@Tec-9-IceFox It's was more of a "if you want to use the S-Grade Augement Transfer method and/or don't want to use as many Gold materials, and want to have a source for other S4s later". For example, on the JP server, I gave my Luster character 3 different element Novel Gunblades with Lifesteal, and I was able to do so by transferring Lifesteal using my extra Atlas weapon.
If you are starting with a Val/Atlas Gunblade that you will then change into a Sword, then it is no big deal in terms of materials.
So as @Valkirth said, you need to source your S-Grade Augments first. Then you just need to decide if you want to keep the Weapons that the S-Grade Augments come from or if you are fine with them being lost as fodder.
If you want to keep them:
- For your S1, you would search the Player Shops for that Augment if you personally haven't found a weapon with it already on it; then you go to Dudu/Monica and use the S-Grade Augment Transfer option to move the S1 to your Atlas Gunblade.
- For the S2 and S3, you need to +35 the Val Weapons that have those Augments as their SAFs, then affix them to the Weapons and use the S-Grade Augment Transfer to add them to your Atlas Gunblade.
- Affix your Atlas Gunblade to add Lifesteal via its SAF.
If you don't mind losing them:
- For your S1, you would search the Player Shops for that Augment if you personally haven't found a weapon with it already on it;
- For the S2 and S3, you need to +35 the Val Weapons that have those Augments as their SAFs;
- Use them all as fodder when affixing your Atlas Gunblade (which will have Lifesteal available as its SAF).
Once you have all the SAFs you want on your weapon, it is just a matter of upslotting if you haven't already, adding your other Augments (Might VI is the SAF from Earth series Melee weapons like Siegkaiser Sword, and you just need to buy the Ability Add support item for Graceful Might), and then changing the Gunblade into a Sword at Zig.