Traded golem weapon at Zieg, grind cap didn't transfer

@Miraglyth said in Traded golem weapon at Zieg, grind cap didn't transfer:

By this explanation, a Golem Bluffs+9 with a cap of 35 should become a Golem Grafoil+9 with a cap of 35. If it instead gave you a Golem Grafoil(+0) with a cap of 30, something went wrong.

Yeah. Golem was at +9 after increasing cap to 35 and the tier 2 was 0 grind cap 30

I got the 50 stones after about 6 hours of forest nightmare, made the golem up to 35 and now it transferred correctly.

@Shirokami07 said in Traded golem weapon at Zieg, grind cap didn't transfer:

and now it transferred correctly.

Definitely seems like either a bug or the explanation is incorrect. Hopefully you were able to get that support ticket filed.

and now it transferred correctly.

Definitely seems like either a bug or the explanation is incorrect. Hopefully you were able to get that support ticket filed.

I did, no answer tho.

I don't really care anymore.

I did, no answer tho.

Yep, it takes a while. Still, they can often follow up and either see that a website/game description is incorrect and fix it for the benefit of future users, or sometimes even look into the logs and find out what went wrong in your first attempt so if there was a mistake they can explain it and help your understanding out. So it's worth keeping an eye out even just for closure's sake.

I screwed up.

@Qwid1339 said in Traded golem weapon at Zieg, grind cap didn't transfer:

For some reason the game still gives you the upgrade, but it doesn't consume the previous weapon

That hadn't been mentioned before though. @Shirokami07 did you have the pre-upgrade version still locked in your inventory?

Just a slight follow up on this mess. I read this post a few days before I tried upgrading a weapon myself. Same thing happened. I think the issue is the game allows you to select a locked item to upgrade (when it usually doesn't). For some reason the game still gives you the upgrade, but it doesn't consume the previous weapon if it is locked and it will only give it a generic 4 slot augment with no grind levels. I bit the bullet and traded more badges in for stones and unlocked the weapon. It now consumes the previous weapon and carries over the attributes and grind level.

Why you can select a max ground weapon when it is locked I have no idea. But that seems to be the issue.

The game will not allow you to pick a locked item.

I screwed up.

You made a player error, if there was some widespread issue then other people would have reported it by now and since we use same codebase as JP, they'd complain over there too. You had an unlocked base one from collections that you probably forgot about and a locked one you meant to use.

For some reason the game still gives you the upgrade, but it doesn't consume the previous weapon

That hadn't been mentioned before though. @Shirokami07 did you have the pre-upgrade version still locked in your inventory?

Negative boss.

@Kurumi-Tokisaki said in Traded golem weapon at Zieg, grind cap didn't transfer:

if there was some widespread issue then other people would have reported it by now

Meanwhile my attempts to investigate an even more widespread issue are receiving a dozen responses across multiple platforms at best - all agreeing a problem exists, but the number of people who seem to care an iota about being screwed out of the rewards for what'll likely become multiple campaigns is astonishingly low.

I wouldn't automatically believe anyone's reports of something going wrong, but the point is "nobody else reported it" seems like a bad bar to set for issues with this game.

@Kurumi-Tokisaki said in Traded golem weapon at Zieg, grind cap didn't transfer:

if there was some widespread issue then other people would have reported it by now

Meanwhile my attempts to investigate an even more widespread issue are receiving a dozen responses across multiple platforms at best - all agreeing a problem exists, but the number of people who seem to care an iota about being screwed out of the rewards for what'll likely become multiple campaigns is astonishingly low.

I wouldn't automatically believe anyone's reports of something going wrong, but the point is "nobody else reported it" seems like a bad bar to set for issues with this game.

if they have video evidence (even on PC if you use NVIDIA you can instant cap the last 5-30 mins of gameplay with a press of a button, and you can do it on xbox one and ps4 as well)... Then it'd be believable. But they don't have any evidence so it's just a naysayer until proven otherwise because this issue is reported by just a single person.

if they have video evidence (even on PC if you use NVIDIA you can instant cap the last 5-30 mins of gameplay with a press of a button, and you can do it on xbox one and ps4 as well)... Then it'd be believable.

Ah the classic "No time machine and no expectation that the game would have a bug so could not replicate".

Last I saw ShadowPlay needed you to enable it first and needed a card a few years newer than those that can comfortably run PSO2, an allocation of disk space and had a performance hit. I'm very behind on that though so it could have improved.

In any case we have two users reporting something similar happening to them now, not one, and while the circumstances are different they've tried to provide enough detail for it to be looked into. It's not really for other players to outright reject what could be an actual bug.

Personally I appreciate the warning that it might not be working perfectly. Among other reasons, it means I now have the knowledge that it could happen to me, meaning it'd be worth recording making the exchange so I can provide a more detailed report if it does.

if they have video evidence (even on PC if you use NVIDIA you can instant cap the last 5-30 mins of gameplay with a press of a button, and you can do it on xbox one and ps4 as well)... Then it'd be believable. But they don't have any evidence so it's just a naysayer until proven otherwise because this issue is reported by just a single person.

I'm not even begging for a compensation, I don't want one. I grinded and got what the game took from me back myself.

This is just a warning to everyone.

I couldn't replicate any of the issues in this thread. Neither weapon would show up when locked and the 30 cap Wired Lance that I increased to 35 cap via 5 copies of the same weapon (the Light element one in the pic) was exchanged without issue.

golem

These types of things are logged in your Documents\SEGA\PHANTASYSTARONLINE2_NA_STEAM\log folder, specifically, the ActionLog file. Here's the one that I exchanged in the pic for comparison:

• 2020-10-20T09:50:25 60 [Recycle(Receive)] 10073289 Neek Bomber Golem Stead+9 attr:Light(60)

• 2020-10-20T09:50:25 61 [Recycle(Send)] 10073289 Neek Bomber Golem Barun+9 attr:Light(60)

• 2020-10-20T09:50:25 62 [Recycle(SendWarehouse15)] 10073289 Neek Chaos Malossistone Num(50)

(Note: if you don't have material storage then the Chaos Malossistone line will look different)

It doesn't show grind caps but it might provide you a bit of context as to what might've happened before and after the exchange.