So it looks like the shop is down again

@Thedovahmon said in So it looks like the shop is down again:

@TEN-SQUARE-3 said in So it looks like the shop is down again:

I was just speaking to someone in the lobby, and apparently a hacker is going round and can take your clothes and accessories right off you including stuff from SG scratch, this person had it happen to them

Well firstly accessories are no longer items once used so that alone makes that dude's claims a load of Rappy stool. Believe me, I played Digimon Masters, a game with a downright atrocious anticheat and dven it didn't have an exploit as bad as that. In all likeliness, the dude was meming with ya.

Definitely entirely possible, but the person did seem generally upset

@TEN-SQUARE-3 said in So it looks like the shop is down again:

I was just speaking to someone in the lobby, and apparently a hacker is going round and can take your clothes and accessories right off you including stuff from SG scratch, this person had it happen to them

Well firstly accessories are no longer items once used so that alone makes that dude's claims a load of Rappy stool. Believe me, I played Digimon Masters, a game with a downright atrocious anticheat and dven it didn't have an exploit as bad as that. In all likeliness, the dude was meming with ya.

I mean... it wouldn’t be a first time for a PSO title...

@TEN-SQUARE-3 it's easy to imitate emotion in text. One could sound happy for someone for getting a rare drop but be seething with jealously irl. Plus if this were the case then that would warrant a way bigger response than just disabling personal shops and trading and a lot more people would actually be talking about it.

@TEN-SQUARE-3 it's easy to imitate emotion in text. One could sound happy for someone for getting a rare drop but be seething with jealously irl. Plus if this were the case then that would warrant a way bigger response than just disabling personal shops and trading and a lot more people would actually be talking about it.

I say wait until the official reason is out. Neither you or really anyone knows whats going on 100%

@TEN-SQUARE-3 Sounds very implausible to me.

well is not that is impossible to do something like that but unless the servers are in the level of Bethesda servers of Fallout 76 I can't see that happening

Who knows, SEGA's spaghetti coding is pretty bad - don't know any other game with over 90k game files. I still remember that one time when PSO2 update overwrote other data on your HD.

@HarmlessSyan said in So it looks like the shop is down again:

I still remember that one time when PSO2 update overwrote other data on your HD.

That was legendary lol

@n_n said in So it looks like the shop is down again:

I still remember that one time when PSO2 update overwrote other data on your HD.

That was legendary lol

Two steps forward, five steps back.

that is a different thing, also that has happened with other games so you can bet more news about this happening with other games at any moment. Now your character data is from the server and is more difficult to find the errors in the code when you don't have direct access.

@Jamesmor said in So it looks like the shop is down again:

well is not that is impossible to do something like that but unless the servers are in the level of Bethesda servers of Fallout 76 I can't see that happening

I don't think it is possible either unless the person illegally gained high level access to the servers since that is where the data is stored as opposed to back in the day on PSO1 where it is stored on the user's machine.

Fleet discord mentioned dupes again which wouldn't be surprising.

@Gamers-are-so-oppressed said in So it looks like the shop is down again:

Fleet discord mentioned dupes again which wouldn't be surprising.

I tend to agree with them but makes me wonder if it is just the same script with no changes or did SEGA counter it with some countermeasures.

I’m not home right now, is it personal shops down or fresh finds shop?

@Milk said in So it looks like the shop is down again:

I’m not home right now, is it personal shops down or fresh finds shop?

Personal shop and everything else like last time this happened.