Global players and character design.

@Rolph-Rhega said in Global players and character design.:

so... beauty standards are not subjective?

Yes, up to a point.

"Beauty standards are subjective" is a very abused phrase and concept to get away with just anything these days.

(replying to the original post) I've seen multiple characters with a lot of effort put into them in PSO2 (that aren't based on npcs in the game, because counting them would be cheating). I don't know why you've never seen any of them, but I don't understand how every single forum post gets turned into an argument about a completely different topic and ropes in how other games do things. What is so hard about sticking with the actual topic lol.

@Gamers-are-so-oppressed said in Global players and character design.:

@Miraglyth said in Global players and character design.:

@Shirokami07 said in Global players and character design.:

I challenge you to [...] aren't monster tier.

Right, and who'd be the judge of that? You, right? The word for this exercise would not be challenge, but farce.

Eh... I think it is just a weeb letting us global players know that JP number 1 and we will never be as good as them. English JP players have this weird elitism about them for some reason and I am not really sure why.

I am an English JP player and have no such elitism. In fact such elitism you mention of sickens me inside honestly.

@Gamers-are-so-oppressed said in Global players and character design.:

@Miraglyth said in Global players and character design.:

@Shirokami07 said in Global players and character design.:

I challenge you to [...] aren't monster tier.

Right, and who'd be the judge of that? You, right? The word for this exercise would not be challenge, but farce.

Eh... I think it is just a weeb letting us global players know that JP number 1 and we will never be as good as them. English JP players have this weird elitism about them for some reason and I am not really sure why.

Not really. It seems more like global players just go for anything. A very different level of interest.

@Shirokami07 stll you have a point i have seen the same default force/bouncer female newman model the same that bots use in at least 50 different characters xD

@Shirokami07 stll you have a point i have seen the same default force/bouncer female newman model the same that bots use in at least 50 different characters xD

Hahaha you bring up a good point, probably all those bots doesn't help huh? Perfection.

Default designs sometimes are even better than what I get to see in the lobby.

I can sort of understand why Luther wanted to wipe ARKS.

Alternative hypothesis: The majority of global players are new and simply have not reached the "true endgame" yet.

I'd argue that, like me, many new players were drawn to PSO2 for the gameplay and that it takes months to learn the complexity of all the various classes, mission types, vendors, crafting/affixing systems, progression paths, etc. unless you have friends/sherpas powering you through. Once we reach JP levels of content draught I'm sure you'll see folks spending more time and money on fashion.

I find it particularly interesting that the standard "theme" for NA is a lot of memes or obviously messed up looking characters. Compared to JP where it's more like "this is my OC." I have nitpicks with our current system but overall it's a nice mix of options but not an over abundance like say BDO where people buy the game just to make characters.

As for people's other looks.....I try not to judge. But I don't enjoy most looks people go for.

@Shirokami07 on my end i cant accept that people doesnt take their time on creating the character, but maybe they count on the salon passes too(? I think the worst i have seen on ship01 is that guy that is cosplaying Donald Thrump and spitting political propaganda with autochat on normal attacks and pas on the uqs.

@Knight-Raime said in Global players and character design.:

I find it particularly interesting that the standard "theme" for NA is a lot of memes or obviously messed up looking characters. Compared to JP where it's more like "this is my OC." I have nitpicks with our current system but overall it's a nice mix of options but not an over abundance like say BDO where people buy the game just to make characters.

As for people's other looks.....I try not to judge. But I don't enjoy most looks people go for.

Yes, this is it.

Global community is monsters and memes, meanwhile JP community is OC and cosplay.

I love making horrible goblins in the land of bland wifus.

@Shirokami07 those are some very broad generalization opinions you have there.

I only really care about CAST parts, and what we have currently kind of lacks the style the later parts started to have. Most of the stuff global has is very over designed like the Agri set with it's freaking knee daggers or the Voudam set with the plate that clips with the legs when you run. (Why couldn't you just have the cool cape? Why do you need a static plate there?)

As it stands, there are ways to make cool casts seen here, here, and here. The problem is that our selection of parts is very limited, so you're mostly forced to go with a full matching set or limiting yourself to the few good non-matched looks we do have.

@Shirokami07 @Kofi9867

Why don't you post your characters and show everyone how it's done? 😛