Hero is a disappointment

@SalutexMO You're probably playing the class wrong, just because it uses multiple weapons doesn't mean you have to use them, most Hero's I know tend to use mostly TMGs. I use all the weapons but my favorite is using Talis and it's far more powerful than you think, also I'll be honest, the new classes coming are all similar hybrids too.

Gunner has an entire weapon action that evades nearly everything with tons of i-frames. There’s no way that’s the gunner’s equivalent of a hero’s defense.

Even the “Chad hero” player admitted that there’s no way you won’t take a bunch of damage as hero. Why? Because you don’t have the tools necessary not to. Literally his own words not mine

But the points I were making went over a lot of people’s heads like when someone linking a video of a player using techniques as a refute to my claims regarding hero counter lol

@SalutexMO Ok. What do you want to hear? Everyone agreeing with you that Hero is bad design? Yes, all classes have some bad design on them because they were made by human devs. They all have imperfect stuff because what humans make is not perfect. But what different people see bad on a class is not what the others may see, so those imperfections usually stay because it's impossible to please everyone. Meaning, those who are fine with the class will never say it's badly designed.

In your case, what you may propose to "fix" the class will alienate a bunch of other people, by either making the class too meme-easy or unbalanced. That's the core of what we should be seeing here. Of course, since the class won't be fixed because you asked for it, you will have to deal with it, regardless of how badly designed it is to your eyes.

I won't call you a bad player like the others are doing, and I also won't try to change your opinion. But it's also clear you won't change the opinion of the others posting here. Nobody will see the "light of your truth and fact" because they had a completely different experience from you, and they simply can't find a way nor reason to relate to what you say. And that's exactly why this thread will continue to run in circles until it dies, gets forgotten, and some noob in 2023 decides to necro it.

This isn't the answer you are looking for, but it's the answer you get, and from what I see, it's the more polite answer you may have been given so far.

Hi all,

Remember, that as there are no damage meters in PSO2, you shouldn't feel compelled to use a certain playstyle. For instance, I am enjoying Hero greatly, namely because I am allowing myself to enjoy it using only Twin Machine Guns. I do switch my Photon Arts to charge Hero Boost faster, but I am not going to switch weapons as quickly as the class can. There are situations where I will, but my general play style is not to. And that's fine. If you're playing a game, you should enjoy it.

@GM-Deynger said in Hero is a disappointment:

Hi all,

Remember, that as there are no damage meters in PSO2, you shouldn't feel compelled to use a certain playstyle. For instance, I am enjoying Hero greatly, namely because I am allowing myself to enjoy it using only Twin Machine Guns. I do switch my Photon Arts to charge Hero Boost faster, but I am not going to switch weapons as quickly as the class can. There are situations where I will, but my general play style is not to. And that's fine. If you're playing a game, you should enjoy it.

I believe I said it elsewhere, but I'm mostly in the same boat. Hero is a bit squishy, and with squishy classes, I prefer to stay at a distance. So I play Hero with TMG and Talis only. I've never been a big fan of melee classes anyway in any games. I prefer Etoile/Superstar the most out of the Scion classes.

Hi all,

I agree with this statement and personally for me I use the Sword a lot since I am used to be close as a Fighter usually. As for the later scion classes I am a Phantom inside but tbh Etoile has my favourite weapons so I cannot choose.

@coldreactive said in Hero is a disappointment:

Hi all,

I believe I said it elsewhere, but I'm mostly in the same boat. Hero is a bit squishy, and with squishy classes, I prefer to stay at a distance. So I play Hero with TMG and Talis only. I've never been a big fan of melee classes anyway in any games. I prefer Etoile/Superstar the most out of the Scion classes.

elder pain omega is the #1 reason I play hero, i can beat on the enemy and take no damage because one auto attack = full heal my hp, or i stay doing the sword slash combo and never lose any HP. xD

I was being a bit irrational throughout this topic and sort of made it out of spite for trying out the class for the first time and failing at it. I've obtained mad lethal combat fury and worthy opponent for fiends recently after learning tmg alongside sword. I do feel this class is too punishiable when it comes to mobbing because hero counter will not be anywhere near as relevant when fighting bosses but it isn't impossible like I used to believe. I do appreciate some of the responses barring the "git gud" ones.

@SalutexMO a little bit was not enough to describe it, still Hero is a class that requires pratice to fully use it I know that because I was bad when I started to play Hero and was taking much damage but now I barely take any damage and use the rotation of the 3 weapons constantly to charge faster my Hero Time, so the "git gud" is real so train and train more and in one moment you gonna notice the potential of this class.

also Hero counter is not difficult to hit with TMG and Talis unless is a boss that moves too much in those cases don't bother trying to hit it and just do it to recover the bonus damage

@SalutexMO Glad you are coming to terms with the class. I also found some new things to do with it. I'll never be good at anything in this game, but I'm still having some fun with these classes. And hero sorts of nudges me to go fast and do things in stylish ways. So I hope you end up having fun with the class.

I wonder if all classes had guns as an option which do almost as much damage as melee, would anyone ever use melee weapons? The answer is, probably not.

I can't say i disagree, considering how fighting gets more annoying in every new map, and with every "new" enemy. Not to mention the multiple bosses with an army of mooks gangbanging you from all around, because "challenge". Really, gangbang is the perfect description of what kind of fight that is. I will just copy the definition of the word from google "the successive rape of one person by a group of people." Ugh...

Of course when you play solo, it's going to be the same whether you have ranged options or not. Need to prove MMO is a fitting tag, very forcefully.

The problem here is the OP simply does not enjoy the playstyle. the class is amazing and fun.

Keep in mind you don't have to use all 3 weapons, in fact you can make a decent hero build on JUST sword. I use Sword and TMG becuase Dante from DMC lol.

So lemme get this straight.... OP is bad, and its the classes' fault............

Hero isn't bad, I'm so tired of seeing this threads. I HAAAATE plAying hero, because its literally easy mode. You don't need to switch weapons to fill guage, using the same weapon swapping Pas will fill it just fine. Just doooo damagge... This class does ridiculous damage, know how to dodge? cool you'll be fine. cant dodge? hey you have a built in iron will still dying somehow? you cn get more hp and defense! (hope no one is this far reliant on their skill tree for defense)

If you're having so much trouble switching pallets on controller, switch during your PAs. You can switch while an attack animation is going, and hit whichever button you use to swap as the animation ends,t here ya go. This is how I switch to my katana exactly as last nemesis hits my target, practice for literally 5 minutes and you'll be good.

This tho: "TLDR: Hero is far too overwhelming, tedious and it's design is essentially at odds with the core gameplay design of PSO2."

breh..... if its overwhelming then idk what to tell you the class is just dodge, spam, dodge spam hero time.... there's nothing tedious about holding down rising slash or w/e its called like half the heroes we see or holding tmg autos and clicking brand new star after a dodge. its REALLY straightforward. The only thing at odds is appearantly your fingers and your controller

And I'm just waiting as every Scion/Succesor Class comes out. Waiting for people to complain about literal endgame classes being "a dissapointment" These threads are a joke, go play Fighter in episode 6 if u wanna talk about "oVeRwHElMinG"

@ZorokiHanuke said in Hero is a disappointment:

@SalutexMO Glad you are coming to terms with the class. I also found some new things to do with it. I'll never be good at anything in this game, but I'm still having some fun with these classes. And hero sorts of nudges me to go fast and do things in stylish ways. So I hope you end up having fun with the class.

Ty for this comment. Also, I read a lot of your posts and I think you are being a little too hard on yourself. You are probably just selling yourself short but I do appreciate the sentiment regardless.

Hero is good class design. requires skilled practically perfect dodging to maximize, but easy to pick up and play decently. it's not "Easy mode" Br/hu is WAY easier than Hero can ever be..