Expanding Ps02's Story

@Golden_Syrup No you really haven't, and my commentaries are not irrelevant. You can't debate like an adult can you? You can't explain why you think an eight year old game needs these large overhauls, that completely change the way the story of the game is written.

@Golden_Syrup You know what I'd like to see, is this game do the equelivent of what SEGA did back when the original Phantasy Star Online came out, and revolutionize MMO's again, by doing something completely original, and not carbon copy every other game in New Genesis. If you don't understand what I mean about PSO, read it's history. The base game should stay as is, as it's already a completed work.

I don't want x aspect of x game in Phantasy Star, I want the same originality I found with PSO2, as it's the first game in some years I've had real fun with. My personal minor gripes aside, found in several other threads. Fresh ideas for a genre that is as unique as the base game is what is needed here. And so far the developer dives done in New Genesis are exactly that. SEGA knows what they are doing in that regard. We don't need some randomized tacked on lore, that you'd want shoehorned into it.

@Nosekyr said in Expanding Ps02's Story And Crimson Menace Sounds Like A Cartoon Dragon.:

I can’t even imagine " Phantaframe Souls XIV " xD

/thread

More seriously and to OP and anyone interested, the one thing Sega has had on it's history, is that they refrain from sticking to the norm. Cars fighting like people? Check. Fish with human faces that talk to you and make fun of you? Check. Games where you play as a dolphin? Check too. Graffiti instead of combat as a game's main mechanic? Yes, for the nth time, yes.

Thing is, while I may be in a love/hate relationship with this dev, and I disliked many things they did, the fact that they still dare to sail new waters regardless of the talented people who left their side, is telling of what they are about. And I do not want that swapped for the generic stuff that's mainstream right now. So no. I don't want PSO Souls. I don't want Skyrim books to read scattered around (we already have those holo whatevers in missions to describe things, after all. No pvp invasions and no things pulled straight from other games just because they were good in that other game.

The very reason Phantasy Star became what it is from the very first game was that drive to be different and do things nobody has ever done before.

So Sega, keep giving me fighting cars and witty human faced fish...

@ZorokiHanuke Ahm.....Sonic the Hedgehog, fastest hedgehog alive. I need not say anymore.

@Anarchy-Marine said in Expanding Ps02's Story And Crimson Menace Sounds Like A Cartoon Dragon.:

@ZorokiHanuke Ahm.....Sonic the Hedgehog, fastest hedgehog alive. I need not say anymore.

Yet... PSO2 is SEGA's highest grossing game of all time, no sonic stuff even comes 1/4 close even if you add it all together.

@Kurumi-Tokisaki That was in reference to what he said about the game having weird stuff in it, like the living train monster in Tokyo. He also mentioned several of SEGA's other games as a reference point. They are known for wacky and unique, which Phantasy Star has plenty of that. That's why it has such a following. Zoro was replying in reference to Golden in that regard, as he wants a more serious tone in these games.

Thus Phantaframe Souls XIV

Sonic '06 nuff said.

@Kurumi-Tokisaki That game lacked the overall quality that PSO2 has. And that was a development standpoint. Sonic in it's prime was and still is considered by many a classic. Had Sonic 06' had more polish, and overall better design, I gaurentee you thatnitbwould have been a fan favorite. Pre-release, I rember the hype for a new generation of Sonic games. Hype that was short lived do to flaws. Flaws that PSO2 as an eight year old game doesn't have. Not to the extremes that Sonic had.

That's why New Genesis is being worked on. I imagine it's going to have the same aesthetic and comedy that this current game has, only better, given what I've seen of the gameplay.

@Anarchy-Marine It'd still need a remade story. Even if Sonic 06 had better gameplay and had none of the bugs it did we'd still have to watch a human make out with a unconscious, Blue Guinea Pig.

@Thedovahmon That never happened, it was just Doctor Eggman's fever dream.

@Anarchy-Marine said in Expanding Ps02's Story:

do you think Dr. Eggman is PSO2's hidden antagonist? When you defeat robots in underground shafts, they drop red meat! That means animals are controlling the robots, right?

@Kurumi-Tokisaki I mean it's possible. This is SEGA we are talking about. In all seriousness, that would make for one hell of an April fools joke.

@Kurumi-Tokisaki said in Expanding Ps02's Story:

do you think Dr. Eggman is PSO2's hidden antagonist? When you defeat robots in underground shafts, they drop red meat! That means animals are controlling the robots, right?

That would kind of explain why Deus Esca keeps pissing on the moon, he's got some of Eggman's genes in him.

@Thedovahmon said in Expanding Ps02's Story:

@Kurumi-Tokisaki said in Expanding Ps02's Story:

That would kind of explain why Deus Esca keeps pissing on the moon, he's got some of Eggman's genes in him.

First I get an explanation as to why robots drop meat and then I get my initial reaction to seeing the moon get blown up. Now this thread is getting good.