Hero is a disappointment

Gonna be the nice person here and say stop replying to the OP since it is obvious they are trolling at this point and refuses to accept any other opinion than their own. As the people before me have said stop feeding the troll.

@YagyuChan Which is a ridiculous statement to make. People replies consist of “git gud” instead of tackling the points I’m trying to convey. I have showcased evidence that’s it’s legit impossible to utilize all of hero’s mechanics in the midst of most battles.

You can’t counter everything when there’s a bunch of mobs and bosses all attacking you at once. I have posted proof of this when showing you footage of s top tier hero player who destroys the toughest bosses almost dying to mobs.

This is why I’m asking y’all to prove that instance an anamoly and post footage of yourselves proving what I’m claimed is wrong. No one has yet

Not to mention the absurd amount of weapon switching you must do to play the class properly. If anything you are the troll

TC making me come out of hiding just to put him in his place.. hi yes the real floac here. clearly instead of putting in the effort to learn the class you would rather just whine over and over about the same redundant thing when people try to prove you wrong with facts and videos.. a lot of them being mine (though a lot of them are also old). 1. yes you have to get used to using all 3 weapons and its not stupid that you have to but you also are not constantly swapping them.. you dont need hero time constantly unless its a raid boss solo. for general mobbing sword is mostly what you will be using.. sometimes final storm with tmg but thats more of an endless thing (a cancer luck based rng garbage quest anyway since at some point it stops being skill and becomes luck for high score) and htf is generally not gonna be used on mobs. talis builds gear well and its dots can be laid down and swapped to a different weapon and they will scale with the atk of the weapon you swapped to including whats on your units. racer edge and talis counter is also solid dps and talis counter has solid range and gear build. (im using jp terms cause im jp only) tmg can build gear and do good dps with moment trick jump cancels on bosses and its counter brand new star is the strongest counter hr has at about 2.8k dps. regular counter can build gear as well if needed.
sword is the primary weapon used to mob and boss and multi boss.. granted bns counter will win on hyper aggressive bosses (not dragon.. or fellwyrm as you call him.. he has ranged resist on legs.. and bns will miss the head) mobbing is brightness end x2 3rd normal bossing is vapor x2 3rd normal or rising slash +1 held slash release to slam x2 3rd normal depending on situation (rising is stronger) with all this said im sure the tc will just ignore this and complain as usual because he is unwilling to practice the class and thats fine. this class is not for everyone. so shut up and stop complaining and go find a different class because a lot of people including myself enjoy this class. if you dont then just git gud. that is all

@Flaoc said in Hero is a disappointment:

TC making me come out of hiding just to put him in his place.. hi yes the real floac here. clearly instead of putting in the effort to learn the class you would rather just whine over and over about the same redundant thing when people try to prove you wrong with facts and videos.. a lot of them being mine (though a lot of them are also old). 1. yes you have to get used to using all 3 weapons and its not stupid that you have to but you also are not constantly swapping them.. you dont need hero time constantly unless its a raid boss solo. for general mobbing sword is mostly what you will be using.. sometimes final storm with tmg but thats more of an endless thing (a cancer luck based rng garbage quest anyway since at some point it stops being skill and becomes luck for high score) and htf is generally not gonna be used on mobs. talis builds gear well and its dots can be laid down and swapped to a different weapon and they will scale with the atk of the weapon you swapped to including whats on your units. racer edge and talis counter is also solid dps and talis counter has solid range and gear build. (im using jp terms cause im jp only) tmg can build gear and do good dps with moment trick jump cancels on bosses and its counter brand new star is the strongest counter hr has at about 2.8k dps. regular counter can build gear as well if needed.
sword is the primary weapon used to mob and boss and multi boss.. granted bns counter will win on hyper aggressive bosses (not dragon.. or fellwyrm as you call him.. he has ranged resist on legs.. and bns will miss the head) mobbing is brightness end x2 3rd normal bossing is vapor x2 3rd normal or rising slash +1 held slash release to slam x2 3rd normal depending on situation (rising is stronger) with all this said im sure the tc will just ignore this and complain as usual because he is unwilling to practice the class and thats fine. this class is not for everyone. so shut up and stop complaining and go find a different class because a lot of people including myself enjoy this class. if you dont then just git gud. that is all

when do you use talis tho? I end up just using it vs Anga, because otherwise I mob way better just sword->tmg->sword

oh forgot to mention one thing.. you literally cannot dodge absolutely everything all the time. if you get hit and lose boost oh well its not the end of the world.. just keep going and counter things to get boost whoopdee doo.. when so much shit is happening at once thats what you have to do. its completely fine and totally normal. even the absolute best hr players cant dodge perfectly all the time.. ruins interval in rondo is a great example because the falz hands are absolutely BULLSHIT. that is all

Swear I wish I wasn’t at work right now with just my phone so I can respond to these posts properly. Smh

@SalutexMO said in Hero is a disappointment:

@YagyuChan Which is a ridiculous statement to make. People replies consist of “git gud” instead of tackling the points I’m trying to convey. I have showcased evidence that’s it’s legit impossible to utilize all of hero’s mechanics in the midst of most battles.

You can’t counter everything when there’s a bunch of mobs and bosses all attacking you at once. I have posted proof of this when showing you footage of s top tier hero player who destroys the toughest bosses almost dying to mobs.

This is why I’m asking y’all to prove that instance an anamoly and post footage of yourselves proving what I’m claimed is wrong. No one has yet

Not to mention the absurd amount of weapon switching you must do to play the class properly. If anything you are the troll

I played Hero since JP release and I know how the class works. you had evidence posted yet you refuse to accept it as evidence. you think Hero you need to be a god tier dodging person well I can tell you no you don't need to. you are calling me a troll yet you refuse to allow other viewpoints to be heard. I heard your viewpoint and many others have but when push comes to shove I feel that you haven't made an effort on that part but in the end I believe I done all I can to convey to you that the class aint bad and would prefer to not engage in a battle.

Honestly dodging isn't even about having god-tier reflexes, it's just learning the boss and its tells before every attack.

Whenever a new boss comes around everyone who's never fought that boss gets hit a lot until they learn the boss. It's a part of the game.

@SeriPSO2 I do understand the mechanics of hero. That isn’t the point. The point is executing all of these mechanics properly under most situations is unreasonable and impractical. A boss fight can be fine because there’s only one enemy that you need to focus on. Deus hunar is tougher than the bosses on the stage 2 portion of the extreme quest, but the fight is much harder because there are multiple enemies spamming at you that a simple dodge/side step won’t cover.

What’s funny is that people are talking about faloc or whatever the hero player name is taking no damage against bosses, but completely ignore the part where he almost dies to random mobs! You accuse me of stonewalling or whatever tho? Come on now

What's funny is that you lack reading comprehension because you're just trolling so it only makes it easier to just meme you instead of taking you seriously.

When you can give counterarguments to any of my previous post and also give a plausible reason, maybe I'll at least give you the benefit of the doubt.

oh forgot to mention one thing.. you literally cannot dodge absolutely everything all the time. if you get hit and lose boost oh well its not the end of the world.. just keep going and counter things to get boost whoopdee doo.. when so much shit is happening at once thats what you have to do. its completely fine and totally normal. even the absolute best hr players cant dodge perfectly all the time.. ruins interval in rondo is a great example because the falz hands are absolutely BULLSHIT. that is all

And this is why its poorly designed because the core aspect of hero's design does not bold well with pso2's chaotic nature. That's one of the points I've been trying to convey to all of you for quite some time now. Thx

Also, having to switch weapons constantly especially utilizing three with multiple PAs on each is faulty game design because controller literally cannot do this part efficiently due to how long the animation is before the actual switching occurs. I've seen plenty of hero players simply to opt for manual, instantaneous switching because it actually makes the class feel like it has some fluidity which controller literally can not do. Not to mention, having to make three weapons all on par with one another because you'll be gimping yourself if you switch to a weaker weapon but you'll also be gimping yourself if you don't switch at all.

It's bad design.

@SalutexMO

Lovely how you had someone who's content was actually being used in this thread to come and talk to you and the best you could muster was repeating yourself. But whatever. Reporting because all you're doing is trolling people now.

@SalutexMO

I actually can’t believe this thread is still going.

I’ve seen stubbornness before but this is next level. When you have 9 pages of people telling you theirs nothing wrong with hero, and you have the actual person that you’ve been referencing coming in and saying you’re wrong the you really need to take a step back and reconsider your position. I don’t understand this obsession of yours that you need to be able to do something perfect 100% of the time or it’s a broken design, especially when numerous people have told you how fast you can regain what you lost. A good hero player can minimise that happening, and can do the runs faster, but you don’t need to be perfect to be doing very fast runs. The only time you would need that kind of precision is when you’re trying to do a high score TA run, in which case you just keep going to look you do that 1 perfect run.

Hero isn’t the only class that loses dps for getting hit. Gunner needs to stay above 75% hp, and stay as close as possibly to enemies to maximise their dps, which is not always possible, and they lose a ton of dps when they can’t. Fighter you need to be under 25% hp to maximise your dps, and force has such low hp and def that even with good gear you can very easily get OHKO. In the case of fighter and force getting hit means eating dirt, and your dps doesn’t drop any lower than that. Does that mean these classes are poorly designed too? No just means they have a higher skill ceiling in order to play effectively

@SalutexMO I don't understand why you've ignored almost every single productive post and only look at the ones being toxic to you. Do you enjoy hurting yourself? You don't even bother responding to something that addresses your topic.

It is okay to get hit with Hero, just because the mechanic penalises you for it doesn't make it bad design because it gives you plenty of methods to regain yourself. You have Hero Counter, Hero Refresh and Hero Will, all to make sure that when you're using this risky style you have ways of regaining your damage boost.

Even if you did have a complaint with the class, it would be a numbers issue, not a design issue (a numbers issue which SEGA has already seen fit to address). Please stop using terms you don't understand.

Last thing to note is that the way you perceive playing the class is, is a you problem. No one else is holding themselves to the standards you're setting here. If that's how you want to perceive optimal Hero play, then okay, but imposing your own standards onto something and calling it bad design is just straight up wrong.

@TEN-SQUARE-3 said in Hero is a disappointment:

@SalutexMO

I actually can’t believe this thread is still going.

I’ve seen stubbornness before but this is next level. When you have 9 pages of people telling you theirs nothing wrong with hero, and you have the actual person that you’ve been referencing coming in and saying you’re wrong the you really need to take a step back and reconsider your position. I don’t understand this obsession of yours that you need to be able to do something perfect 100% of the time or it’s a broken design, especially when numerous people have told you how fast you can regain what you lost. A good hero player can minimise that happening, and can do the runs faster, but you don’t need to be perfect to be doing very fast runs. The only time you would need that kind of precision is when you’re trying to do a high score TA run, in which case you just keep going to look you do that 1 perfect run.

Hero isn’t the only class that loses dps for getting hit. Gunner needs to stay above 75% hp, and stay as close as possibly to enemies to maximise their dps, which is not always possible, and they lose a ton of dps when they can’t. Fighter you need to be under 25% hp to maximise your dps, and force has such low hp and def that even with good gear you can very easily get OHKO. In the case of fighter and force getting hit means eating dirt, and your dps doesn’t drop any lower than that. Does that mean these classes are poorly designed too? No just means they have a higher skill ceiling in order to play effectively

I approve that last part as a Fighter/Hunter that lives close to the edge of death sometimes but I always feel great when I get to the end of that Overload (limit break) with a ton of DPS done and my life/PP restored completely to the max. High risk nets high reward.

And this is why its poorly designed because the core aspect of hero's design does not bold well with pso2's chaotic nature. That's one of the points I've been trying to convey to all of you for quite some time now. Thx

Also, having to switch weapons constantly especially utilizing three with multiple PAs on each is faulty game design because controller literally cannot do this part efficiently due to how long the animation is before the actual switching occurs. I've seen plenty of hero players simply to opt for manual, instantaneous switching because it actually makes the class feel like it has some fluidity which controller literally can not do. Not to mention, having to make three weapons all on par with one another because you'll be gimping yourself if you switch to a weaker weapon but you'll also be gimping yourself if you don't switch at all.

It's bad design.

soooo basically you chose to completely ignore everything i said and continue on with the same bullshit you were spouting earlier? fantastic. funny how you use my videos and then complain about controller as well and fail to realize guess what? im a controller user myself. do everyone a favor and stop talking because you clearly have no idea what you are talking about. the only bad design here is you yourself. good day.