Hero is a disappointment

The OP is just pulling people’s legs now because they themselves doesn’t have the slightest idea how the hero class plays in the first place nor any mechanics whatsoever.

It is their burden of proof to provide a plausible argument as to why the class is bad design and what changes would make it good. So far, they haven’t provide anything that hasn’t been countered.

They still haven’t provide me a quest that reflect what they’ve claimed where 99% of content is so chaotic with 20+ bombarding the hr and there’s no downtime for the hr to maintain their boost...etc,

@SeriPSO2 said in Hero is a disappointment:

The OP is just pulling people’s legs now because they themselves doesn’t have the slightest idea how the hero class plays in the first place nor any mechanics whatsoever.

It is their burden of proof to provide a plausible argument as to why the class is bad design and what changes would make it good. So far, they haven’t provide anything that hasn’t been countered.

They still haven’t provide me a quest that reflect what they’ve claimed where 99% of content is so chaotic with 20+ bombarding the hr and there’s no downtime for the hr to maintain their boost...etc,

Agreed - a flat-line argument with zero effort to learn from what i can see.

Thread is going in circles already. Not gonna tell anybody to stop posting, but I think you all already know what will keep happening here if you continue to do so.

OP is sure the class needs changing, but that change won't come, because other than the buff JP has that we apparently don't have yet, anything else won't be done solely because all resources are focused on NG. Maybe after NG, class revisions may become a focus again. But for now, we get what we get. Take it or leave it.

Its crazy that people post a video from probably the best hero player in the world as retaliation to the points I've made. In that video, that dude literally had to cast techniques and put those into his sub-palette for that particular scenario.

I suppose not using technqiues as hero also means i'm bad now huh? Lmao

Anybody want to record themselves playing as hero in a ultimate quest or uq without taking damage by countering everything, be my guest.

Just have fun! I think some people get to caught up that they forget to just have fun. Having fun is actually hard than most people think!

Hell I almost got caught up!

@SalutexMO Ummm I posted that video of another JP player soloing Primordial Darkness Sodam - it was story mode but it's part of the Primordial Darkness UQ. They used all 3 weapons, as for techniques, they definitely at least use shifta, and then they did zanverse for hero finish at times - to "optimize" damage.

I don't know what's your obsession with not taking any damage - yes it's going to lower your damage when you fail dodge but you just build it back up. You get rewarded when you dodge properly with a powerful counter and punished when you fail, seems pretty fair trade off. Flaoc has plenty of no damage videos if you want to go that route, some are pretty rough Divide Quest stages like Shiva + Varuna fight which even he was surprised that he took no damage. It's about game balance, not creating a class that overpowers everything else.

As for putting skills/techs on subpallete is normal, even putting PAs on subpalletes is a thing.

They used techs to pass the stage order by statusing the enemy. They could have done it without that.

This whole post just seems like bait now. Find any excuse you can to say that hero is bad design. Repeat points. When refuted with irrefutable, just get louder.

@SalutexMO said in Hero is a disappointment:

Its crazy that people post a video from probably the best hero player in the world as retaliation to the points I've made. In that video, that dude literally had to cast techniques and put those into his sub-palette for that particular scenario.

Anybody want to record themselves playing as hero in a ultimate quest or uq without taking damage by countering everything, be my guest.

I can’t back my claims up at this point so I might as well let it keep snowballing here.

The amount of ignorance is astounding, especially when there’s more than enough comments here answering your arugments. You just don’t want to heed it.

At this point, just swallow your pride and admit the fact that you should’ve put more time to learning the class, and contents before going on a public forum with a subject like this. Especially if you barely know anything from the start other than the bare minimum. Not like there’s a punishment for being wrong, just learn and move on.

@SeriPSO2 I do understand the mechanics of hero. That isn’t the point. The point is executing all of these mechanics properly under most situations is unreasonable and impractical. A boss fight can be fine because there’s only one enemy that you need to focus on. Deus hunar is tougher than the bosses on the stage 2 portion of the extreme quest, but the fight is much harder because there are multiple enemies spamming at you that a simple dodge/side step won’t cover.

What’s funny is that people are talking about faloc or whatever the hero player name is taking no damage against bosses, but completely ignore the part where he almost dies to random mobs! You accuse me of stonewalling or whatever tho? Come on now

@SalutexMO people are not machines, and makes mistakes if the guy almost die to random mobs thats enough proof and he know what he have to do, to do better and is not crying in a public forum that one of the most OP classes that can easilly overdps most classes even when taking damage. You just dont know how to play, dont know how to build up, and by now i can say you dont know how to play the class, PAs/Techs or no PAs/Techs or subpalletes or whatever. Just relax you cant be good with al classes i suck at casting classes and im not putting a complain "cause the force is garbage" i suck at it.

@SalutexMO said in Hero is a disappointment:

Yes, not using techniques as Hero means you're not playing it right because literally one of your skill tree choices boosts your hero gauge BASED ON THE DIFFERENT TECHNIQUES and photon arts you use.

@Kurumi-Tokisaki lmao

So now to play hero sub-optimally means to use techs when the vast majority of this person’s vids have literally no technique use?

I guess that faloc Guy sucks as hero. Come on now kid

@Kurumi-Tokisaki why is there not a like option in the forum(? xD

Honestly tempted to just report the thread for false flagging to have it taken down. There's no productive conversation anymore. There's been plenty of counter points given against the OP's issues and all they're doing is responding to the easy replies completely ignoring any counter points given to the stated issues.

And when accused of this they respond with either a deflection or a moving of the goal post.

@Knight-Raime i ll join on this one