Summoner Guide

@AndrlCh said in Summoner Guide:

The general advice when it comes to Element is that if you have to have only one, it should be Light since most of the Raid Boss EQs in the entire game up through Ep.6 are weak to it, and because Falspawn can appear in most, if not every, Quest. The Pets you should have more than one ELement for are the ones that are typically meant for fighting bosses, like the Fox one (I don't remember its NA name).

For a Summoner, by default Pets use TEC, so the easiest choice is to go with a TEC Mag, but you can use MEL or RNG if you want and use the appropriate Switch Skill from your Tree; no matter which PWR you use, keep in mind that a Pet's attack will still count as TEC-based for any Skills on your Sub-class, but not as a Tech. A DEX Mag is only useful for a Brave or Bouncer.

And just as a general FYI regarding DEX, with any Pet or Weapon above 7*, DEX does nothing to raise your minimum damage since they automatically raise your minimum damage to its the highest it can be without a 100% Crit Rate, so it is essentially a waste to dump any SP into DEX on your Tree.

Great info just what I was after.

Thanks alot, has helped me out alot.

@Endrance-UK Hey, glad the guide's helping you out.

In terms of pets to focus on, focusing on Jinga as your main mobbing pet and Maron+Synchro for bossing pets is a good start. Eventually, though, you'd want to pick up all the other pets as well, and finally, double up on pets that you find die often.

Light pets is the main focus like Andrl said above. You can always switch your element on-the-fly with sodas if needed.

A Dex mag is only recommend for summoner using Phantom subclass - which NA doesn't have. So Tec is definitely the way to go.

@airoh2197 looking forward to diving in now on summoner, thanks all.

Hey agaim, just wondering if there is a best place to farm pets like Jinga?

I have the collection order going but that seems to take forever and plus it's not the element I want on him.

Any advice is much appreciated. Thamks

@Endrance-UK I don't have access to an Xbox, so I'm afraid I don't know where Jinga ( or Wanda) would drop.

I'd try selecting a quest, then selecting "Quest Records" (or the NA equivalent of that) on a bunch of SH quests to see which drops a high rarity Wanda or Jinga.

Should we change tec cookies to Mel cookies on na for Jinga?

@hAZE-1561 said in Summoner Guide:

Should we change tec cookies to Mel cookies on na for Jinga?

All pets use Tech unless you use the passive that change their attack type.

@airoh2197 said in Summoner Guide:

A Dex mag is only recommend for summoner using Phantom subclass - which NA doesn't have. So Tec is definitely the way to go.

So I’m confused, I was following the guide, and it says that MELEE mag is the way to go for summoner / fighter. But then I’m seeing stuff like this? Am I using the wrong mag? Should I be putting points into melee up in the fighter tree like the guide suggests?

@hAZE-1561 said in Summoner Guide:

@airoh2197 said in Summoner Guide:

So I’m confused, I was following the guide, and it says that MELEE mag is the way to go for summoner / fighter. But then I’m seeing stuff like this? Am I using the wrong mag? Should I be putting points into melee up in the fighter tree like the guide suggests?

The reason why we say it's best to use DEX Mag for Phantom sub is because phantom increases everything with an additional multiplier. So if you use DEX, Phantom actually increases all three attack power types even further.

@AnamanaAU's video on mag builds for each class explains this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E-jatByKEIo

@hAZE-1561 If you are using Fighter as your sub, then you do benefit most from a MEL Mag since you should be using the MEL Switch Skill on your Summoner Tree, thus meaning you will be using MEL as your primary stat; this is also why the guide recommends adding points into the MEL Up Skills.

@AndrlCh said in Summoner Guide:

@hAZE-1561 If you are using Fighter as your sub, then you do benefit most from a MEL Mag since you should be using the MEL Switch Skill on your Summoner Tree, thus meaning you will be using MEL as your primary stat; this is also why the guide recommends adding points into the MEL Up Skills.

Should I switch the tec cookies to Mel cookies in this case then?

@hAZE-1561 Yes, for a MEL build, you should.

@hAZE-1561 Yeah, when Running a Mel-built Su/Fi on NA, absolutely run Might Cookies instead of Casting cookies, like Andrl said.

@lameover If you read through all that info, it mentions that a MEL-Mag is for pre-2017 builds, which the EN server basically is because we do not have ready access to Rykross Staff. If you do have a Rykross Staff, you get higher damage from using TEC-Pwr because the Megid that it auto-fires scales off of TEC-Pwr, but if you don't, MEL-Pwr is still the better option on a Su/Fi.

If you want to future-proof, then yeah, go for a TEC-Mag (or a DEX Mag since /Ph is the go-to sub once it is released), but currently you get at least ~4% better damage with a MEL-Pwr /Fi build over a TEC-Pwr based one.