Error code 816

@FANtasyStarOnline Yeah but one can argue that most people don’t even check those online websites like this one or discord so most people probably don’t know until it hits then then that’s when you see a wave of people on the forums and Reddit talking about how they can’t access their account and don’t know why. Lol

Well, from how Sega has been treating the Player shops and RMT notices these last few maintenances... I guess the wave of catching players who duplicated items (remember seeing a bunch of NieR automata for a while before it was even released) and money is the big focus. Hold onto your Rappy butts, it might get rough for some players, but maybe player shops might start looking normal for once.

@FANtasyStarOnline If only that were true. Sadly the bots will continue to come unless they IP ban and idk why they won’t just do that. 😕 or idk

@meowimdead the time when IP block was a viable solution has ended a long time ago, banning their IPs won't stop bots when a VPN can bypass that or when you can mask the IP and the MAC

@Jamesmor Well idk what they can do then honestly but this banning 31k users every other week is hitting innocent players lol if it keeps up there won’t be much of a player base. At least that’s how I see it. I’ve never seen a game ban this often before it’s crazy. I guess if there’s no permanent fix then people will either have to get used to the constant bots or they will just quit the game from annoyance of bots 😕 I hope ngs will have better implemented security.

@meowimdead I think that number, 31k, is misleading in that little, if any, are innocent players. It feels like Sega's policy is whether you're a RMT bot or just merely dipped your toe in item and money duplicate activities, it's a permanent ban.

i consider myself innocent lol. Never did RMT, just purchased shit in-game with meseta on playershops for w/e was cheapest of the item i was getting. The items i've purchased have been purely for my clan raffle i did, and i was buying expensive items, so of course i bought w/e was cheapest in the category. At most they should just remove the shit on my account if anything was duped Not permaban with no chance of appealing like they told me lol

@Tri-Edge I 100% agree. It’s hurting spot of innocent players and the only thing they feel like doing is banning and not implementing some other form to stop bots. I’m not even sure if any other game has implemented anything because as many mmos I’ve played there’s always been bots. Not as bad as pso2 though. So idk I guess the banning will continue otherwise.

@FANtasyStarOnline Well the 31k isn’t misleading they said in the asterisk below the article that the entire number includes multiple things not just rmt so that number is most definitely correct lol they banned people for multiple reasons not just rmt alone. So could include chat violations too. Anything that’s against tos they were banned.

I was permanently banned with a 816 code. I was told through emails that I would never be able to appeal this ban. I spent $1000 dollars on this game with scratch and star gems. As a final fantasy fourteen player that game will give you warnings or strikes on your account verses this game the will have no problem perma banning a clean no strike account.

@FatalAzure each company has the freedom to punish the way they see fit, also Sega and Microsoft had being warning over the last few months that had doing punishments.

@Jamesmor Yeah some people were aware but clearly not all and or people didn’t think buying from pn players would cause their accounts to be banned. I’m not sure. I’d think removing the items would have been a better suited choice then a whole ban. Maybe even a temporary suspension but complete banning someone that ISNT a bot and simply purchased on the personal shop is kind overboard. But yes every company can do as they see fit. And this is the outcome.

@Jamesmor Just interesting that a game with a much bigger player base doesn’t go about it in this way.

Also the fact that I can’t talk to a real person for issues in this game is really frustrating. I know the amount of time and money I invested in this game doesn’t matter. But to get banned when I have never hacked or duped items. Never sold meseta is wack.

@meowimdead said in Error code 816:

@FANtasyStarOnline Well the 31k isn’t misleading they said in the asterisk below the article that the entire number includes multiple things not just rmt so that number is most definitely correct lol they banned people for multiple reasons not just rmt alone. So could include chat violations too. Anything that’s against tos they were banned.

I misunderstood. I thought you were using the number 31k as if any large percentage of that was innocent players.