Summoner Guide

Hey, so a while back I finished writing a guide for Summoner on the JP servers and figured it might be of value to those looking to pick up the class on the NA servers!

https://airohhhhh.github.io

• Let me know if you have any questions!

edit: I'm now realizing that I'm really bad at remembering to check this thread. Hit me up on Discord for a timely response.

@airoh2197 question when using SU/FI do you always keep brave and wise stance active to receive the benefits ? Or do you have to keep switching stances depending on where your pet is. For example if my pet is attacking from front it gets bonus from brave stance but what happens if my pet goes behind target . Do I lose the added bonus ?

Valiant Stance is a passive, it doesn't get switched to or from. Wise stance is "Active," and thus you activate it, but this turns off Valiant Stance temporarily until wise stance is off/etc.

This is the same system as Braver's Basic (Passive) and Precision (Active) stance.

@coldreactive so keeping wise stance activated at all times is just fine ?

@The-BlizzG If you keep Wise Stance active at all times it deactivates Valiant Stance completely.

Could you just skip wise stance all together?

@The-BlizzG Technically, yeah, if you don't see yourself wanting to switch back and forth.

If you have Wise Stance and Wise Stance Up and you can reliably position yourself, it does much higher damage, however.

The multipliers break down like this:

Valiant+Valiant Up+proper position: 154%

Valiant+wrong position: 135%

Wise+Wise Up+proper position: 175.5%

Wise+wrong position: 130%

This is why I choose braver as sub instead, since Braver's passive "Basic" stance is just a straight damage up, rather than worrying about positioning, and it's active stance is for weak points, rather than positioning.

@coldreactive said in Summoner Guide:

This is why I choose braver as sub instead, since Braver's passive "Basic" stance is just a straight damage up, rather than worrying about positioning, and it's active stance is for weak points, rather than positioning.

Also probably works great in combination with the summoner mark skill, as my guess is they both stack.

@The-BlizzG You do need to switch stances to keep your bonus active, but that said, Valiant Stance is active probably 95% of the time when mobbing. Most bosses can only be attacked from the front as well.

Wise Stance is just taken so that you can gain Wise Stance's damage increase against the small minority of enemies that feature rear weakpoints, such as Ragne

@coldreactive You don't really need to worry about positioning all that much on Su/Fi. Even without thinking about positioning at all, Valiant Stance will be active almost always. And since Valiant offers 54% damage which is higher than both of Braver's stances... there's never a reason to run Su/Br over Su/Fi.

@airoh2197 said in Summoner Guide:

@coldreactive You don't really need to worry about positioning all that much on Su/Fi. Even without thinking about positioning at all, Valiant Stance will be active almost always. And since Valiant offers 54% damage which is higher than both of Braver's stances... there's pretty much no reason to use Su/Br.

In the JP version, my summoned pet often targets from the sides or diagonals. I use the purple pony though, and that usually means it uses an aoe rather than a direct attack. Rare rappies are hard to find, and it's even rarer to have them drop the rappy pet.

@coldreactive Your pet might hit stuff from the side or diagonally sometimes, - that's true, but regardless Valiant Stance will still be active more than often enough for it to outweight the low multipliers of Basic Stance.

And even if you do hit from the side, or behind while in Valiant Stance. That still does more damage than Basic Stance. 135% for Valiant from behind versus 126.5% for Basic Stance. In every scenario, Su/Fi will deal more damage with Valiant Stance than Su/Br with Basic Stance.

@airoh2197 said in Summoner Guide:

Hey, so a while back I finished writing a guide for Summoner on the JP servers and figured it might be of value to those looking to pick up the class on the NA servers!

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1HZqJp4K6fueOxABqbgl9KafdtZOJUe8jkU6E42hDXc8/edit#heading=h.kyky8gwlm31v

• If you have any questions feel free to respond here or reach me on Discord. Hope this helps!

Great guide, helping me quite abit. I'm just lost on which pets to focus on and what element type they should be? Surely having every pet with every element is too much?

Sorry of this is a odd question I'm still trying to learn the game.

And also what stat on mag would you say it better overall DeX of tec?

Thanks again for the guide.

The general advice when it comes to Element is that if you have to have only one, it should be Light since most of the Raid Boss EQs in the entire game up through Ep.6 are weak to it, and because Falspawn can appear in most, if not every, Quest. The Pets you should have more than one ELement for are the ones that are typically meant for fighting bosses, like the Fox one (I don't remember its NA name).

For a Summoner, it really goes down to your Sub-class as to which Mag to get; by default Pets use TEC, so the easiest choice is to go with a TEC Mag, but you can use MEL or RNG and use the appropriate Switch Skill from your Tree; no matter which PWR you use, keep in mind that a Pet's attack will still count as TEC-based for any Skills on your Sub-class, but not as a Tech. A DEX Mag is only useful for a Braver or Bouncer.

And just as a general FYI regarding DEX, with any Pet or Weapon above 7*, DEX does nothing to raise your minimum damage since they automatically raise your minimum damage to its the highest it can be without a 100% Crit Rate, so it is essentially a waste to dump any SP into DEX on your Tree.