Hero is a disappointment

Wow......all you guys are really good. I must be to old to play this game.

@Asthralic It happens in any game if a class, job, set of moves require any sort of skill, it's "bad design" being said as a coping mechanic for these people. Though i always get a good laugh out of the ones that try to put up their personal opion in such a way it seems like an objective fact.

In general, if A class is too hard for you to use or the game is too hard for you to handle or a certain boss fight/urgent Quest is too much for you, Just say Bad design to help you sleep better at night.

@Tori said in Hero is a disappointment:

This is a random Gu/Fi Rondo. I skimmed the video, and there are points at which the player gets hit, and this is on a class which has one of the biggest mobility/aerial/dodge tools comparatively. The player is also not playing from under 50% hp, because it isn't necessary. Just because it would be optimal to "not take lifesteal or sustain" and play from <50 because it gives you Deadline Slayer or something stupid. Knowing when the conditionals you have are not feasible or needed for what you're doing is part of knowing the class.

That video actually is an example of optimal play. Perfectionist is the larger boost when compared to the x-line Slayer skills, so eating and healing off hits that don't pass the 75% and 20% in x seconds thresholds is what you want to do if it lets you keep shooting. It's actually a direct reinforcement to your argument that you don't have to dodge literally everything to be optimal. Uptime>unrealized potential damage after all.

Damn, I guess OP probably think that fighter is a badly design class too then.

People dont like the easier class to play in the game xD not to say the most broken one.

I want someone here to record themselves while fighting a bunch of mobs in a urgent quest or UQ and not take any damage, while consistently hero countering and while constantly switching weapons. So far no one has been able to back up their claims with anything objective.

Or we can all get off our high horse and realize not taking damage by relying on some pathetic side step to dodge waves of attacks by a bunch of enemies all attacking you at the same time is nothing short of trash design which is why sega even buffed hero in that regard.

Example: please tell me how tf i'm not supposed to take any damage and counter and do damage during stage 2 of the latest extreme quest when there's 4 bosses all attacking me at once. Please show me footage of someone accomplishing such a feat. I'll wait.

@SalutexMO said in Hero is a disappointment:

I want someone here to record themselves while fighting a bunch of mobs in a urgent quest or UQ and not take any damage, while consistently hero countering and while constantly switching weapons. So far no one has been able to back up their claims with anything objective.

Or we can all get off our high horse and realize not taking damage by relying on some pathetic side step to dodge waves of attacks by a bunch of enemies all attacking you at the same time is nothing short of trash design which is why sega even buffed hero in that regard.

Example: please tell me how tf i'm not supposed to take any damage and counter and do damage during stage 2 of the latest extreme quest when there's 4 bosses all attacking me at once. Please show me footage of someone accomplishing such a feat. I'll wait.

You arent going to be the only one attacked in a UQ so that point is moot. Im gonna keep it raw with you. Youre garbage at the class, and ignorant to boot. Accept it and move on.

If you don't have the skill, the class isn't for you. For those of us who have played since JP release and/or have a good understanding of Hero, this class is an absolute monster/beast to play as. Maximizing your Hero Refresh and Hero Boost is an important part of getting the most out of your DPS too, which you can only do if you swap and use a wide variety of the photon arts/techniques/perfect counters.

@Kurumi-Tokisaki said in Hero is a disappointment:

If you don't have the skill, the class isn't for you. For those of us who have played since JP release and/or have a good understanding of Hero, this class is an absolute monster/beast to play as. Maximizing your Hero Refresh and Hero Boost is an important part of getting the most out of your DPS too, which you can only do if you swap and use a wide variety of the photon arts/techniques/perfect counters.

This is the perfect reply to the OP in my eyes.

Dodge into the nearest attack and use the Starfire Squall counter. It's got iframes throughout the whole thing, hits hard, and pierces. Haven't tried it yet, but you might even be able to dodge cancel it into itself. If not, just time it normally. The hard part is weaving your normal rotation into that. If you're getting attacks tossed at you from every direction constantly, you can just rely fully on counters.

Has anyone done the calculations on comparative DPS if you alternate getting smacked by an attack and countering the next one? Like if the enemies attack at the perfect speed to pull that off with zero downtime, are you doing better or worse than other classes using their options with the same timing?

Dude stop just stop..........it ok to be wrong in your assessment and it is ok not being good. It just a game. Sometimes you just have to accept the fact that you are just not good at one game or another.

@AiC-L said in Hero is a disappointment:

Dodge into the nearest attack and use the Starfire Squall counter. It's got iframes throughout the whole thing, hits hard, and pierces. Haven't tried it yet, but you might even be able to dodge cancel it into itself. If not, just time it normally. The hard part is weaving your normal rotation into that. If you're getting attacks tossed at you from every direction constantly, you can just rely fully on counters.

Has anyone done the calculations on comparative DPS if you alternate getting smacked by an attack and countering the next one? Like if the enemies attack at the perfect speed to pull that off with zero downtime, are you doing better or worse than other classes using their options with the same timing?

@AiC-L You can dodge cancel it.

https://youtu.be/u6it8wwUiAg?t=85

People can make mistakes man, even if you cant dodge all of the attacks is something that ll happen. But if you dont like the class, the class is not bargage is just you dont liking it, and that... is your problem, you have to accept that you are not good with the class, and that there is a lot of people that doesnt know how to optimize it, i myself am much more better with fighter, but still my first S with PD, Phaleg and Black dragon were with Hero, its not that im skilled with the class, the class is just broken.

@Theuberclips said in Hero is a disappointment:

https://youtu.be/u6it8wwUiAg?t=85

Was going to upload the same video....

All i hear is someone whom isn't "the best" at the class, complaining that hes not "good enough" to his own standards and whinges that the class isn't "two button i win"

Seriously, the people have explained the premise over and over, but your own ego is now in the way, not the "class unbalance" or alike. You are the issue.

As i tend to say working in IT - User error is the number one cause for most issues - and in this case, i would say "indeed"