Starter Outfit for 400SG?!

SEGA what the hell is this? SCAM?

pso20201010_195731_001.jpg

pso20201010_204129_002.jpg

Let's be honest, that changes the bottom part, and you can use a color pass to change its sides.

It is bullshit and I wouldn't buy it. But eh...

Though it's still a fylling robe. The Ruby version uses a color scheme that cant be replicated on either shop available robe, 400 is very ridiculous sure, but it isn't exactly like the other robes either. Also the fylling robe is one of the better default outfits so y'know.

Well yea when there are "2 texture sets" they inverted the one that can be dyed. Still chargin 400SG for a starter outfit which can be bought for 1500 Meseta..... i feel sry for those who got scammed because they didn't know about the outfit.

Think that is bad? Screenshot 2020-10-10 234616.png

I seriously thought that's pure white... and spent 400 SG on it.

Turns out:

Screenshot 2020-10-10 234703.png

Remember back then we don't have preview in FF... I dunno how many ppl r "scammed" by this kind of stuffs.

Also my biggest regret is I didnt buy the hair >_> I can't even cosplay.

@Ash-Lv1 I mean, it shows the color indicator right on the item description, so you could always just recolor it to white if you want.

That said, I forget, did they not even show the item description box at first in the Fresh Finds?

@AndrlCh said in Starter Outfit for 400SG?!:

@Ash-Lv1 I mean, it shows the color indicator right on the item description, so you could always just recolor it to white if you want.

The whole point of selling this outfit for 400SG... not because it has 1 extra star in the item description...

It is the uniform Io is wearing, and u kind of ruined it if u recolour... But who would have guessed that was Io's cloth back then ._. ...

@Ash-Lv1 I guess to me it doesn't seem that odd considering that these color variants of the starter outfits were originally part of AC Scratches just like every other outfit in the Fresh Finds, so it's not like they are putting up outfits that were originally free or purchasable from an NPC.

I feel these should go for much less than 400, being just color variants of initial outfits. These don't even have the subtle differences you see in outfits like Huey and the Klarys girl, as far as I've seen (correct me if wrong). No reason why they should go for the same price as a full fledged extra outfit.

If they really wanted to make it worth the price they should of made that particular outfit usable by other races. That would of been a neat feature if the standard outfit was only for Newman but if people wanted this on their cast or human they had an option.

@Ash-Lv1 said in Starter Outfit for 400SG?!:

Turns out:

Remember back then we don't have preview in FF... I dunno how many ppl r "scammed" by this kind of stuffs.

bro do you not see the color when you buy it? that also means u can recolor it however you want. Need more color change pass? Trade an ARKS Rappy suit for one which you can get on 1-3 and 21-23rd of every month.

Not a scam at all. Especially when we have multiple ways to earn SG in game since Ep. 4 launched.

Before the layering wear system existed, many of the old outfits had color variations for the sake of variety. You could change the "main" color, but there were off colors that were different among them.

As a good example, I snagged the "Thousand Rim: Steel" off Fresh Finds way WAY back. The normally white accents on the armor are more of a tan color, the body suit is a mix of black and tan, and the glowy parts and see through portion of the chest area is an amber color instead of the usual green.

I'm hoping Thousand Rim: Shadow makes an appearance soon. I REALLY like that one. And sure, I'd love for the cost to be lower too, or for a more available way to get these variations, but I don't at all feel scammed by this. It's not like I'm buying a whole lot else with my SG, personally. Naturally, YMMV.

@Kurumi-Tokisaki said in Starter Outfit for 400SG?!:

@Ash-Lv1 said in Starter Outfit for 400SG?!:

Turns out:

bro do you not see the color when you buy it? that also means u can recolor it however you want. Need more color change pass? Trade an ARKS Rappy suit for one which you can get on 1-3 and 21-23rd of every month.

How do you know the item is blue when the icon is clearly showing white colour? there are blue parts on the icon, so naturally ones would assume it's the blue stripe colour.

If I would colour pass it, why don't I do it on a regular 1000meseta ones, but rather on this 400SG one?

Remember this suit was obtained during OBT. There is no other options of getting SG other than either buying it, or go with SG outfits farming.

@Ash-Lv1 Icon is misleading indeed. But that's because they used a single one for all colors due to it's editable nature. The actual color is shown below the rarity and the "equipable by" details. Once you know where that is, your eyes will do the rest of the job every future time.

@ZorokiHanuke said in Starter Outfit for 400SG?!:

@Ash-Lv1 Icon is misleading indeed. But that's because they used a single one for all colors due to it's editable nature. The actual color is shown below the rarity and the "equipable by" details. Once you know where that is, your eyes will do the rest of the job every future time.

It isn't very misleading, anything that displays white in a colorable item is what changes color.