Need to reset the 2nd password we SHOULDN'T need to access the player shops.

6 days now and still waiting to see if "official support" will ever give a shit and reset my password (WHY even have the button to 'reset password' in-game if all it does is tell you it can't given your play environment and that you need to throw yourself to the mercy of support and hope they respond before the death of the universe).

@caelcyndar5 Do you play on Steam or Microsoft Store / XboxOne?

I play on Steam. I refuse to get Windows 10 after what Microsoft pulled 4 years ago with hiding the Windows 10 installer as a "optional" security update and then a few weeks later as a "recommended" update.

@caelcyndar5 I see. Most of the log in issues were Steam accounts. Sorry to hear that.

the support has already stated that the reset can take up to 7 days to happen if didn't happen after 7 days then try to send another ticket or even tag one of the GMs here to help you on that.

also I use firefox and I can log in both Microsoft and Steam account here without problems

@Jamesmor said in Need to reset the 2nd password we SHOULDN'T need to access the player shops.:

the support has already stated that the reset can take up to 7 days to happen if didn't happen after 7 days then try to send another ticket or even tag one of the GMs here to help you on that.

also I use firefox and I can log in both Microsoft and Steam account here without problems

If it's like any other support system, putting a new ticket puts you to the back of the queue for all your tickets.

@Jamesmor Did you say that support told you it would take 7 days to reset your password? I have never seen that, could you show us? I got a "up to 24 hours" message and a "you've submitted a duplicate ticket" message though.