Bingo B side requires PVP? no thanks!

@YagyuChan said in Bingo B side requires PVP? no thanks!:

Welp people said to the devs to promote PVP and when they do they get backlash which I feel is unfair...

This is so true. If you please the one guy,the next guy will come up. People are just different,i guess. The only thing they all have in common is enjoying to complain and argue over such minor things. That goes 5 pages now...oh,and dont forget to exagerate. "We are FORCED to play pvp"

@Scerms77 said in Bingo B side requires PVP? no thanks!:

@YagyuChan said in Bingo B side requires PVP? no thanks!:

Welp people said to the devs to promote PVP and when they do they get backlash which I feel is unfair...

This is so true. If you please the one guy,the next guy will come up. People are just different,i guess. The only thing they all have in common is enjoying to complain and argue over such minor things. That goes 5 pages now...oh,and dont forget to exagerate. "We are FORCED to play pvp"

Especially when you can just buy the reward from a player shop for probably the price of one Bar Lodos daily order. If you don't want to play pvp then don't these things are hardly worth anything on the market anyway, so just go and buy it off someone who did the pvp quest.

The Bingo itself is a good way to get someone new to try pvp. If your mind is already set then ignore it.

After playing quite a few rounds of pvp (enough to actually get one of the outfits + extra) i still think the PVP in this game is under the top 3 least enjoyable PVP modes in any mmorpg i have played in the last 20 years. Not even joking.

It really is just extremely bad and that wouldn't be a problem if they didn't gate sg and other rewards behind it. This game could have had amazing PVP if you look at the combat overall. There was almost no way they could f up, but still it happened. In a weird way it is actually impressive that they managed to butcher it this hard.

I love PVP and like to see it in any game i play ... that said though i gotta agree with the PVE crowd here ... if you can't make it AT LEAST decent just don't implement it at all.

@ZorokiHanuke said in Bingo B side requires PVP? no thanks!:

PVPers need some love too.

People from outside NA need some love too. PvP is even worse with 200+ ping.

@Rawrs1865 said in Bingo B side requires PVP? no thanks!:

There was almost no way they could f up, but still it happened.

I do wonder. When you have FPSs that are far more demanding of connection response times, it makes you think. But they tend to have regional and often third-party servers to cater to that need. There was little point to deploying those when the game was aimed at Japan only, and the organisation required to do it to try to make Global a little more fair is probably not worth it even with it being something the global coverage of Azure should be able to help with.

On the other hand, the swiki (JP) Battle Arena page has an FAQ with several questions about lag. Of particular note (and subject to Google Translate)

This happens because PSO2 only synchronizes in seconds, which is the minimum necessary, and the client side of the attacking player determines whether the attack was successful or not.

Synchronization occurs from the moment you jump and attack, and otherwise synchronization occurs approximately every second.

So basically if you want to reduce being killed after you've escaped around a corner, jump around a lot lol. But the point is this appears to be a problem even in Japan, if likely to a lesser extent than e.g. playing Global from Europe/Australia. Makes you wonder the basis on which they decided it was acceptable, though.

(Personally I still think the severity and frequency of one-sided games and regularly playing out the tedium of 3+ minutes for a nigh-guaranteed loss is a far bigger bane of PVP. Who enjoys regularly wasting their time? By comparison, losing a one-on-one you would have won with a level playing field is only a moment of frustration.)

@coldreactive said in Bingo B side requires PVP? no thanks!:

If a game has forced faction v. faction (IE: WoW/etc.) even with NPCs. Then it's clearly PvP focused. I made a topic called the "Big PvP Category List" to help myself avoid these sorts of games back when I used to peruse mmohut/onrpg's forums: https://pastebin.com/eswNRiFR

That's..not even remotely true.

WoW in particular has become almost entirely PvE based now - with PvP content barely getting more than a bone thrown at it outside of it's Esport centric Arena Championships. Yes, WoW has a large emphasis on the warring factions of the Alliance and Horde, but that's almost entirely contained within it's story telling these days. Despite Battle for Azeroth being primarily focused on the faction conflict during it's early story beats, there was never any requirement to play any form of PvP whatsoever. The incentives to participate in Warmode were so lackluster that most people simply ignored them all together.

You've got an incredibly jaded and frankly wrong view on how MMO's operate. Very few these days are PvPcentric, which is a shame, because if done correctly, a game where PvP is the main focus honestly creates quite a dynamic world and playspace for player to particupate in (See: Guild Wars 2's WvW).

looks at the spot on my Xbome where the mmo Destiny 2 once was

remembers Crucible, earning Redrix's Broadsword, serious balance issues that would be fixed in favor of whatever new serious balance mess the devs were pushing with almost no regard for non-Crucible activities, and watching PvE take a beating to appease the PvP and e-sports people while every event tried to shove us into Crucible

looks at the 1 thing out of 48 on a bingo card that requires 1 win

Perhaps I'm biased, but this seems like a minor footnote. I don't really do battle either (though I might put in more time eventually), preferring Buster Quests and (if I can gather the people, since there are so few) Challenge mode, but it's 1 W. 1. Not 30, not 10, mot even 5. Just 1.

Just my 2 meseta.

@Blade-Syphon

Guild Wars 2 WvW was the most fun I’ve ever had in pvp. There was such a sense of community and camaraderie. Once people spent a whole day following this big goofy Norn guy and we were one big train the whole way into battle, this guy was a beast of a man and protected the group so even the shyer players were having a good time.

War of Emperium from Ragnarok Online was another great example.

I long for pvp like that. I know pvp would be a wasted resource on this game since so many people hate pvp but one can dream.

Decided to give this gsmes pvp a shot due to the bingo card....

Let me preface this by saying I generally like pvp. However this games pvp feels loose and laggy. I don't know if I've played a worse pvp game.

I just got to the B side of the card and I wouldn't have had a problem with the PVP, but looking at the rewards now I realize I just don't really care about any of them. I'll probably still do the pvp for the SG but oh well.