedition

I mainly run it on Very/Super Hard with AI Partners, not Extremely Hard. But because I'm level 80+ anyway, auto attacks from enemies in there only do 1 damage usually. I haven't seen many people actually running these difficulties. enemies on these difficulties give anywhere from half the EXP of Grade 1/2 Busters, up to that EXP.

I usually only do it for COs or if I'm too bored of running a super fast Super Hard ARKS Quest for the daily. We'll be getting the "Level-Up" Quests soon anyway, since the non-buster Castrum UQ is coming this week, and that was turned into a Level-Up quest in JP. (Which are usually duo'd or solo'd by JP players.) (The non-buster Castrum was also added in Episode 5 Part 2 story quests in the recent patch anyway.)

The "Level-Up" quests though were mainly made to help expedite lower leveled players. I believe I made a thread about this a while back, but if you find yourself entering a Level-Up quest that has only 1 or two players, don't leave, and just do it. Chances are you're going to get a 13+ star item anyway from it. Or Sigma/Nox Fodder.