So it looks like the shop is down again

@YagyuChan said in So it looks like the shop is down again:

I don't think it is possible either unless the person illegally gained high level access to the servers since that is where the data is stored as opposed to back in the day on PSO1 where it is stored on the user's machine.

that's why I said that is on the level of Fallout 76 servers that hackers had being whatever they want there.

@Fiona-Respha

For those who can't read it:

Due to a serious problem, we have suspended the following functions.

Target function My shop

• My shop of "PSO2es" is also temporarily suspended.

trade Room goods that can deliver items such as photo gacha Team warehouse In addition, we will inform you about the resumption of use of each function at a later date.

We apologize for any inconvenience caused.

They just can’t catch a break

@Milk said in So it looks like the shop is down again:

They just can’t catch a break

To catch a break, Sega must first stop taking their chances away from themselves to catch one. Clearly, Sega hasn't learned much from the PSO1 days of BlueBurst. Disabling Gamemon.des is all it ever takes to defeat GameGuard, which was never a good AC to begin with. This is common knowledge to everyone, even Sega. Makes me wonder why they bother to still rely on GG after all these years, knowing how easily it is to defeat.

@Sanojei-S all anti-cheat engines are easy to bypass after all the files are in your machine and clearly they learned after all PSO2 is server based and when you do change something from the files a log is generated into the server so they catch those who tamper with GG

@Jamesmor said in So it looks like the shop is down again:

@Sanojei-S all anti-cheat engines are easy to bypass after all the files are in your machine and clearly they learned after all PSO2 is server based and when you do change something from the files a log is generated into the server so they catch those who tamper with GG

1. All anti-cheats can be broken. Some are far more superior than others, however, and have a better track record of catching cheaters. GameGuard is NOT, and never was, one of those anti-cheats. VAC would be better than GameGuard but then, so would taping up your server and saying "no hack my serverz pl0x" would be better than GameGuard. I digress.

2. No, they have not clearly learned anything of the sort. You do know that BlueBurst is server-side, not client like EPI&II and V1/V2? Just because a game is server-side does not mean you can't do the same things to it as you can a client side game. The only difference between the two is the encryption between server and client which, hopefully Sega moved on from that atrocious RSA enc (though given their reliance on GameGuard I say old habits die hard) and knowing which string to look for in the buffer during communication between server and client. Once that flag is found, a false flag can be sent back basically saying "hey, everything's cool, it's just me coming in" and off we go to modifying code that can be injected as a string or int value back to the server as a legit command and poof....dupes, hax and powahz! So no, clearly Sega has NOT learned anything from PSO1 because they still rely on the same junky anti-cheat that didn't work then and isn't worth a crumb now.

3. Yes, I am aware of server nuances. I am a server admin myself as well as a Web Developer and a coder for many years. I wear many hats because I like this field. That said, GameGuard is run by nProtect, not Sega. So, unless nProtect and Sega have some info sharing agreement, which I highly doubt, they wouldn't have a log of who defeated GG. They can, however, log when someone not on the privileged list enters a server which is what I think you meant. But to evade that, you can spoof the IP through a VPN to match an expected IP address from an authorized user (assuming you know that IP already) and there would be no visible evidence of impropriety until things go haywire and they trace it back to the rogue Admin/GM who they finally discover is a hacker. Let's not forget that if you can safely disable Gamemon.des, you can also alter the hosts file to re-route Gameguard to connect to your PC as the server for it's check-files and bypass it that way as most do with Anti-cheats that aren't very effective. Phone-home ACs are trash and everyone knows it. Perhaps this is why everyone hates Denuvo lol. It's an invasive piece of Arks trash (pun intended) but it was hard to defeat for awhile there. But then again, it is essentially a rootkit which is troubling to me.

JP server has finished the maintenance, they've taken measures to the issue and resumed the service of personal shops, trading, etc. They said the issue was that there was a way to increase the amount of Meseta in some foul means.

Probably global server will get similar measures and resume personal shops too.

(looks like I double clicked the button)

Suspiciously goes down before new AC scratch (NA) maybe to get ppl to buy them. I actually think it's prob to change coding on NIER items to not be tradeable/sellable.

@ERICK001BC said in So it looks like the shop is down again:

Suspiciously goes down before new AC scratch (NA) maybe to get ppl to buy them. I actually think it's prob to change coding on NIER items to not be tradeable/sellable.

This is unlikely has the shops were down in jp too

Shops are apparently back up in JP now, which is a good sign of not having maintenance extended.

Apparently one of the possibilities was Recycle Badge duping or something(?). Either way, it seems to be fixed. I do still suspect more duping methods were found.

The issue wouldn't have been related to the Nier collab.

1. It happened in both NA & JP.
  2. It happened a day before the Nier collab release.

@TEN-SQUARE-3 said in So it looks like the shop is down again:

I was just speaking to someone in the lobby, and apparently a hacker is going round and can take your clothes and accessories right off you including stuff from SG scratch, this person had it happen to them

Ya, I don't think this really happened.

@NIC said in So it looks like the shop is down again:

Shops are apparently back up in JP now, which is a good sign of not having maintenance extended.

Apparently one of the possibilities was Recycle Badge duping or something(?). Either way, it seems to be fixed. I do still suspect more duping methods were found.

The issue wouldn't have been related to the Nier collab.

1. It happened in both NA & JP.
  2. It happened a day before the Nier collab release.

@TEN-SQUARE-3 said in So it looks like the shop is down again:

I was just speaking to someone in the lobby, and apparently a hacker is going round and can take your clothes and accessories right off you including stuff from SG scratch, this person had it happen to them

Ya, I don't think this really happened.

Yeah, that’s was the general consensus that most people cane too

@HarmlessSyan said in So it looks like the shop is down again:

Who knows, SEGA's spaghetti coding is pretty bad - don't know any other game with over 90k game files. I still remember that one time when PSO2 update overwrote other data on your HD.

HDD Burst.

But yeah. GG is a really bad AC. The only worse one I could think of is easy anticheat that pretty much cut your frame rate in half.

Is this fixed yet?

@RainGnyu Yes for the time being.