Hero is a disappointment

hero can basically ignore entire mechanics, counter lava, counter time stop, counter A B C D E F, and then there's this filthy casual calling Hero bad because he's uber garbage at it. stop talking for everyone and git gud or play something else. ignorant people like u are the reason why SEGA gotta turn this game from a challenge into a walk in the park. all you people ever do is beg and beg and beg for classes to be buffed reworked, without having a single fucking PROPER experience in it. why dont you ask sega to make you a class that clears the quest the very moment it starts too, since you dont wanna put effort into learning a class and playing it. pso2 can be PVE only, and telling a retard to learn it COMPETITIVELY is a wrong statement here, but pls, shut the fuck up and git gud. there are classes getting buffs that arent needed and there is a single class that has yet to see a fucking buff to this day.

@Asthralic

I mean the post is peak "learn your class" but this response is entirely not called for. Leave your micro agrression and personal hang ups at the door please. No one wants to deal with it.

@SalutexMO said in Hero is a disappointment:

@TEN-SQUARE-3 said in Hero is a disappointment:

@TEN-SQUARE-3 That person probably isn't that good then. The pa weapon swap is unreliable because it takes to long to actually swap.

I just showed you a video of a top tier hero player who physically cannot dodge mobs because the gameplay is too chaotic to see every single attack made by every single enemy at every single moment. It's bad design. The class was made for fighting straightforward bosses not for the majority of the content.

Here a link of a hero player doing exactly what you said can’t be done

https://youtu.be/6KP969GXSdQ

And as for that person not being that good they’ve unlocked both ‘a worthy opponent for fiends’ and ‘mad lethal combat fury’ titles

Is that the phaleg title? If so, that's not that impressive as hero. Even I beat her and my hero is horrible. Phaleg is one of the easiest things to beat as hero because her fight isn't chaotic and very straighfoward.

Where as 99% of the game is a complete chaotic mess where side stepping perfectly at every point in time and switching weapons is completely unrealistic that not even the best hero players can do

Those are the titles for S ranking Phaleg and the extreme quest madness and phantasims (the later being needed for expert filter). Not sure wether they’ve beaten the side story version of Phaleg as hero, has they s ranked it a while ago

@TEN-SQUARE-3 That person probably isn't that good then. The pa weapon swap is unreliable because it takes to long to actually swap.

I just showed you a video of a top tier hero player who physically cannot dodge mobs because the gameplay is too chaotic to see every single attack made by every single enemy at every single moment. It's bad design. The class was made for fighting straightforward bosses not for the majority of the content.

And as for that person not being that good they’ve unlocked both ‘a worthy opponent for fiends’ and ‘mad lethal combat fury’ titles

TC this is the post where you should have just shut up and gone home.

I also want to point out that I snagged some 15* TMG and I main tmg on Hero atm. It’s amazing btw, js.

@SalutexMO Uninstall the game, dedicate yourself to knitting or something, NO! better poetry or singing, you obviously suck with motor skills.

@Cult said in Hero is a disappointment:

Is this aimed at me? If it is what exactly about it means I should shut up and go home?

@Cult said in Hero is a disappointment:

Is this aimed at me? If it is what exactly about it means I should shut up and go home?

It was meaning that the link you provide crapped on all of his points about a character he doesn’t know how to play. Topic creator wasn’t you lol, so no sir ❤

It is entirely called for because of people like this that goes and put up their trash votes up to sega's pools is what results into them nerfing or buffing something that 70% of the time doesn't even NEED it. Check up your facts before you talk shit and make sure you have knowledge of what the hell you are talking about.

@Prancing_Cat said in Hero is a disappointment:

@SalutexMO Uninstall the game, dedicate yourself to knitting or something, NO! better poetry or singing, you obviously suck with motor skills.

Was able to beat behemoth solo in HR before iceborne, beat alatreon, fatalis solo, can even beat solo profound darkness and require an s-rank and defeat phaleg with a class I just started using.

Don't think it's that simple that I just suck at games in general, hero is just poorly designed. It's designed only for bosses with very straightforward attack patterns that you can reliably counter. You can't physically not get touched with mobs focused on you because there are too many attacks going on at once around you and you can't dodge through all of those frames, which is the vast majority of content.

Also, forcing to have to switch so often is very tedious and pretty unreliable on any tool except a keyboard since you can't switch weapons instantaneously otherwise. Also there's another huge problem where you have to invest huge amounts of time and affixes to weapons you don't want to use because hero demands you switch weapons so often. So if you don't make all weapons on par with eachother, you'll be gimping yourself by switching to inferior weapons but hero requires you to constantly switch. See where i'm going with this?

@Asthralic

Yeah nah that's small pp energy buddy. Being an absolute bafoon to someone because you don't like how Sega takes feedback isn't alright. Nothing ever justifies your attitude let alone a medium meant for enjoyment.

@Asthralic said in Hero is a disappointment:

It is entirely called for because of people like this that goes and put up their trash votes up to sega's pools is what results into them nerfing or buffing something that 70% of the time doesn't even NEED it. Check up your facts before you talk shit and make sure you have knowledge of what the hell you are talking about.

IIrc, sega actually already buffed Hero. They buffed an aspect of Hero that I mentioned that needed to be looked at. So I guess I actually am on to something here lol sorry that even Sega agrees that hero is poorly designed and needs work to actually feel fun and rewarding and not tedious and dissatisfying.

@Prancing_Cat said in Hero is a disappointment:

Was able to beat behemoth solo in HR before iceborne, beat alatreon, fatalis solo, can even beat solo profound darkness and require an s-rank and defeat phaleg with a class I just started using.

Don't think it's that simple that I just suck at games in general, hero is just poorly designed. It's designed only for bosses with very straightforward attack patterns that you can reliably counter. You can't physically not get touched with mobs focused on you because there are too many attacks going on at once around you and you can't dodge through all of those frames, which is the vast majority of content.

Also, forcing to have to switch so often is very tedious and pretty unreliable on any tool except a keyboard since you can't switch weapons instantaneously otherwise. Also there's another huge problem where you have to invest huge amounts of time and affixes to weapons you don't want to use because hero demands you switch weapons so often. So if you don't make all weapons on par with eachother, you'll be gimping yourself by switching to inferior weapons but hero requires you to constantly switch. See where i'm going with this?

Just because you can play other games and classes to a high skill level doesn’t mean you can do everything to the same standard. I’m in the same boat with gunner, I can play other games to a very high level I can s rank everything in the game with force and bouncer, but my dps sucks with gunner, and most people consider that one of the highest dps classes in the game. For whatever reason I just suck at playing gunner, not that it’s a bad class.

Your whole argument comes down I’m good at other stuff, so the fact I can’t play hero to the level I want their must be something wrong with the class, not the fact that at this point I’m time you’re just not very good at playing the class. Every point you’ve made about the class, numerous people have said they don’t have an issue with, and manage just fine even on a controller. That being said that doesn’t mean with practise you can’t get better, or it’s possible that what ever reason you just can’t play hero that well, if that ends up being the case, that is something you are just going to have to accept and either stick with something you are good at, or keep trying, but your current lack of ability with the class does not make it a poorly designed class.

I'm confused by something that has been getting mentioned. why would we be worried about SEGA buffs/nerfs if people complained. I was under the impression we are only at the point of having 8 years worth of changes and extensions given to us in an accelerated rate till we catch up with JP. won't that mean our path is pretty much carved out in advance.

dont @ me role player, best go back to IMVU so you can actually feel relevant enough to call yourself "Knight". Also, SEGA buffs/nerfs things according to player feedback on their pools, however, most of these people don't play a class to its peak and already complains about it. SEGA asks "So did you play it?", in which they proceed to reply "I have it levelled". Having something levelled and complaining =/= playing it to its maximum capacity and complaining.

Hero can counter everything, even air if you bet on it. It also had 60% multipliers + 55% crit -> got changed to 80% multipliers +150% crit, although crit chance is limited to weakspots. However, although hero takes a whole lot of damage, 10% less if Flash guard maxed, Hero's most damage comes from counters and non-stop attacking, it has very short delays in which you can step counter any attack at any given time, it also has very fast pp regen and mobility, vertical tracking and etc. Hero isn't a garbage design, it's called an advanced class for a reason. It's easy to pickup, hard to actually master it, just like hunter. Counters recover 20% of its multiplier and it also doesn't take time to charge anymore before quest starts, compared to previously where you had to wait a minute to get the entire bonus and lose it whenever you got hit for over 20% of your health. From all classes, Hero has the highest multiplier when it comes to skilltrees, being 80% from hero boost (previously 60%), 50% and 50% for hero weapons, which are bonuses. Whereas every other class has at most, 40%, 50%, such as fighter (40% multis from Brave, 45% from fury), Hunter (50% from guard stance advance upon charge parry or blaze parry). Hero isn't a class made to face tank, it's a class made to be evasive, ruthless, yet 95% of the people who play hero are literally people trying to face tank everything and not learning the game properly and then calling a class "bad designed".

can't imagine playing a buffed class and still crying about it being badly designated, git gud.

Edit: oh also, one more thing, hero's steps/dodges are far longer compared to the usual classes that invest 3 points into sidestep plus to gain half of it. if you are still having troubles to dodge things with this much of i-frame, you actually really need to git gud.

@Asthralic

Yes yes we've established that the op has some training to do with the class. Still doesn't excuse your attitude though.