Bingo B side requires PVP? no thanks!

@Kurumi-Tokisaki

BDO too since it basically forces you to flag for pvp after a certain level, so if you want your ascended weapon then you have to go to pvp-friendly maps. People complained and the solution was to just never hit that level.

Glad pvp is just optional here.

Eh.... if it says Win I'd say try otherwise feel free to AFK or run in circles. Sounds like a bad thing to do but locking rewards behind a dead game mode most players aren't interested in is also a bad move.

@Gamers-are-so-oppressed said in Bingo B side requires PVP? no thanks!:

Eh.... if it says Win I'd say try otherwise feel free to AFK or run in circles. Sounds like a bad thing to do

It's also reportable. You're basically ensuring your team loses. I would not only not recommend this but actively condemn it.

@Miraglyth said in Bingo B side requires PVP? no thanks!:

Eh.... if it says Win I'd say try otherwise feel free to AFK or run in circles. Sounds like a bad thing to do

It's also reportable. You're basically ensuring your team loses. I would not only not recommend this but actively condemn it.

Throwing someone who doesn't PvP or isn't good at it into PvP in the first place is basically ensuring that their team loses. Thanks to how "well" the ranking system works they will be going in as D tier matching with B1+ tiers. As someone mentioned earlier "Just pisses off both sides as the pve players don't want to deal with a crappy pvp system. And the pvp players who enjoy it have to deal with all the salty pve players comming through the mode to make the rounds."

Also probably a thread for a different discussion but good luck with the reporting.

You gotta win to finish Chroto's CO

@Miraglyth said in Bingo B side requires PVP? no thanks!:

@Jamesmor said in Bingo B side requires PVP? no thanks!:

well they are giving rewards to participate in battle arena

Only for people who never had before, which is probably a minority at this point.

no I mean there's a campaign for pvp

Capturar.PNG

Capturar.PNG

Throwing someone who doesn't PvP or isn't good at it into PvP in the first place is basically ensuring that their team loses.

Complete newbies can still pick up emblems, and make up numbers in a skirmish. If your team enters a scrap in mid with 2 players vs 3 on the other team, they're probably both getting killed without scoring any kills themselves. If a complete newbie sticks with their team (being a newbie 101) they're joining that skirmish. Then the best case scenario at least one of the opponents targets the newbie instead, allowing one of the other 2 on your side to at least score a kill. So even if your team still loses that skirmish, the net effect isn't as bad.

That's not to say bad players can't essentially be agents for the opposing team, but idling in spawn is at best better than a totally awful player who always runs into the opposing team on their own and gets killed 6+ times without ever killing or even picking up emblems. And that's assuming there aren't bows on the map and someone in the other team doesn't realise they can score a few extra points by continually sniping you while standing still in spawn.

Moreover, sitting in spawn idling seriously reduces the chance of your team winning from 50% to like 15% unless someone on the other team also abandons to balance it out. So if you want to that until you win you're probably going to need to wait several games longer (and risk being reported in several successive games) than if you just, you know, tried for a change.

@Jamesmor said in Bingo B side requires PVP? no thanks!:

no I mean there's a campaign for pvp

Oh. But this topic is about the bingo task.

@Miraglyth My own solution is still to not do the mode and not get the rewards, and I actively advice others who don't like the mode to do the same. As said before, this only brings headaches for both sides in the end.

So those who want to only pve should sit this one out. It's not like this is going to be the end of the world. Plenty of other opportunities down the line to get future rewards without doing a mode they don't like, and Sega would see exactly who are actually doing pvp, and maybe next Bingo will be pve only while looking for other ways to reward pvp'ers through other methods.

@ZorokiHanuke said in Bingo B side requires PVP? no thanks!:

@Miraglyth My own solution is still to not do the mode and not get the rewards, and I actively advice others who don't like the mode to do the same.

That's fine. Normally bingo has a completion reward so if you can stand to miss out on that it's definitely an option to just not do it.

@Miraglyth Indeed. Games should have stuff for different people, and not everything is meant to be obtained by everyone.

Yet this time, they put Evolution Device: Jacklan as the completion reward of the reverse side. This is a bit good to give up. Also if we liked this, then we'd probably want this for each of our characters.

alt text \

I know we can still buy this from personal shops. But I hope they had just put the two weapon camos for the 8 bingo and completion prizes.

Will be honest...

Even I who abhor PVP I just sucked that up and did it alongside the Rappy Lantern.

It is like the Phaleg fight. It is optional but the reward is nice.

Ping actually matters in PSO2 PVP, unlike much of the other content in PSO2, and despite PSO2 Global being Global, the servers are likely to be situated in NA.

Try doing PSO2 PVP while playing from halfway across the world.

It's not great, and locking rewards meant to be obtainable casually into content where people closer to the servers have a clear advantage over those from all the way on the other side of the world just leaves a bad taste.

Yes, we don't have to do it if we don't want to put in the effort for the reward.

But the problem is not that we don't want to put in the appropriate effort for the reward, it's that some of us, no matter how much effort we put into will be at a severe disadvantage and will be having a really bad time with the way netcode is handled in PSO2's PVP with how the current PVP system is.

Just do it! Get the prize! End of conversation😓

PvP is required, huh? I guess I won't be willing to fill out all of side B then, as I don't like PvP in these kinds of games. No big deal to me, I'll just go do something else I like to do, like Buster Quests. Fill in what I can that I enjoy doing and move on.

At least it's there for those that do like it. At least there is nothing required in terms of gear, augments or enhancements that this is the only way to get it, so I don't feel forced to do it.