Let us search Personal Shop by partial name.

It's kinda insane how we have to type out the name exactly if we want to find an item (especially since [Search] doesn't populate with the item if you haven't seen it in some way yet)... IIRC Japanese server let you search by partial name so please let us search by partial name such as Lucent instead of S3: Lucent Grace for instance.

I am coldreactive, and I am not making an "I support this topic" joke.

But yes, I remember that JP also allowed us partial searches.

JP server has the same issue with the item name cache, though it definitely does seem like the Global version's can hold less names so the problem is more prevalent. One can just hope they update the whole system with NGS.

@AndrlCh I think the lobby stuttering is tied to that cache. When the player vending was down, I had zero stuttering, even in heavily populated servers. It could be why they lowered the amount of items saved to said cache, and also lowered the amount of time each item is saved.

@Anarchy-Marine said in Let us search Personal Shop by partial name.:

@AndrlCh I think the lobby stuttering is tied to that cache. When the player vending was down, I had zero stuttering, even in heavily populated servers. It could be why they lowered the amount of items saved to said cache, and also lowered the amount of time each item is saved.

Well, it doesn't need to cache to search market, that's the thing. When you type item name in even if it's not cached it'll show up... But it has to be picture perfect exact which is so.... ugh.

How did the Japanese version work? I don't know how that works, but if they are caching at the character level, ie a single kanji, than I could see why their search system wouldn't work here for English. If this was the case, I could see them disabling it to get something working in global and haven't come back to it.

@Moei said in Let us search Personal Shop by partial name.:

How did the Japanese version work? I don't know how that works, but if they are caching at the character level, ie a single kanji, than I could see why their search system wouldn't work here for English. If this was the case, I could see them disabling it to get something working in global and haven't come back to it.

you search normally and it comes up with hits , no need to search for an exact name or anything of the sort. if you search... Shadow, you'll see any outfit with shadow in its name listed by price for instance.

@Kurumi-Tokisaki As I said, sometimes that fails even on the JP server, both with and without the fan-made item patch, still requiring you to do the full name search, though it seems to happen less often in my personal experience than on the Global version.

The overall issue is the game's use of the local item name cache instead of some other system to deal with partial search results.