PSA - "Battle It Out!" Rewards missing

This maintenance brought us the third Battle It Out! campaign. This is fitting as the rewards for the second one were due to be distributed this maintenance.

8396ca68-236d-4b8d-8501-e75fa2e22e2d-image.png

However it appears they have not been; I've spoken to multiple players now who had always been above rank A5 and alongside myself none of us have received this reward today.

Hopefully it hasn't been forgotten, and will be provided in the next maintenance. A statement informing us of this brief delay would be appreciated all the same.

A small bump to this topic in General Discussions so players get another chance to see it.

I've also posted this in the Bug Report forum and submitted a support contact request (#63522) for this issue.

Another small bump. A user on Reddit has reported with a screenshot having received the rewards for reaching ranks C5 and B5.

So now we know there was a distribution, but it appears to be rare and the requirements given on the website are NOT the actual requirements.

If I had to guess, perhaps anyone who received the rewards from the original campaign couldn't qualify for them a second time in the second campaign? if so, that would also indicate we can't get them from the third campaign that was launched yesterday.

I can't really recall but I think I got my B5 ticket? Dunno about the C5 (I assume I did) but I had the 30 SG ticket in my visiphone and I don't know of any other campaigns rewarding on 10/14 that gave 30 SG tickets.

@Akonyl said in PSA - Missing campaign reward:

I don't know of any other campaigns rewarding on 10/14 that gave 30 SG tickets.

That would have been the only one, yeah. The only other reward distributed yesterday to include any SG Ticket was the Twitter & Facebook Campaign one that gave 100.

It would be incredibly strange if you got a SG 30 Ticket and no SG 20 Ticket (for reaching C5) though. But if that is what happened maybe it points to a conflict with the original campaign from August? Like, if you got to C5 but not B5 in the original campaign, and then B5 in the second campaign. If these rewards are only available once across multiple campaigns, that would explain it. I don't suppose you'd happen to remember that?

Alternatively, I think the rewards for the weekly rankings are distributed to the Visiphone? So perhaps you got an SG 30 Ticket from that, such as by being ranked 11th to 20th in one of the weekly time attacks.

@Miraglyth said in PSA - Missing campaign reward:

It would be incredibly strange if you got a SG 30 Ticket and no SG 20 Ticket (for reaching C5) though. But if that is what happened maybe it points to a conflict with the original campaign from August? Like, if you got to C5 but not B5 in the original campaign, and then B5 in the second campaign. If these rewards are only available once across multiple campaigns, that would explain it. I don't suppose you'd happen to remember that?

Just to be clear, I'm not saying that I didn't get the C5 reward, just that I don't know if I did or not. I don't remember what campaigns I pulled from the visiphone (though I think there were 6 of them), just that later on when checking my inv I saw the SG 30 ticket and remembered it because SG 30 tickets aren't super common, but SG 20 tickets have been given out enough that I wouldn't have thought much about seeing one of those.

But also, it's very possible that I reached C5 or C4 during the first campaign and then didn't bother getting B5 until the next campaign, but it's been a while so I don't really remember. But there's been other campaigns for mission passes/etc where they indicate in clarification text that if you met the condition prior to the campaign you'd get it as well, which this campaign doesn't have. So it's real possible these are all just one-time rewards and you can only do it if you get the rank during the campaign period.

I guess it's possible it was a time attack ticket, but I really doubt it, since I just pound out naverius beginner for weeklies if I have to do it at all.

@Akonyl said in PSA - Missing campaign reward:

Just to be clear, I'm not saying that I didn't get the C5 reward, just that I don't know if I did or not. I don't remember what campaigns I pulled from the visiphone (though I think there were 6 of them)

That's fair. Not being sure about 6 (or more, or less) means there's not really enough information to go off with that.

But there's been other campaigns for mission passes/etc where they indicate in clarification text that if you met the condition prior to the campaign you'd get it as well, which this campaign doesn't have. So it's real possible these are all just one-time rewards and you can only do it if you get the rank during the campaign period.

We've never had it where you can only fulfil the conditions of a campaign once across multiple campaigns, which is one of my speculations here. I got all three rewards in the original campaign and none in the second (despite both finishing the campaign meeting the requirement for all three, and also ranking up to A5 from B2 a second time before the campaign ended), so something is definitely weird.

Maybe there's more to speculate. Perhaps they worded it as "Reach C5" but behind the scenes it really checks that the user's ARP is 100 greater than when the campaign started? Similarly with B5 (300) and A5 (700). If my records are right I gained 84 ARP between the start and end of the campaign (from base B1 having been demoted to that at the start of the month, to 4 points above A5 base at the end), so if it's that it would also explain it. But without much more information that's getting pretty far-fetched.

Just gonna toss my experience into this topic.

I was sitting at A1 before the campaign started. I'm now sitting at S5. Only got the C5 and B5 rewards and got those immediately upon the campaign going live.

@Chipputer said in PSA - Missing campaign reward:

and got those immediately upon the campaign going live.

You mean the new campaign, right? There's a delay. The rewards for each campaign are provided the following month:

# Name Campaign Dates SG Ticket Distribution Date
1 Battle it Out! (8/12) 12 Aug to 18 Aug 16 Sep
2 Battle it Out! (9/2) 02 Sep to 14 Sep 14 Oct*
3 Battle It Out 14 Oct to 27 Oct 25 Nov

This means for anyone who got the SG Ticket rewards from campaign 2, they were distributed in the same maintenance as campaign 3 starting. They weren't from campaign 3.

* This topic is because this distribution hasn't happened as advertised. Most people who reached A5 or higher by the end of the first campaign got no rewards at all from the second, and most of those who did only got C5 and sometimes B5.

I cross-posted this PSA on other platforms. On Reddit someone who only received C5 and B5 shared their Visiphone distribution, which tells us its text matches the detail from the website:

3a7cf55d-f554-4dbe-9059-2955dffec7e2-image.png

According to both, it is a one-time check of your Battle Rank - Is it C5 or higher? If yes, give reward. If no, don't. But this is clearly wrong, as everyone affected has been consistently higher than C5 for months now.

In case anyone's interested: It'd be practically impossible to have reached A5 and then fall below C5. To do so without any monthly resets would take losing 104 consecutive games, and every win during that time would add 3 or 4 losses needed so you'd need to have a win rate below 20% for a very sustained period. Meanwhile if you include monthly resets and purposefully play and lose one game each month to rank down for two rank downs each month, it would still take 5 months of deliberate effort to go back down to D1.

In any case, the main point of order with this PSA and my support ticket is, the requirements that are given both on the website, in the in-game notifications, and now the Visiphone text for those who received rewards, is definitely wrong.

More importantly, it means we don't know what the real requirements are. And that's a problem because the third campaign has started, and we have no idea what we actually need to do to qualify for them this time either.

I'd really like this situation to prompt a quick investigation to work out what the requirement really was, so the ongoing campaign can be updated accordingly (if it needs to be). At this point I don't expect any compensation for the non-receipt of rewards we met the requirements for, but I really don't want it to keep happening in the future.

One thing I have confirmed from users elsewhere; some people have received the same rewards (e.g. for reaching C5) from both the first and second campaigns. So we can rule out each reward being a one-time thing even across multiple campaigns.

I'm still wondering if the campaign compared our ARP at the end of our campaign with that at the start. I kept records; I gained 84 ARP between when the campaign started and finished. Had I started at 0 and Rank D5, that gain* would not have been enough to reach C5. Meanwhile Legend players who play to return from the S5 rank down each reset would have gained 160 points and starting from 0 that gain* would only have been enough to reach C5 which seems to corroborate with the rewards they've reported receiving.

* The awkward thing here is that the higher rank you are, the more points you lose from losses. For instance if I had started the second campaign and at D5 I would have gained 120 ARP rather than 84 by virtue of the losses not reducing my ARP by as much. If the campaign is treating us as though we start at D5 but using our actual ARP change, it'd be exceptionally difficult for Legend-rank players (where each loss costs as much ARP as a win gives) to gain the 700 points needed to qualify for the A5 reward.

The Reddit post has sunk now so I don't expect much further news on this unless there's a GM response on the Bug Report topic or my support ticket. Going by the Discord chat, this seems to have affected most players but they either haven't noticed since they stopped thinking about it in the month that passed between the campaign and its rewards or they don't care about 100 SG anyway.

I've appended my Zendesk support ticket (still #63522) with the details I've picked up from this topic - with thanks to Akonyl and Chipputer! - along with Reddit and the Fleet Discord.

I'll bump this post to point out something obvious - We have a repeat of this campaign happening right now. If you meet the requirements, it's probably best not to expect you'll ever receive the 100 SG from this one either because on this showing the Battle It Out campaign requirements are busted and we won't get them in November either.

I also have a request for anyone who has not yet or only just started playing the 10 games for the ongoing campaign: Can you note down your current ARP? You can see this in the menu: Personal Data ➡ Content Information ➡ Battle Arena Information ➡ Battle Rank Information ➡ Your Arena Points. And once you've finished your last game during the campaign period, can you write down your new current ARP again?

I plan to finish the campaign with over 100 or 300 more ARP than I started it with, and I'm half-expecting I'll only get the C5 or B5 rewards in November (despite being something like A1 or S5 at the campaign's end!). But that would only be one data point to prove the requirements have been wrong through all these campaigns. I'd like the help of others to help support or disprove my idea.