Hero is a disappointment

@ZeeHero9271 said in Hero is a disappointment:

Hero is good class design. requires skilled practically perfect dodging to maximize, but easy to pick up and play decently. it's not "Easy mode" Br/hu is WAY easier than Hero can ever be..

I feel Br/Hu is the easiest combo in the game tbh but that is just my opinion xD As for me I have a Hero alt but I still prefer to stick out till Etoile for my main to swap or maybe Phantom I am not sure yet.

i totally disagree, but if you define a class that requires high player skills to play properly as bad designed, then yes it is bad designed.

Personally, I finally had the pleasure to play as hero and I got my class character all the way to level 65.

The Good: When used correctly ( Im using a controller BTW..), you can assign your trigger buttons , In this case I set it up on my R[Top] trigger to be able to switch weapons neatly and flawlessly, because , Some situations do require melee combat with the sword, and in some instances it allows you to change to the twin machine guns and finally- with a very nice talis [The talis get some getting used to use BTW, but its very do-able.], you can easy mop-up large mobs. As an added benefit, you can use Techniques to provide support. Sadly though- there is no "Reverser" [ To revive dead players], Is there.?

The Bad: A hero - you are not allowed a Sub-class , Also If you are one of those people that just decided to hoard all those +EXP tickets, well you can at least get to level 20 , Assuming that you have that many tickets saved up.

My final two-cents:

I am starting to like the hero class alot, By contrast though- when you get really good at it and so used to it, going back to another class that we all started with feels a bit .. weird. xD

@SalutexMO said in Hero is a disappointment:

Ty for this comment. Also, I read a lot of your posts and I think you are being a little too hard on yourself. You are probably just selling yourself short but I do appreciate the sentiment regardless.

Maybe I am. But at least I have something to point tryhards to when they for some reason tell me I'm a bad player. At least I can tell them with all the confidence in the world that I know and I don't mind it. 🤣 I know my biggest problem other than health and overall low skill is my lack of in-game contact with others due to a few reasons that are better told on another story. Still I try to have as much fun as I can without letting my limitations bother me too much. And I think that's how I can at least advice others to improve their play and enjoy the game.

@DDDDLife Found no problems at all with what you call 'the bad". The only loss would be the extra 5% that we'd be getting from a sub class level 80 skill and any further customization players may have to play the class differently. The rest of the stuff as class skills go is there to compensate for the lack of a sub. As for tickets, when I dumped those I had on this class I got to level 49.

I was being a bit irrational throughout this topic and sort of made it out of spite for trying out the class for the first time and failing at it. I've obtained mad lethal combat fury and worthy opponent for fiends recently after learning tmg alongside sword. I do feel this class is too punishiable when it comes to mobbing because hero counter will not be anywhere near as relevant when fighting bosses but it isn't impossible like I used to believe. I do appreciate some of the responses barring the "git gud" ones.

Get Gud....because I suck at this game and I need a Hero of Hope (Like yourself) to look up to!!

On the real good job now give me some pointers........please!

@GM-Deynger said in Hero is a disappointment:

Hi all,

Remember, that as there are no damage meters in PSO2, you shouldn't feel compelled to use a certain playstyle. For instance, I am enjoying Hero greatly, namely because I am allowing myself to enjoy it using only Twin Machine Guns. I do switch my Photon Arts to charge Hero Boost faster, but I am not going to switch weapons as quickly as the class can. There are situations where I will, but my general play style is not to. And that's fine. If you're playing a game, you should enjoy it.

This is true and this is what my mind used to be fixed on so heavily for whatever reason. I realized my approach and over thinking was the problem and not really the class itself. I appreciate the responses here and sorry for the commotion I caused with my poor attitude.

Especially to @ZorokiHanuke response which really resonated with me. I was taking my performance too seriously which was probably causing me to fail more than thrive. If I delete the op, will the entire thread disappear? Because that's what I want

@RainGnyu said in Hero is a disappointment:

I was being a bit irrational throughout this topic and sort of made it out of spite for trying out the class for the first time and failing at it. I've obtained mad lethal combat fury and worthy opponent for fiends recently after learning tmg alongside sword. I do feel this class is too punishiable when it comes to mobbing because hero counter will not be anywhere near as relevant when fighting bosses but it isn't impossible like I used to believe. I do appreciate some of the responses barring the "git gud" ones.

Get Gud....because I suck at this game and I need a Hero of Hope (Like yourself) to look up to!!

I mostly just use sword and tmg, I don't pay much attention to talis because i'm not that comfortable but there's tons of room for improvement. The mad lethal combat thing was way harder than phaleg for me personally. There's a nice guide on reddit that goes over hero that someone just released. You should check that out and it may help.

@Kitsunefox412 the definition of Good class design is easy to play PROPERLY and hard to play WELL. Easy to learn hard to master.

Hero's alright. It's not hard at all for me, but it feels kind of limited. I haven't thoroughly explored all of it, but I definitely feel like I get more out of Braver. It's a whole lot better than Summoner though imo.

@SalutexMO I'd say, instead of deleting the OP, edit it reflecting what you have learned along the way. Maybe left the original message intact while adding an edit above it with your new views so people can easily see it. I personally like it when threads evolve into something good, and the whole thing should be available so others can learn as well, that people can change opinions and forge ahead with things.

@ApollosAmour

Having looked into later successor classes more in depth over the past week i'm going to have to agree with some of your statement. Hero definitely looks like building blocks for design of the other successor ones. Wouldn't say this makes Hero bad (nor am I accusing you of saying such,) but it's probably going to remain a popular pick for a long time simply because it's far more simple compared to what we're going to be getting in the near future.

I mostly just use sword and tmg, I don't pay much attention to talis because i'm not that comfortable but there's tons of room for improvement. The mad lethal combat thing was way harder than phaleg for me personally. There's a nice guide on reddit that goes over hero that someone just released. You should check that out and it may help.

Cool! Thank you!

Can you just keep playing your main and subclass and be as strong as the Hero class and those to come?

@RainGnyu From what I understand, Gu/Fi is either the strongest or among the strongest in JP. Not sure if this is before or after Luster, though. Still proves that classic classes can keep up, if you dedicate enough time and gear to them.

Can you just keep playing your main and subclass and be as strong as the Hero class and those to come?

My Fi/Hu outdamages my Hero but Hero has a ton more mobility making it much easier to keep up with mobile bosses and groups of mobs.

In the future, the other successor classes will be able to be used as a subclass and that has lead to quite a few strong combos.