Global players and character design.

When I make my characters, I make them for only me to like. I personally don't care nor follow what others dictate beauty to be if I don't like what they propose. If the character ends up looking like a monster for everyone else, tough luck, the character will stay looking like that because I, the character creator who put the effort on it, likes it and won't change it just because someone who doesn't pay my bills says it looks bad.

On the other hand, if there's room for improvement and feedback from someone else ends up being something I like as well, I will try to achieve that.

And here's an example of what I like that I totally know many may not like.

alt text May change more when I feel like it. As I said, I'm not completely satisfied with what I'm doing with this character creator and it's limitations. But for now that's how it goes.

@ZorokiHanuke said in Global players and character design.:

When I make my characters, I make them for only me to like. I personally don't care nor follow what others dictate beauty to be if I don't like what they propose. If the character ends up looking like a monster for everyone else, tough luck, the character will stay looking like that because I, the character creator who put the effort on it, likes it and won't change it just because someone who doesn't pay my bills says it looks bad.

On the other hand, if there's room for improvement and feedback from someone else ends up being something I like as well, I will try to achieve that.

And here's an example of what I like that I totally know many may not like.

alt text May change more when I feel like it. As I said, I'm not completely satisfied with what I'm doing with this character creator and it's limitations. But for now that's how it goes.

That giant forehead and big eyes remind me a bit of Christina Ricci...and you decided to NOT put giant breasts on her. I like your charackter 👍

@Kofi9867 said in Global players and character design.:

Sure thing pal. People sit in this thread and say it's impossible to make decent looking characters (Might be the reason why every character I see in FFXIV has pink hair, cat ears/rabbit ears etc. and looks the same) god I absolutely love people who do the whole "Well let's see you do better" argument, it's like I personally attacked you or something, and it just tickles me! #CreativityisDead

Who said it was impossible or hard even? If anything people just said the character customization wasn't that great. "Decent" being subjective in the first place. Nice waifus tho.

@Scerms77 Thanks. I sometimes like faces with some forehead. Mostly coupled with black hair. Works well on people with a serious attitude. As for breasts, yeah. Not a fan of super jugs nor of ultra flat either.

@Frathlir

I mean I don't even mind if the character looks sexualized. As long as there's effort in it. Instead of just maxing the slider bars and finding the skimpiest clothes.

If someone can explain for dummys,how to put x-box Screenshots on here,i would like to show my creations too.

An awful lot of weebs in here.

Imagine scrutinizing and then shaming people’s fashion choices.

Please tell me how we can measure “creativity” fashion-wise objectively lol

@Scerms77 Found this on an article through a google search. No idea if it works since I don't have an XB1

While playing a game double tap the Xbox button on your controller to capture a screenshot and pressing Y to save the screenshot. Or if you're one of the rare few with Kinect plugged into your Xbox One, you can say "Xbox, take a screenshot" to take and save a screenshot.

After saving the screenshot. Press the Xbox button to suspend the game.

Go to the Upload app on your Xbox One and choose the screenshot you want to share from Manage Captures. Press the Menu button and choose Share.

The screenshot can be uploaded to Twitter, OneDrive, your Xbox activity feed, private message, or your own personal showcase. Choose the service you want to upload it to.

@SalutexMO said in Global players and character design.:

An awful lot of weebs in here.

Imagine scrutinizing and then shaming people’s fashion choices.

Please tell me how we can measure “creativity” fashion-wise objectively lol

Well obviously JP numbah 1!!! Global bad! They can't make a good waifu like those JP can.

"In JP they have better beauty standards" ... Meanwhile on JP ! pso20201016_204718_007.jpg

@Rolph-Rhega said in Global players and character design.:

"In JP they have better beauty standards" ... Meanwhile on JP ! pso20201016_204718_007.jpg

Now that’s crazy! Wow

Meanwhile on JP

Darnit do I want that Rolf basewear.

What is this furry/gelatinous blob I'm looking at? It looks like that one Monsters Inc. Meme, where the Cyclops has two eyes, but he's now purple, and lacks appendages.

@Anarchy-Marine LET THIS JP BEAUTIFULL ART FLOW TROUGHT YOU! xD

@Rolph-Rhega But does it roll though? I need answers. It's not immersive if it doesn't roll.