Global players and character design.

I've been in a quest to find good looking characters which weren't created by pressing random or display at least 5 minutes of tweaking so they don't look like deformed goblins.

Sadly, I found very very few, buuuuuut the ones that look good look really good.

What's wrong with Global players? Why do they abandon their character so? They have millions and millions in accessories, hairstyles, body paints, yet they do nothing with sliders.

Is this perhaps the average western beauty standard?

@Shirokami07 Nope, just lazy players, that care less about character customization, and role play, and instead care more about rushing into the game, burning through all of it's content, and then complain when they have nothing else to do. A few of them posted threads here in the past.

I personally didn't find this specific character creator as the best thing ever, like so many claim it to be. I've been through several creators and I can say this is above most, but not the most intuitive to me, because it ties certain things to others, mostly on body sliders. So while I did spend a lot of time on my characters, I can't say I'm 100% satisfied with what I could do. Perhaps with more time, or maybe I'm just losing my touch... Might show a screenie later when I can log in.

@ZorokiHanuke said in Global players and character design.:

I personally didn't find this specific character creator as the best thing ever, like so many claim it to be. I've been through several creators and I can say this is above most, but not the most intuitive to me, because it ties certain things to others, mostly on body sliders. So while I did spend a lot of time on my characters, I can't say I'm 100% satisfied with what I could do. Perhaps with more time, or maybe I'm just losing my touch... Might show a screenie later when I can log in.

I'm not talking a lot about body sliders but face sliders. Most characters have enough space for an extra set of eyes between theirs or a forehead so big you could fit a whole extra face in it...

@Anarchy-Marine said in Global players and character design.:

@Shirokami07 Nope, just lazy players, that care less about character customization, and role play, and instead care more about rushing into the game, burning through all of it's content, and then complain when they have nothing else to do. A few of them posted threads here in the past.

Most western players tend to care about end game (Generally where your harder content is, more interesting content) unfortunately this game doesn't really work like that and/or have that so I can't really blame them.

@Gamers-are-so-oppressed said in Global players and character design.:

Most western players tend to care about end game (Generally where your harder content is, more interesting content) unfortunately this game doesn't really work like that and/or have that so I can't really blame them.

Are you sure about that?

I see most people complaining about "harder" content.

Like, Phaleg being "too hard", or dragon being "badly designed" AKA it's too hard for them.

@Shirokami07 said in Global players and character design.:

Are you sure about that?

Like, Phaleg being "too hard", or dragon being "badly designed" AKA it's too hard for them.

Compared to other MMOs? 100% sure. I don't doubt most casual players have issues against something like Phaleg because the game rewards them for just facerolling shit until this point.

Something like this versus Something like this

I like PSO2's gameplay but far as like normal "endgame" stuff is concerned there is a lot to be desired. I know some players don't really like end game and prefer the fashion / social aspects and that is fine too as this is where the game really shines.

I've been in a quest to find good looking characters which weren't created by pressing random or display at least 5 minutes of tweaking so they don't look like deformed goblins.

Sadly, I found very very few, buuuuuut the ones that look good look really good.

What's wrong with Global players? Why do they abandon their character so? They have millions and millions in accessories, hairstyles, body paints, yet they do nothing with sliders.

Is this perhaps the average western beauty standard?

I don't have the privilege for having millions of different cosmetics and money in that case too. I try to make my CAST look the best she can before kicking some tail out there but I agree that some ARKS ops have "Unique" designs while others don't even really bother then rush to endgame for the harder and better contents.

I put a lot of time into my characters because I recreated my D&D gang.

I’m not impressed with the character maker at all and don’t feel I can accurately make everything I want to.

Certain sliders affect multiple areas. If I want a butt then I have to have a thicker lower stomach as well. If I want thicker thighs then I have to have cankles, hips that sit too high or both. If I want half-lidded eyes then it just makes my eyes look small. If I want a fuller upper lip then it affects my lower one as well.

Maybe people just aren’t impressed with the sliders either and hit OK with the premade options.

I’ve spent 6 salon passes on my main alone, there’s always something bothering me. Usually a new outfit will bring out a terrible feature. I recently bought Altina Replica secondhand and my character’s average sized legs looked like tree trunks in that outfit.

I stop caring when i got the arks rappy outfit i just wanted hats and to see how big i could make them.

@Milk said in Global players and character design.:

I’m not impressed with the character maker at all and don’t feel I can accurately make everything I want to.

Certain sliders affect multiple areas. If I want a butt then I have to have a thicker lower stomach as well. If I want thicker thighs then I have to have cankles, hips that sit too high or both. If I want half-lidded eyes then it just makes my eyes look small. If I want a fuller upper lip then it affects my lower one as well.

Maybe people just aren’t impressed with the sliders either and hit OK with the premade options.

I’ve spent 6 salon passes on my main alone, there’s always something bothering me. Usually a new outfit will bring out a terrible feature. I recently bought Altina Replica secondhand and my character’s average sized legs looked like tree trunks in that outfit.

I can agree with the character creator, probably was more interesting back in 2012 but not so much now days with games like BDO and such.

@Milk said in Global players and character design.:

Lets hope in NGS there is more options to make the perfect character. 🙂

that is so false, not only YSOK (PSO2 EP6 director) said global players are more casual. You can take a look at other JP MMOs like FFXIV where we have character data - JP servers have much higher clear rate of Savage fights

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/EQhnJYXXUAgm23T?format=png&name=4096x4096

Are you sure about that?

Compared to other MMOs? 100% sure. I don't doubt most casual players have issues against something like Phaleg because the game rewards them for just facerolling shit until this point.

Something like this versus Something like this

I like PSO2's gameplay but far as like normal "endgame" stuff is concerned there is a lot to be desired. I know some players don't really like end game and prefer the fashion / social aspects and that is fine too as this is where the game really shines.

So you're comparing a game in which you're supposed to be able to clear content by yourself, solo, vs a game in which difficulty comes from how good the rest of the players can sync?

That's sort of a, uhhhh, very bad comparison.